PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mats for the Mk6

poyta
15-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Anyone know where I can get some floormats for a Mk6 golf? Can be either carpet or rubber. I want to get some that are designed for the Golf, not generic crap that doesn't fit properly. I remember someone recently on ebay selling some but can't find him anymore. Dont really want to get them from the dealer and they are hideously expensive.

mikinoz
15-09-2009, 03:41 PM
You really only have the choice of eBay when they come up as those are genuine parts. The dealer is the next option and as you know they are expensive. Maybe the US$ is in favour and you can get some cheaply from the USA?

woosh73
15-09-2009, 03:49 PM
you may also want to find someone who has the mats , make a template and get motor trimmer to make some up for you. Might work out alright , get the exact colour you want. If you can find one just go to the dealer / car yard test drive one and once your out of sight just wack it on cardboard ( have it in your car down the road ) - i ended up doing this for my 00 rexy , cost me $120 for the lot with the colour i wanted ( slightly darker than original)

Old_Fart
15-09-2009, 05:35 PM
If you can afford around $160 for the correct VW rubber mats that are perfectly shaped to fit both the front and back floor wells - you will end up with the right result that compliments a $40,000 car.

They are available from any VW Parts outlet. The genuine VW rubber mats come with the same post fittings as the OEM carpets - to assist ease of removal for cleaning and/or washing. Avoid the cheaper "Mickey Mouse" altenatives.

sillygogo
16-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Try to get one out of your sales guy.

They VW wants to charge me over $200 for a genuine sets, what a ripoff. Hunt around my local auto shops, none of them fits. I eventually brought them from Ebay $99 + postage. Few weeks later the dealer rang and gave me a set. Now the genuine set is sitting the store room. PM me if you are interest in buying them from me:rolleyes:

thamwk
16-09-2009, 06:06 PM
my suggestion is to call up a few parts departments and make some friends :) the prices are rather flexible.

the prices i got were: $90 (front rubber), $80 (back rubber), $130 (foam boot liner).

i really doubt that this is the lowest it can go, but it sure beats the original $250 i was quoted just for the front and back rubber mats :)

sideshow77
17-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I recently bought these mats for my sister's Golf. Ordered on Monday, arrived in Perth on Friday. Fit very well, just nominate what shape the floor clips are and obviously what model Golf you have.

Note that only the front two mats are embroidered....

VW Golf Mats (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Volkswagen-Golf-Tailored-Car-mats-NEW-AUS-MADE_W0QQitemZ220398414084QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3350c4e904&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30#ebayphotohosting)

HFTDI
17-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Anyone know where I can get some floormats for a Mk6 golf? Can be either carpet or rubber. I want to get some that are designed for the Golf, not generic crap that doesn't fit properly. I remember someone recently on ebay selling some but can't find him anymore. Dont really want to get them from the dealer and they are hideously expensive.

I have a Golf 6 and also bought Genuine Golf 6 Rubber Floor Mats. They are a Volkswagen Genuine Accesssory and fit just right.

I dont know the part number but just go and see the spare parts department at a Volkswagen dealership.

dopey
18-09-2009, 11:09 AM
You'd have to be a real tightass not to buy the genuine VW items. Why didn't you get them when you bought the car in the first place? They'll usually throw them over for free.

sillygogo
18-09-2009, 06:47 PM
You'd have to be a real tightass not to buy the genuine VW items. Why didn't you get them when you bought the car in the first place? They'll usually throw them over for free.

Well..it not really compute when VW quotes you around $220 for the mats...when a aftermarket version is halve the price, plus some buyers are on a tight budget.

sillygogo
16-12-2009, 06:26 PM
PM me if you are interest in buying them from me:rolleyes:

Thank you for the interests, the mats has been sold

Christopher
17-12-2009, 03:52 PM

I would have thought the same... When I bought my Golf VI GTi I just asked for them to be thrown in for free... Even hit them up for umbrella's, hats and drink bottles...

sillygogo
17-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I would have thought the same... When I bought my Golf VI GTi I just asked for them to be thrown in for free... Even hit them up for umbrella's, hats and drink bottles...

There are freeby umbrellas and hats...Do'h should of hit them up for it..but got a pretty good deal for the car though..not to worry.

Maverick
17-12-2009, 07:49 PM

lol the floor mats come free with the GTI :emo_baghead:

Next time read the brochure first!

geojack555
17-12-2009, 09:12 PM
I got it for free as well with my car :) Just hassled the sales guy and he got me for free

Christopher
18-12-2009, 08:44 AM
QUOTE=Maverick;432790]lol the floor mats come free with the GTI :emo_baghead:

Next time read the brochure first![/QUOTE]

Good call... :bowdown:

Corey_R
20-12-2009, 10:10 AM
lol yeah, I can't believe how many people have been listing 'and matts' in their quotes in the GTI prices thread :D

nuganen
13-01-2010, 05:11 PM
lol the floor mats come free with the GTI :emo_baghead:

Next time read the brochure first!

GTI mats or just normal golf mats???

Lima
13-01-2010, 05:36 PM
GTI mats, of course, haha. :P

nuganen
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi All,

Can't seem to get a definite answers from the dealers.
When you buy the new golf gti 6 do they come with GTI mats or just normal golf mats?
so if there's any one could confirm this.

cheers

MurphyTheElf
11-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I asked a similar question a few days ago because I received regular mats with mine. And that was the consensus - regular mats only.

Christopher
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I've been told it's regular...
GTI embroided mats are a $200-ish dealer assessory if I remember correctly. Unless you negotiated them in...

Sute
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I've got mine on Tuesday and can confirm it has the plain (dark gray) mats as standard.
GTI embroided mats are an optional extra - of cousre you could negotiate this with the dealer.

Caz
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I picked my GTI up over a week ago and only got the plain mats :(
I have been looking around to get some custom mats done :)

Allegiance
11-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I've got mine on Tuesday and can confirm it has the plain (dark gray) mats as standard.
GTI embroided mats are an optional extra - of cousre you could negotiate this with the dealer.

