PDA

View Full Version : QLD black passat unmarked police car

mikepologti
16-09-2009, 01:08 AM
scene on sunshine motorway about 10 am monday morning. funny enough pulling over a red vw golf gti mark v.

sillygogo
16-09-2009, 07:40 AM
waaaaa . Passat standard or modified?

Saw a silver GTi doing the laser near ANZ stadium on Kessel rd few days ago. Not sure if it is the same Silver GTi or they got another one.

maca
17-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Jeez ya reckon they could respect the brotherhood eh? That's how I plan on getting out of it if that TFSI Jetta pulls be over.. :P

Yesterday I saw a Silver 2.0 TDI Mk5 with a cop in it repairing the speed camera on the Gold Coast..

Brisben
17-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Jeez ya reckon they could respect the brotherhood eh? That's how I plan on getting out of it if that TFSI Jetta pulls be over.. :P

Yesterday I saw a Silver 2.0 TDI Mk5 with a cop in it repairing the speed camera on the Gold Coast..

No chance, however to get a little bit of your own back ask them when they fine you

"Whats it like being a revenue collector for the goverment when all you wanted to be was a police officer":P

Normally goes down really well !

oracle1
17-09-2009, 05:15 PM
tried that about 18 years ago, it only increases the amount of the fine, one needs to realise that for them its a game, a modern day hunt looking for suckers, so suck it up and suck up, the other day I was super polite to one and he only gave me an $80 fine for missing front plate on an old pig landcruiser, he could have gone to town for the bald tyres, missing front bar mudflaps mirror etc etc etc :bowdown: suck it up and don't make your self conspicious. Don't shoot the messenger, do something about good government

maca
17-09-2009, 06:07 PM
No chance, however to get a little bit of your own back ask them when they fine you

"Whats it like being a revenue collector for the goverment when all you wanted to be was a police officer":P

Normally goes down really well !
What could they fine you for if your car is 100% legal and roadworthy??

craig_the_german
17-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi all,

I was in Brisbane CBD this morning and spotted a silver Jetta cop car.

Tinted windows with the red/blue lights behind the grill and in the rear window....I pity the poor unsuspecting guy he had pulled over. :eek:

maca
17-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi all,

I was in Brisbane CBD this morning and spotted a silver Jetta cop car.

Tinted windows with the red/blue lights behind the grill and in the rear window....I pity the poor unsuspecting guy he had pulled over. :eek:
447 LKI - Coded TFSI with a mobile antenna on the top left of the windscreen :D

Brisben
18-09-2009, 07:10 AM
What could they fine you for if your car is 100% legal and roadworthy??

Well thats the risk you take, they take 30 minutes of your time trying to find something.. I am sure they have some tricks up their sleeves!

Sharkie
18-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I take a shortcut through some back streets on the way to work most days and often they have speed trap - laser guy hiding behind some parked cars in a 40 zone there.

I give him a friendly wave every time I go past (on the bike) and since I know of their habit I never speed there :eek:. A few weeks ago, they had another guy 100m further up and as I approached he pulled me over to do a RBT etc etc etc after getting off the radio.

Seems I've been working on their nerves going past almost daily never speeding and waving ...... :P

I was super polite and friendly and did everything they wanted. Took them really aback to the point that eventually he asked why I kept on waving at them ...... :P

I just replied that I felt sorry for them being out there @ 7am and just greeted them without malice or other intent .....

I have never been stopped there again and get a wave back most days now .....

maca
18-09-2009, 08:57 AM
I take a shortcut through some back streets on the way to work most days and often they have speed trap - laser guy hiding behind some parked cars in a 40 zone there.

I give him a friendly wave every time I go past (on the bike) and since I know of their habit I never speed there :eek:. A few weeks ago, they had another guy 100m further up and as I approached he pulled me over to do a RBT etc etc etc after getting off the radio.

Seems I've been working on their nerves going past almost daily never speeding and waving ...... :P

I was super polite and friendly and did everything they wanted. Took them really aback to the point that eventually he asked why I kept on waving at them ...... :P

I just replied that I felt sorry for them being out there @ 7am and just greeted them without malice or other intent .....

I have never been stopped there again and get a wave back most days now .....
HAHA that's a great story!! But yeah, it comes down to respect.

If you respect them, they'll respect you.

IanJ
19-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Sorry couldn't resist.....

http://gomeler.com/pic/Articles/I%20Live/Cartman.jpg