PDA

View Full Version : Got TPMS

stepback68
16-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Been having a good browse on the site this arvo.
Perusing topics related to the Passat in particular.
As my car has the TPMS and I had a guy stuff one fitting a tyre. I had to supply its replacement and then learn the process to reset the system from scratch.
Interestingly a (VW?) service bulletin I read at another site says never to use tyre sealant in a wheel with TPMS. Its obvious it will gum up the little ole in sensor.....
So what do you get in your spare wheel well when you have the 18" wheel option. Yep... Tyre Goop and a compressor.

chris.
16-09-2009, 08:14 PM
is there a question in that?

if you want you could always remove the Goop & compressor and replace it with a space saver
:???: just an idea if it really conserns you

but it is a bit of a catch 22
remember tho that in the case that you get a flat and have to use the goop your tyre will end up coming off to be repaced or repaired anyways in which case the sesor could be cleaned?

stepback68
17-09-2009, 05:02 AM
No question at all.
Just pointing out that if you have to use the goop, you could be up for more than just the cost of your tyre... a replacement sensor is $200+ .
I do keep a spare tyre (18"), but not a wheel.
An additional note to that is not all tyre shops are familiar with the sensors being in the wheels and people need to make sure that the shop can deal with it properly.