Just make sure you negotiate prior to signing the contract j::banana:

mattyf83
11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Just make sure you negotiate prior to signing the contract j::banana:

and even if you dont you could just screw it out of the dealer after:banana::banana::banana:

Allegiance
11-02-2010, 06:47 PM
and even if you dont you could just screw it out of the dealer after:banana::banana::banana:

LOL :fruit: :DancingLine:

mfl
11-02-2010, 07:05 PM
yep just got the plain grey ones too

obiwan
11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Oh, I didn't even know there were specific GTI ones. We asked about mats and when he said that the mats come with it, that was the end of that part of the conversation.

GTI63
22-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Apologies for the trival question, but I am wondering what car mats if any come with the car or do I need to order them from the dealer or factory?

niulf
22-02-2010, 03:47 PM
GTI comes with normal floor mats. The rubber mats are option.

shaq
22-02-2010, 04:03 PM
The GTi come with normal plain boring black matts. However they dont advertise this but i actually saw this at the GTI Track day they had at eastern creek. But as an option you can order authentic 'GTI" Front and rear matts, but prepared to pay 200+ bucks for them.

From what i could see they were specially made and moulded for the GTI with GTI Stitching. I got em !! But did i pay for them.. lets just say i didnt LOL !

Tux
22-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Could a motor trimmer monogram the standard mats with a nice GTI?

ricksterrr
22-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Not sure whether these are OEM (probably not), but much cheaper and they look quite decent

http://www.vwdiscountparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=7254&siteid=214028&categoryID=155423

Maverick
22-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Not sure whether these are OEM (probably not), but much cheaper and they look quite decent

http://www.vwdiscountparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=7254&siteid=214028&categoryID=155423

Useless in Australia as we have right hand drive cars. Plus that's US dollars so when you add freight on your can triple that price.

nau
23-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Useless in Australia as we have right hand drive cars. Plus that's US dollars so when you add freight on your can triple that price.

US dollar is 0.84+ this days so its not that bad

still cheaper thn from VW for small-med items

Maverick
23-02-2010, 10:16 AM
US dollar is 0.84+ this days so its not that bad

still cheaper thn from VW for small-med items

I wasn't talking about just the exchange rate I was talking about the exchange rate and freight.

jj77
12-03-2010, 03:12 AM
When I bought my Polo in 2004, I put down free mats in the contact but received standard black mats. So when I ordered my new Golf TSI 2 days ago, I specified GENUINE GOLF mats and confirmed with the salesperson and asked him to show me the mats I will be getting :)

J

Corey_R
12-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Hi jj77, welcome to the forums. When you say that you've ordered a Golf TSI, I presume you mean a 90TSI or 118TSI.
The genuine floor mats for the GTI, are just plain black. They are perfectly tailored to the car and come with it from the factory.

There are of course 'dealer accessory mats' available for both the TSI and GTI models. Are the ones that you've ordered the black ones with the word 'Golf' written along the door side, as per the picture on page 30 of the brochure (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/en_au/new_cars/golf/pricing___specifications.Par.0022.File.pdf/golf-brochure.pdf)?

moniker
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
We have Dealer Accessory mats. They are the same shape as the genuine mats, and are designed to fit properly, with the correct clips.

We fit these free of charge to all cars. If you want genuine floor mats you just upgrade.

Dermot - I purchased a new Golf within the last month or so from you guys and did not get any mats.

Sounds like I should have?

moniker
12-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Tennille will be in touch this morning. Can you call by and pick them up from her?

Yeah thanks Dermot - I have heard from her already and will sort it out.
Cheers!!

gti
12-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I asked them in my deal then hey said they couldn't get them/they no longer had them...in a few weeks after ringing around and almost getting relatives to get them for me whilst overseas I found a dealership who had them..then rang the place I got the car from and told them and swapped mats.
Ensure you get them in your deal if that's what you want. They look better than the standard ones IMO.

jj77
13-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Hi jj77, welcome to the forums. When you say that you've ordered a Golf TSI, I presume you mean a 90TSI or 118TSI.
The genuine floor mats for the GTI, are just plain black. They are perfectly tailored to the car and come with it from the factory.

There are of course 'dealer accessory mats' available for both the TSI and GTI models. Are the ones that you've ordered the black ones with the word 'Golf' written along the door side, as per the picture on page 30 of the brochure (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/en_au/new_cars/golf/pricing___specifications.Par.0022.File.pdf/golf-brochure.pdf)?

Hi coreying,

Yes, I mean 118 TSI (not GTI). Yes, they are black with the word "GOLF" written along the door side as per the picture on the brochure. And I made sure it's genuine VW mats not dealer made ones :D I don't think TSI comes with floor mats... that's why I had to ask.

J

jj77
13-03-2010, 03:41 AM
Tennille will be in touch this morning. Can you call by and pick them up from her?

You guys are really good! and your after-sales service seems beyond what others offer. I should've visited Wangara VW before visiting Vic Park VW. Doh! I will though when my partner is getting his Golf GTI!

J

triode12
13-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Anthracite coloured mats should come standard with the car. They are not a gift from the dealer. If you didn't get them when you picked up the car, I would demand them from your dealer.

You can purchase OEM accessory mats with 'GOLF' embroidered on them or the GTI specific mats with 'GTI' embroidered on them and red piping round the edges. Both are a $200 accessory.

The best mats to ask for when you are doing a deal (IMO)are the OEM rubber ones which also cost anywhere between $170 - $250.

Corey_R
13-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Anthracite coloured mats should come standard with the car. They are not a gift from the dealer. If you didn't get them when you picked up the car, I would demand them from your dealer.

Just to clarify for everyone. Anthracite coloured mats are ONLY standard in the GTI.
This thread was originally two separate threads - one about GTI and one about the standard TSI/TDIs, and was merged together by someone - hence why it may be a bit confusing now.

So yes, TDI and TSI models do not come with mats as standard, and GTI (and presumably the R in a few months) do come with anthracite mats standard :)

moniker
13-03-2010, 05:00 PM
You guys are really good! and your after-sales service seems beyond what others offer. I should've visited Wangara VW before visiting Vic Park VW. Doh! I will though when my partner is getting his Golf GTI!

