PDA

View Full Version : where can i get some exhaust gaskets for my mk2?

killakornkobb
31-01-2007, 06:39 AM
hey guys
i got some new pipes for my golf, as a mate owns an exhaust shop. but he is unable to find extractors for the Mk 2 his books only show every other model golf.

the car runs like a slug compared to the 8v's he's driven in the UK.

the stock exhaust manifold setup is bloody terrible and is leaking quite badly so i need some exhaust gaskets so he can get some plates laser cut and build my extractors off there. anyone help me out? do i just order them from VW?

cheers!

Damo

Golf Loon
31-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Mk3 Extractors for a 1995 2E engine will fit your car if he has the pattern for them.

The car is Auto, so slug behavior is normal :)

syncro
31-01-2007, 12:05 PM
do i just order them from VW?

Yes:idea:

ausgolfer
31-01-2007, 01:50 PM
This is my personal opinion:
Don't put an exhaust on an auto car.....they sound so lame when you take off and it's nice and loud, then you get the drone as they change gears.....and when you kick it back and the torque converter holds the revs for a second.....oh the pain....

If you want to go faster, get a manual, it'd be more efficient too. And then if you change the exhaust it won't sound like an hyandai...

Again only my opinion.

syncro
31-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Again only my opinion.

Not only yours:)

killakornkobb
31-01-2007, 04:15 PM
i agree with you all..

auto = the devil

bit its a run around so i can spend money on my beetle. exhaust was done because old one was rusted out - extractors only to remove the hoakie setup thats in there. the car is also going on a set of 14" steelies.

being an auto suits me driving to work at 6:30 am, and then home again in peak hour. rest of the time the beetle cops a flogging :)

ausgolfer
31-01-2007, 06:19 PM
In that case I'd just get the gaskets from a VW dealer.