J

Well you know, before going to Wangara, I did get a price from another north of the river VW dealer that is actually a lot closer to me, but their deal made me laugh. (If you can call RRP on the new car and below red-book for the trade an 'offer')

So yeah, I'm pretty happy with Wangara VW. (For you following elsewhere this is in Perth)

jj77
13-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Just to clarify for everyone. Anthracite coloured mats are ONLY standard in the GTI.
This thread was originally two separate threads - one about GTI and one about the standard TSI/TDIs, and was merged together by someone - hence why it may be a bit confusing now.

So yes, TDI and TSI models do not come with mats as standard, and GTI (and presumably the R in a few months) do come with anthracite mats standard :)

My apologies - I think it was me jumped in and talked about floor mats for Golf TSI :( I should've read the thread more carefully.

Corey_R
13-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Nah - you started your own thread, it was later merged.

darkfriend
03-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi all,

I pick up my new 118TSI tomorrow from Osborne Park VW (WA). When I signed the contract I forgot to get them to include free floor mats. I've asked them for a price and they have quoted $380! This does seem a bit rediculous. Anyone know of a reasonable brand of mat that fits the TSI? I have told the dealer that I'm not going to pay their price.

hooba
03-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Have a look here for a start.

OEM European Volkswagen Interior Parts for Golf & Jetta VI Vehicles. (http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=75_108_110)

Corey_R
03-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi all,

I pick up my new 118TSI tomorrow from Osborne Park VW (WA). When I signed the contract I forgot to get them to include free floor mats. I've asked them for a price and they have quoted $380! This does seem a bit rediculous. Anyone know of a reasonable brand of mat that fits the TSI? I have told the dealer that I'm not going to pay their price.

Lol... that's why you should have bought it from Wangara... they've been throwing them in for free :)

darkfriend
03-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes, after reading about Wangara here, I agree Coreying. However I've missed that boat!

Maybe next time when I upgrade to a GTI!

yyn
03-06-2010, 10:07 PM
You could also try to get the mats from here

Volkswagen Golf,Tailored Car mats, AUS MADE, Logo, VW - eBay Floor Mats, Carpets, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 18-Jun-10 14:24:06 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Volkswagen-Golf-Tailored-Car-mats-AUS-MADE-Logo-VW-/220608260296?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item335d46e8c8)

Guest1306
03-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Send me an email arranging a time to come up for a coffee and I will give u mats free of charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj77
03-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Send me an email arranging a time to come up for a coffee and I will give u mats free of charge

Wow, Dermot - you're really good!
OK, it's too late for me as I bought my car from elsewhere before join this forum. But I will certainly do my logbook service from your dealer.

J

darkfriend
03-06-2010, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Dermot;516079]Send me an email arranging a time to come up for a coffee and I will give u mats free of charge

Dermot that's amazing...you're a star... I will be in contact!

Olaf the Golaf
04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
i bought my TSi a few months ago, there was an option to get free mats??? cheapest i've found was $100 on ebay...

cameronp
04-06-2010, 02:09 AM

Far out, now that's what I call good service!

FWIW, Osborne Park VW were also going to charge me for floor mats initially, but when I coughed and spluttered indignantly, they threw them in for free.

REXman
04-06-2010, 03:22 AM

Mate thats gold!

Wish there were some dealers to buy from in Sydney like that!!

ConR
04-06-2010, 07:33 AM
I still don't get cars not coming with floor mats, especially for anything that costs over $30k. I mean, the approx. $300 they quoted you for floor mats is what, 1% of the price of the car? And how much does that mean to their overall reputation, when you tell all your mates that they charged you extra for mats?

It's the little things that count in my eyes. You know those mats cost the dealer next to nothing.

Thumbs up to Dermot. Agreed...all dealers should be like that!

Maverick
04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
I still don't get cars not coming with floor mats, especially for anything that costs over $30k. I mean, the approx. $300 they quoted you for floor mats is what, 1% of the price of the car? And how much does that mean to their overall reputation, when you tell all your mates that they charged you extra for mats?

It's the little things that count in my eyes. You know those mats cost the dealer next to nothing.

Thumbs up to Dermot. Agreed...all dealers should be like that!

There's a million reasons why not. And the mats do cost the dealership a reasonable amount.

They are often thrown in with the sale as part of the negotiation process like a full tank of fuel. I've never "paid" as such for floor mats in any of my cars and always negotiated them in (GTI has them included so that wasn't hard).
Not everyone want's floor mats and may instead want the rubber mats there or even sheepskin.
It would add to the base cost of the car and every dollar does add up plus it's one more item to go missing along the way from Volkswagen to the Dealer.
It's like mud flaps being an option, the rear boot liner trays and the list goes on, they're all personal choices. Some consider headlight protectors to be essential but others don't.

hazamatic
04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Hmm I didn't ask about floor mats or fuel when I bought my GTI (picking it up mid-June). This is my first new car and I just assumed floor mats were included, and a tank of fuel common courtesy by the dealer.

Oh well, the above post suggests floor mats are included free in a GTI (is this confirmed?). And a tank of fuel isn't that expensive.

Christopher
04-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Hmm I didn't ask about floor mats or fuel when I bought my GTI (picking it up mid-June). This is my first new car and I just assumed floor mats were included, and a tank of fuel common courtesy by the dealer.

Oh well, the above post suggests floor mats are included free in a GTI (is this confirmed?). And a tank of fuel isn't that expensive.

Yes - floor mats are standard on a GTI as specified in the brochure.
Full tank should be common courtesy, yes. I know when I picked up mine, I didn't get a full tank (slipped my mind at contract neg time) - they said standard delievery full amount is 20ltrs - so I asked them to top mine up...

team_v
04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Yes - floor mats are standard on a GTI as specified in the brochure.
Full tank should be common courtesy, yes. I know when I picked up mine, I didn't get a full tank (slipped my mind at contract neg time) - they said standard delievery full amount is 20ltrs - so I asked them to top mine up...

Floor mats are standard in teh GTI but the GTI specific mats are extra aren't they?

G-rig
04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd consider selling my near new black mats that came in the GTI as I wouldn't mind buying some GTI specific ones.

Christopher
04-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Floor mats are standard in teh GTI but the GTI specific mats are extra aren't they?

Yes - GTI specific are an extra $280-ish... Similar with rubber mats..

hazamatic
04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
What's the difference between the GTI specific ones? Any pics?

Kwoka
04-06-2010, 01:27 PM

http://drivergear.vw.com/vw08/Elements/d1K1061271O.JPG

Here's what the GTI specific ones look like. It's practically trimmed in red and with a GTI logo.

Also are you able to get these at the dealers? As i can't seem to see it on the VW site when i click on accessories.

Christopher
04-06-2010, 01:33 PM

The standard ones are just plain black whereas the GTI ones are black with GTI embroided in on the site in red stitching.
I'll have a quick look for pics...... Pics found by Kwoka

hazamatic
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Well the GTI ones are nicer then plain black, but not worth losing sleep over.

kennyc
04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
The standard ones are just plain black whereas the GTI ones are black with GTI embroided in on the site in red stitching.
I'll have a quick look for pics...... Pics found by Kwoka

My mats on my GTI came with the black ones for free. Don't really care about the GTI specific one.

darkfriend
04-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I picked up my 118TSI this afternoon! When I mentioned to Osborne Park VW that a rival dealer had offered to supply the mats free of charge, they immediately said that they would do the same... also got the full tank of fuel! No mats yet though- on order. Like, who runs out of mats?

Anyway, love the car- Scotchgard drying as I type this! Thanks to Dermot at Wangara VW for the offer of free mats- a most successful bargaining chip in the end!

BBP
04-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I picked up my 118TSI this afternoon! When I mentioned to Osborne Park VW that a rival dealer had offered to supply the mats free of charge, they immediately said that they would do the same... also got the full tank of fuel! No mats yet though- on order. Like, who runs out of mats?

Anyway, love the car- Scotchgard drying as I type this! Thanks to Dermot at Wangara VW for the offer of free mats- a most successful bargaining chip in the end!

Dermot for PM !

No offence Dermot, but anyone could do better than the current clown.

Where's the Shooters' Party when you need them ?

Tigger
04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Dermot you will be getting a call from family of mine in WA very soon. They are in the market for a new vehicle, and your attention to customer service has not gone unnoticed!
It is the little things that make the difference...

Flighter
05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Lol... that's why you should have bought it from Wangara... they've been throwing them in for free :)

Yes, but be aware that they are not original VW mats, unless they have been embroidering "Wangara Volkswagen" top of them.

Flighter
05-06-2010, 12:22 PM
There's a million reasons why not. And the mats do cost the dealership a reasonable amount.

They are often thrown in with the sale as part of the negotiation process like a full tank of fuel. I've never "paid" as such for floor mats in any of my cars and always negotiated them in (GTI has them included so that wasn't hard).
Not everyone want's floor mats and may instead want the rubber mats there or even sheepskin.
It would add to the base cost of the car and every dollar does add up plus it's one more item to go missing along the way from Volkswagen to the Dealer.
It's like mud flaps being an option, the rear boot liner trays and the list goes on, they're all personal choices. Some consider headlight protectors to be essential but others don't.

Mav raises some valid points about choice and economics, but in my opinion, the Golf definitely needs mats of some kind. Maybe I'm just old, but I liked the fact that my first few cars had real loop or cut pile carpet. In comparison, the Golf's carpet just seems like fuzz to me, which I find hard to keep clean as stuff seems to stick to it like glue, necessitating me picking it out by hand at times.

Corey_R
05-06-2010, 01:44 PM
That's fine, but I know plenty of people who get a car which already has carpet mats, throw them out, and buy rubber ones! People have their own preferences, and as Mav said, why should people have to pay for things they may not want.

PhillipAudiDealer
05-06-2010, 03:43 PM

When there is a end of financial sale on it is very easy to run out of stock like cars and even Volkswagen Mats.. Not sticking up for the dealer here but there is no such thing as free mats they do cost a dealer money somewhere along the line.. Any dealer can make things sound free.

On another note it is very generous of Dermot at Wangara to want to supply mats to you free of charge and not even a customer of wangara . Very decent. Dermot I hope things are busy over your end of the country..

Flighter
05-06-2010, 05:23 PM
That's fine, but I know plenty of people who get a car which already has carpet mats, throw them out, and buy rubber ones! People have their own preferences, and as Mav said, why should people have to pay for things they may not want.

Not sure whether this was in response to my comment, which was really only intended to convey my opinion that mats of some kind are a good idea given that nature of the carpet, not that one kind of mat or another should be standard.

Corey_R
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Not sure whether this was in response to my comment, which was really only intended to convey my opinion that mats of some kind are a good idea given that nature of the carpet, not that one kind of mat or another should be standard.

Aaah, agreed then, everyone should ensure their car has a mat of one type or another :)

So a free sirloin steak, or a fortune for a filet.....

Too true :)

doc dogg
06-06-2010, 05:16 PM

I did ask at contract negotiation time and was told I would get a full tank...I didn't.

I'm sure if I asked for free mats they would have laughed in my face, it was hard enough getting them to give us more than $200 off RRP in the initial negotiations (Second negotiation was better once I learned about corporate discounts :D). I found it weird that they didn't try and upsell us on anything like paint protection, mats, tint, etc. when we first put in our order as well...I was ready to negotiate on a good deal for mats and tint, but never got the chance.

Now I'm tossing up whether to get carpet or rubber mats for the tiggy off ebay (in the meantime it is scotch guarded and I give it a quick suck with the dyson every time it gets crap in it). Shame we don't have a "Dermot" in Canberra giving away dealer logo'd mats :)

Plus my workmate who just bought a white TSI keeps telling me "You should have got it from Gerald Slaven" just because he knows it riles me up :D He did share some of his free wine though:happydrunks:

triode12
06-06-2010, 09:16 PM
If you are going to get the dealer to provide free mats, I'd recommend the OEM rubber ones. They are better at protecting the carpet underneath and don't wear as fast as the embroided ones.

PhillipAudiDealer
07-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I did ask at contract negotiation time and was told I would get a full tank...I didn't.

I'm sure if I asked for free mats they would have laughed in my face, it was hard enough getting them to give us more than $200 off RRP in the initial negotiations (Second negotiation was better once I learned about corporate discounts :D). I found it weird that they didn't try and upsell us on anything like paint protection, mats, tint, etc. when we first put in our order as well...I was ready to negotiate on a good deal for mats and tint, but never got the chance.

Now I'm tossing up whether to get carpet or rubber mats for the tiggy off ebay (in the meantime it is scotch guarded and I give it a quick suck with the dyson every time it gets crap in it). Shame we don't have a "Dermot" in Canberra giving away dealer logo'd mats :)

Plus my workmate who just bought a white TSI keeps telling me "You should have got it from Gerald Slaven" just because he knows it riles me up :D He did share some of his free wine though:happydrunks:
+

As the The Brand Manager from Gerald Slaven Volkswagen I wished you did buy it from us..

I am glad you enjoyed your friends Wine. lol//.... Maybe we can try and help you on your next Volkswagen Purchase. Although I have heard the ads on our local radio that my local competiton is giving away free stickers.........rofl.. We here of course don't giveaway free stickers just hopefully give good service. smiles Phillip

Cossor
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Why floor mats?
(Apart from cut price car freebies)
Seriously folks, bought 'trimable' floor mats from Aldi.
Then (apart from in drivers area) purchased seperate small carpets
(see your local variety store)
NOW, I laid rubber floor mats, followed by carpet, on floor.
Result, much less noise reflected from road surface!
PLus, apart from "No prestige logo" still looks good.

G-rig
07-06-2010, 08:34 PM
+

As the The Brand Manager from Gerald Slaven Volkswagen I wished you did buy it from us..

I am glad you enjoyed your friends Wine. lol//.... Maybe we can try and help you on your next Volkswagen Purchase. Although I have heard the ads on our local radio that my local competiton is giving away free stickers.........rofl.. We here of course don't giveaway free stickers just hopefully give good service. smiles Phillip

+1. Was a pleasure to purchase a car from Phillip at Gerald Slaven. I also received a bottle of wine which i didn't expect at all and full tank of fuel. Also got USB+iPod cables. Highly recommended.

The GTI comes with standard floor mats, but something like that shouldn't be too hard to negotiate when closing the deal. I did so on a Honda in the past and they fit much better than cheapies.

Maverick
07-06-2010, 09:07 PM
+1. Was a pleasure to purchase a car from Phillip at Gerald Slaven. I also received a bottle of wine which i didn't expect at all and full tank of fuel. Also got USB+iPod cables. Highly recommended.

The GTI comes with standard floor mats, but something like that shouldn't be too hard to negotiate when closing the deal. I did so on a Honda in the past and they fit much better than cheapies.

Cheap mats are too dangerous. Ask this rocket scientist what he thinks of them.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/06/2002fordexplorerstopped-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/06/823977chaseweir-1.jpg
(chase weir: the floor mats made the car go fast and out of control)

G-rig
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah i can see some household mats with no grip getting stuck under the pedals because you wanted to save $100.

doc dogg
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
+

LOL, Yeah I know...if only I could go back in time to January 23 :) Won't be buying a new car for a while, the tiggy has been the culmination of 5 years of saving and a LOT of car research. Hopefully when it is time to replace it you will be selling hover cars, I wan't a hover car real bad...or an Audi R8 :D

Edit: just thought I would add, free stickers aren't the only thing they are giving away. We got an invoice from sunway insurance which they also signed us up to for free...even though I was quite clear that I was organising my own insurance with QBE when we picked the car up. Seems they were really keen to get that kick back from sunway and decided to ignore me and sign us up anyway.

PhillipAudiDealer
08-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Glad you ar ehappy with your Tiguan Purchase. Tiguan are a beautiful car and a 103 with fruit or a 147 tig is always my popular Drive Car along with GTI smiles... I must say as of today I will be hoping out of my white 147 Tig for my year long wait is over I finally get my Golf R Rising Blue DSG I sit here in my office drooling at her outside my window saying hurry up and rego me... Official Launch is Saturday the 12th June 2010 .. It is also my birthday but it will be known now as Golf R day..lol ...lol

darkfriend
20-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have any links to anywhere that sell mats that fit the 118TSI? Looks like my dealer has decided to forget/ renege on the after-sales offer of free mats.

Allegiance
20-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Does anyone have any links to anywhere that sell mats that fit the 118TSI? Looks like my dealer has decided to forget/ renege on the after-sales offer of free mats.

Did you have that in writing?

darkfriend
20-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Did you have that in writing?

No unfortunately. Originally didn't ask for mats and mentioned that in a separate thread somewhere... then Dermot from Wangara VW in WA offered me some before I had picked up my car from the dealer. I mentioned that to my dealer when I got the car (ie that a rival dealer would supply mats) and they said they would throw some in when they had them in stock. Now that verbal offer seems to be forgotten....

Yes... I should have had them put something down on paper

Corey_R
20-06-2010, 07:30 PM
No unfortunately. Originally didn't ask for mats and mentioned that in a separate thread somewhere... then Dermot from Wangara VW in WA offered me some before I had picked up my car from the dealer. I mentioned that to my dealer when I got the car (ie that a rival dealer would supply mats) and they said they would throw some in when they had them in stock. Now that verbal offer seems to be forgotten....

Yes... I should have had them put something down on paper

That's alright mate. At least now you know where to take your car when it's time for servicing...

darkfriend
20-06-2010, 07:35 PM
yep... the drive to Wangara will be rather nice in my new TSI....

alphabeatsco
29-06-2010, 02:20 PM
does anyone know if any local dealers or shops sell GTI Monster Mats?
I've tried my dealer and they dont even know what it is.
Also tried eBay, which was extremely expensive. Also not sure if they fit RHD vehicles or not.

alphabeatsco
29-06-2010, 02:21 PM
or just recommend any decent looking rubber mats.

triode12
29-06-2010, 02:23 PM
does anyone know if any local dealers or shops sell GTI Monster Mats?
I've tried my dealer and they dont even know what it is.
Also tried eBay, which was extremely expensive. Also not sure if they fit RHD vehicles or not.

You can't get them in RHD - only made in LHD. I've asked before. They are nice aren't they?

triode12
29-06-2010, 02:24 PM
or just recommend any decent looking rubber mats.

The OEM VW fitted rubber mats. You can get them from VW spare parts for $170 a set of 4. They are not bad.

alphabeatsco
29-06-2010, 02:31 PM
yeah the GTI monster mats are HOT! im so desperate now.haha
so does anyone know what the OEM vw fitted rubber mats looks like?

triode12
29-06-2010, 02:48 PM
yeah the GTI monster mats are HOT! im so desperate now.haha
so does anyone know what the OEM vw fitted rubber mats looks like?

They look like these except in black and with 'Golf' instead of 'Passat' embossed on them.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/06/European20All20Season20Rubber20Mats2020G-1.jpg

alphabeatsco
29-06-2010, 02:52 PM
oh ok.
thanks for the info.
i will look into it.
cheers

Brian
29-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Sorry, I may be missing something here, but in the 60s and 70s your car came with rubber mats standard. You had to pay extra to get carpet or buy a higher model in the lineup.
Why would you want to pay $170 to take your car back to the 70s by fitting rubber mats? Is this a retro thing or a rubber fetish?

Corey_R
29-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Much easier to clean rubber mates, especially if you're treading mud etc onto them.

Brian
29-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Much easier to clean rubber mates, especially if you're treading mud etc onto them.
I have lots of mates, Coreying, none of which I tread mud onto :)

Sorry, couldn't resist taking the p**s for your little typo. No offense intended and now I can see why some would want rubbers.

alphabeatsco
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
is there any rubber floor mats for the mk6 on the market?
apart from the OEM ones, which i dont thin it's worth 180bux.
i was initially interested in monster mats, but they only support LHD.
any suggestions?

Corey_R
07-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Don't start new threads on the same topic... and think of better names for topics in the first place :)

Dyldo
15-09-2010, 12:16 AM
A mate has just picked himself up a nice grey R but hates the stock mats. Spotted the ECS ones below and needs confirmation that they would fit a Golf R.

Also, would they be LHD unique or fit both?

Volkswagen Golf VI 2.0T > Interior > Floor Mats > ES#9769 R-Line Monster Rubber Floor Mats - 1K1061554HA041 (http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Interior/Floor_Mats/ES9769/)

Corey_R
15-09-2010, 10:20 AM
A mate has just picked himself up a nice grey R but hates the stock mats. Spotted the ECS ones below and needs confirmation that they would fit a Golf R.

Also, would they be LHD unique or fit both?

Volkswagen Golf VI 2.0T > Interior > Floor Mats > ES#9769 R-Line Monster Rubber Floor Mats - 1K1061554HA041 (http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Interior/Floor_Mats/ES9769/)

As per this thread which I've just merged your thread into, the mats from USA sites are LHD. They will not fit a RHD vehicle due to the differences in footwells.

Dyldo
15-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Cheers Coreying, I don't surf the Mk6 threads much and didn't notiuce the duplicate thread.

I will pass this on to my mate though, who seems to be a mud-magnet and i think he will go for these. Do we have to quote a part number?

Corey_R
15-09-2010, 08:34 PM
There's GTI Genuine Accessories List (http://www.my-gti.com/1665/volkswagen-golf-gti-genuine-accessories-list-a6-mark-vi-mark-6) on Maverick's site. It lists some rubber floor mats suitable for RHD vehicles.
1K2061501A041 Floor Mats, Rubber Black, Front $99.00
1K0061511041 Floor Mats, Rubber Black, Rear $81.95

logger
15-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I have a set of Golf6 mats from carmats4u (http://www.carmats4u.com.au/new-shape-vw-golf-car-mats-rubber-tailored-volkswagen-mark-6.html)
Had them for nearly a year now. I am very happy with them. Just under $90 delivered to your door for a set of 4. Very heavy duty, don't smell, fit very well, easy to hose off with the gurney.

DDTW
09-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I have a set of Golf6 mats from carmats4u (http://www.carmats4u.com.au/new-shape-vw-golf-car-mats-rubber-tailored-volkswagen-mark-6.html)
Had them for nearly a year now. I am very happy with them. Just under $90 delivered to your door for a set of 4. Very heavy duty, don't smell, fit very well, easy to hose off with the gurney.

Hey Logger,

Do the mats look like the ones on the website? The website shows an MK5 layout. Have you got pictures of yours?

I'm seriously considering rubber mats as Melbourne always gets wet!

The price now is only $49.99 + shipping which I reckon is a steal compared to the OEM ones.

logger
10-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah they look the same as the pics on the website. Very tough, no rubber smell, easy to clean. Very happy with them.

DDTW
10-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah they look the same as the pics on the website. Very tough, no rubber smell, easy to clean. Very happy with them.

Thanks for your feedback mate!

reddc5r
04-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Hey Guys,

Is there a specific floor mat for the Golf R (with logo maybe)? Or is it the same for all Golfs? Had a look through the brochure and nothing..

Also, anyone buy the cargo net or should I ask for it to be thrown in?

What are some of the freebies people have received when taking delivery?

Thanks.

triode12
04-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey Guys,

Is there a specific floor mat for the Golf R (with logo maybe)? Or is it the same for all Golfs? Had a look through the brochure and nothing..

Thanks.

The best mats to get IMO are the rubber ones.
Easy to maintain and they cover more area than the carpet ones.
They don't look to bad either.
$170 for all 4 from your nearest dealer.

Corey_R
04-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks.

Please refer to this picture:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/02/VWGolfR07-1.jpg

Apart from it being a LHD car, those are the mats which are standard in the Golf R. The carpet is coordinated to the rest of the dark interal, and the edge piping is coordinated to match the grey stitching on the steering wheel etc.

These mats are included as standard with the R from the factory.
The Golf GTI has similar mats, which are also standard from the factory.
The Comfortline and Trendline and 77TSI models do not have any standard mats from the factory.

BezzyR
04-02-2011, 08:15 PM

Golf umbrella

Coffee Mug

Cooler Bag

:eek:

reddc5r
04-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks all for the responses guys.

Given the weather in Melb I'm gonna need the golf umbrella!!

masev
04-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Me too! I wish I got one :(

Ohmang
26-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I have the "Anthracite" mats fitted as a standard accessory by the dealer. Are these the ones with the GTi logo on them?

Has anyone got a photo of what they look like?
:confused:

Corey_R
26-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I have the "Anthracite" mats fitted as a standard accessory by the dealer. Are these the ones with the GTi logo on them?

Has anyone got a photo of what they look like?
:confused:

If you're getting the dealer to give you mats, then you'll have two sets, since the GTI/GTD and R all come with mats from the factory.
And no, the mats from the factory do not have the GTI logo.

Ohmang
26-03-2011, 06:38 PM
If you're getting the dealer to give you mats, then you'll have two sets, since the GTI/GTD and R all come with mats from the factory.
And no, the mats from the factory do not have the GTI logo.

hmm - just looks like a sneaky one the dealer put on the contract - just listing mats that are included anyway .

rageR
26-03-2011, 06:50 PM
I had Gti embroided floor matts included with my car. :)

I made sure I was specific.
Red stitching embroided Gti floor matts.

If you just say you want Gti floor matts they will give you standard black matts from factory.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/6e212a2c-a9c6-6159.jpg

Corey_R
26-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Those GTI embroided mats are one of the many "dealer accessory" mat options which you can purchase from your dealer. They do not come standard with regular Golf GTI's (not sure about Adidas though?).

rageR
26-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Those GTI embroided mats are one of the many "dealer accessory" mat options which you can purchase from your dealer. They do not come standard with regular Golf GTI's (not sure about Adidas though?).

They dont come standard, but after some negotiating, had them thrown in.

Corey_R
26-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Good work!

And just a reminder for anyone else wanting to negotiate to receive these mats with the red embroided GTI logo and border. Make sure you specifically list the part number, or the words "Mats with red embroided GTI logo and border" onto the contract!!! We've had other members who have not realised the GTI game with any mats, then negotiated to get the "GTI mats" for free, and the dealer has given them the GTI mats that came from the factory and not the mats the customer though they were getting! So be specific :)

m3103
26-03-2011, 10:28 PM
I didn't even so much as mention mats in negotiating for my 103 TDi and it came with the matts that have Golf embossed on them which i Understand are an option/dealer fitted accessory. No extra was charged for it either.
Could it be that it comes as part of the sports pack?

Corey_R
27-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Does the sport pack list it? Nope.

You just had a nice dealer.
There is no mystery to this guys. Floor mats is listed in the specifications. Carpet mats are an accessory for all but the GTI, GTD and R. Rubber floor mats are an accessory for all of them.

triode12
27-03-2011, 07:02 AM
VW Rubber mats FTW. Easy to clean and cover more area in the foot well. And don't look bad too.

Ohmang
27-03-2011, 10:01 AM
VW Rubber mats FTW. Easy to clean and cover more area in the foot well. And don't look bad too.

Yeh - they do look pretty good. May have to have a chat with the dealer. Especially because they ordered a 5 door instead of a 3 door and I pointed it out when I asked for a NADCON screenshot a month after ordering. That must be worth something...

And to top it off, in order to keep the delivery date, the only one they could get was one with bluetooth - at an additional cost to me.

Big_Dave
28-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Ohmang,
dont feel too bad about the Bluetooth.
my original order, which I subsequently canceled to get a quicker car, didnt have bluetooth, but the new car did.
I thought as i use a Blueant speaker in the car, which I have been happy with, that it was $500 I didnt need to spend.
Originally I had chosen MDI for music connectivity. But new car has 'tooth instead of MDI.

But I gotta say I loves the Bluetooth. It is awesome. AND I can still stream my music through it also.

So, very happy with the Bluetooth.

Lucas_R
22-05-2011, 09:32 PM
My Golf R is only about 6 weeks old and has just clocked up over 1,000kms - and i have noticed that the flimsy and cardboard-ish floor mats are ALREADY showing signs of wear, in the area where your heel rests while driving.

Has anyone else with a Mk6 noticed this? I compared my mats to my friends Mk5 GTI and my sisters TT-S, and the mats in their cars are of a significantly higher quality in terms of the carpet used.

The mats in my Golf just seems like $10 Supercheap jobbies (in fact, i have a set of $10 Supercheap mats in our daily Corolla and they are in better condition than the Golf's).

Does anyone know of a place that makes a good quality OEM style floor mat? I think im going to need to get myself some better mats.

Corey_R
22-05-2011, 10:35 PM
There are lots of places around the internet that make custom floor mats of varying quality and materials. You can often pick the pile style and thickness, colour, edging, logs, etc.

Custom Car Mats (http://www.customcarmats.com.au/golf-2009-current-p-133000061.html?osCsid=528e429a7326850e8c33dfdd61f4 8e1a) is a local place I found with a 30 second google search. They're on ebay too.

DDTW
23-05-2011, 01:03 AM
I got a Barloworld umbrella and VicRoads european plate holders.

Best price for rubber mats: Car Mats | Rubber Mats | New Car Mats | Car Mats 4U (http://www.carmats4u.com.au)

walbjj
23-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Got weathershields and rubber cargo mat thrown in

aussieaviator
24-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks.

GTI jacket

1stVeeDub
21-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I have a 2011MY 118TSI. I'm after some advice on how others keep their golf's carpets and matts looking clean. It seems that everytime I put my feet on them they leave everything that was on the soles of my shoes. I've vacuumed the carpet & mats on the weekend and only used the car twice but they are quickly starting to show everything that I have walked on!

jozeff
21-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I have a 2011MY 118TSI. I'm after some advice on how others keep their golf's carpets and matts looking clean. It seems that everytime I put my feet on them they leave everything that was on the soles of my shoes. I've vacuumed the carpet & mats on the weekend and only used the car twice but they are quickly starting to show everything that I have walked on!

Being totally honest with you mate, it all depends on QUALITY of the mats. I am a car detailing fanatic..... practically vacuum my car every single week and of all the cars i've owned, the cheapo ****ty mats that i've had in the past are absolutely crap. No matter how much you vacuum them they will always trap dust and then look worn out after about a year.

Now i have good quality ones in the 1 series and they always look new after a vacuum. They just dont seem to trap dirt as much. Kinda like a good short pile carpet compared to a ****ty nylon one.

Ryan_R
21-02-2012, 10:30 PM
My Golf mats aren't too hard to keep clean (not an anal standard of cleanliness though). Some have got those easy to clean rubber mats but they might not be what you want.

21-02-2012, 11:40 PM
I have the same problem! At the moment I'm looking at the oem vw monster mats. They are made of rubber with a honeycomb grid which will trap all sorts of stuff. They are not as nice looking as carpet mats but a great alternative. The cheapest I've seen them can be found on amazon for around the $100 mark. This includes all 4 mats.

AdamD
22-02-2012, 08:47 AM
I use small aftermarket mats in the front that sit on top of the standard (on GTI and R) Golf mats. I just pick them up and give them a brush off with my hand every few days, and the stock mats remain clean and unmarked. I certainly prefer that as I have a tendency to mark mats with my heel due to the orientation of my foot on the accelerator.

dasrattles
22-02-2012, 11:02 AM
as much as i love the golf carpet floor mats, keeping them clean is close to impossible, especially if you use the car often. i tried washing them once and they turned stiff and hard (i probably destroyed them). gave up and bought a set of 3M floor mats. way easier to clean, though they are rubber and smell like ass the first couple of days.

gonsped
22-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I triple coated my carpets with Scotchguard from Woolies. Never had a problem with even wet dirty feet (not muddy), always comes out looking new after vacuum.

Ideo
22-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I thought the purpose of floor mats was to keep the carpets clean and by default get dirty.

Do we all sit on plastic covers on our sofas as well?

SilvrFoxX
22-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I thought the purpose of floor mats was to keep the carpets clean and by default get dirty.

Do we all sit on plastic covers on our sofas as well?Think of it more like wax on clearcoat.. anyway I am with you

walbjj
22-02-2012, 08:40 PM
yep, the mats are a consumerable. they r supposed to get dirty and worn while protecting the carpet underneath. run them until they have a hole and buy a new set.

Foos
22-02-2012, 08:49 PM
I have the same problem! At the moment I'm looking at the oem vw monster mats. They are made of rubber with a honeycomb grid which will trap all sorts of stuff. They are not as nice looking as carpet mats but a great alternative. The cheapest I've seen them can be found on amazon for around the $100 mark. This includes all 4 mats.

Do they make the monster mats in RHD?

1stVeeDub
24-02-2012, 09:24 PM
I use small aftermarket mats in the front that sit on top of the standard (on GTI and R) Golf mats. I just pick them up and give them a brush off with my hand every few days, and the stock mats remain clean and unmarked. I certainly prefer that as I have a tendency to mark mats with my heel due to the orientation of my foot on the accelerator.

This sounds like the go especially with some after market matts that dasrattles mentions. Thanks for your help and advice

25-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Do they make the monster mats in RHD?

Have to double check =S

barrenjoey owl
25-02-2012, 06:51 PM
These might be suitable...... http://www.matscar.co.uk/vw-car-mats.html

ATLEE
30-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Got a pair of custom mats from Matcraft for the GTI so does anyone local (Perth) want a free pair of black carpet mats? Barely done 250km so they're as good as new!

millo
02-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Hey.

I'll take 'em if you're happy to post to Melbourne. I'll cover postage of course..

Bakez77
06-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Just bought my new gti, 2010 Mk6 5 door

Just wanting to know where I can get some GTI Floor mats with red stitching and gti logos?

I'm in PERTH but don't mind buying online if I have to

Hillbilly
06-07-2015, 10:20 PM
I bought some quite nice Polo mats from a place in Perth. Maybe a Google will find them online that I remember

Bakez77
07-07-2015, 12:36 AM
Cant find much.... emailed a couple of places including a VW dealer and Protectomat to see what they know....

brimway
07-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Car Mats - Mats for All Car Makes and Models of Vehicles | Matcraft (http://www.matcraft.com.au/)

Hillbilly
07-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Car Mats - Mats for All Car Makes and Models of Vehicles | Matcraft (http://www.matcraft.com.au/)
Thats them Just looked up my Ebay acct

Bakez77
07-07-2015, 09:10 AM
just emailed them to see if they have what I'm looking for

CrusadeR
08-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Interested to know how you go as I'm looking to replace my oem rubber 'GOLF' floor mats.

Hillbilly
08-07-2015, 09:45 AM
The ones I bought for the Polo are as good quality if not better than the VW factory mats that came with the Passat

Car Mats - Mats for All Car Makes and Models of Vehicles | Matcraft (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14363127819558&key=6b85f23da221d5c8d47e9c6917e8959c&libId=ibtzj9ek01000dsl000DA55hhfdbw&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vwwatercooled.com.au%2Fforums %2Ff112%2Ffloor-mats-mk6-34550-16.html&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matcraft.com.au%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vwwatercooled.com.au%2Fforums %2Ff112%2Ffloor-mats-mk6-34550-17.html&title=Floor%20Mats%20for%20the%20Mk6%20-%20Page%2016&txt=Car%20Mats%20-%20Mats%20for%20All%20Car%20Makes%20and%20Models%2 0of%20Vehicles%20%7C%20Matcraft)

Lucas_R
08-07-2015, 08:40 PM

Just wanting to know where I can get some GTI Floor mats with red stitching and gti logos?

Matcraft made these for me: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/showpost.php?p=1038924

They were approx $130 but they look great and are much better quality than the VW ones.

VR28LT
12-07-2015, 02:18 PM

Call any VW spares and they will be able to source you a set but beware they will charge you around $170 for a set