PDA

View Full Version : XR8 PWNED by Polo GTI!

SidGTi
30-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I thought this was interesting.....

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67212889

shaneth
30-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Well least he is man enough to own up to it. even though id say there is no chance in the world i would beat a BA XR8.

SidGTi
30-01-2007, 06:22 PM
A win is a win though! An XR8 has more power than the GTI but all that counts for nothing if he doesnt get a good start in a traffic light GP! Kudos to the GTI driver for getting his launch right. ;)

GoLfMan
30-01-2007, 06:55 PM
an APR'd Polo would have a good chance of floggin an BA XR8?!

SidGTi
30-01-2007, 09:15 PM
If a short race yes, the Polo would get ahead quickly. If its a lengthy race say on a track, eventually the Boss V8 would reel in the GTI. But yeah flashed Polo's would surprise alot of cars out there. :cool:

Eddy
30-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Hoyhoy.
Actually the XR8 has to have some work done to it, to even keep up with a flash Polo. Thats in the 1/4.

shaneth
30-01-2007, 09:59 PM
motor mag quotes xr8 as running a 13.9???? They do there own testing. And wheels quote it as 14.3 so who knows who to believe. :(

Eddy
31-01-2007, 09:00 AM
motor mag quotes xr8 as running a 13.9???? They do there own testing. And wheels quote it as 14.3 so who knows who to believe. :(
Hoyhoy.
Well I was reading 1/4 mile figures from of a couple blokes on the ford forum via a link from here just recently, xr8 times were the same as mine [flashed] after they done a bit to them.

saba
31-01-2007, 10:53 AM
i had a "run" with a vp gts a while back....it was a rolling start and we were neck and neck. If it wasnt a rolling start i think chopped him off take off...

You could tell he was pissed off about it too...

shaneth
31-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Hoyhoy.
Well I was reading 1/4 mile figures from of a couple blokes on the ford forum via a link from here just recently, xr8 times were the same as mine [flashed] after they done a bit to them.

Eddy
Yeah i just had a read. Funny how the are only pulling mid 14's. Pretty scary hey.

SidGTi
31-01-2007, 06:14 PM
They only pull 14's coz they are quite heavy. Takes them a while to get moving.

shaneth
31-01-2007, 06:33 PM
No motor mag definitely got a 13.9 in one. Its just most peolpe arent getting there full potential. I have driven one and well yeah it was fantastic.

Eddy
31-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Eddy
Yeah i just had a read. Funny how the are only pulling mid 14's. Pretty scary hey.
Hoyhoy.
It just made me feel more goodera with my little girl.

shaneth
31-01-2007, 08:57 PM
:D i bet. I cant wait to get mine chipped.

Eddy
31-01-2007, 09:04 PM
:D i bet. I cant wait to get mine chipped.
Hoyhoy.
I switched the little girl back to standard mode a few weeks ago, it only lasted 10 mins. There is no comparison.
P.S. Its a BALL.

SidGTi
31-01-2007, 09:13 PM
The Polo doesnt look very menacing does it? Thats why the dude in the XR8 probably thought he could blow it away with no problems. Does look like a bit of a sleeper!

shaneth
31-01-2007, 09:18 PM
The Polo doesnt look very menacing does it?
Thats what i love about it.

Eddy
31-01-2007, 09:24 PM
The Polo doesnt look very menacing does it? Thats why the dude in the XR8 probably thought he could blow it away with no problems. Does look like a bit of a sleeper!
Hoyhoy.
Thats what I reckon. My last car for a few years was a 1200cc. barina, had extra noise with no go. Anyway, one day this copper pulled along side on the freeway, laughed at me & took off.
Waiting for him pull along side again.

shaneth
01-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Had a run witha turbo r32 skyline today up till 60km/h :D (im not usually one for a Traffic Light GP but i couldnt help myself this time.). He said it had Mines ECU in it. I took off normally and he cained it so i put it in 2nd and kept up with him no worries. Next set of lights he put hiis window down and said "boy that go's alright. I was going to Buy a golf gti." I said its a polo gi mate. and yes they do go alright" :D :D.

SidGTi
01-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Nice! Yours is stock too isnt it? Hasnt even been flashed yet!

Eddy
01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I thought this was interesting.....

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67212889
Hoyhoy.
Only just read some of the postings to this link, some crazy stuff & the bastards swear like buggery.

SidGTi
01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
LOL! Yes there have been some more entertaining additions to that thread. I like to keep going back to read more about it. j:

gpk_gti
01-02-2007, 10:11 PM
:) I love the falcodore racers!! they always get the most cut when you rip them!!hehe.
When I had my vr6 years ago ,there was this guy that spent nearly 100k(on what I dont know) on his wrx.He begged me to race him and I refused as I said I didnt want to embarass him.he wasnt happy! untill I found him at the lights one day,I didnt pull along side,just sat behind.He pounced and I followed,he couldnt pull away from me,all the way to 4th gear(I wont say how fast,u guess;) ) needless to say next time I saw him he wanted to have a fight!!haha,I think he now drives a VW!!

Bug_racer
02-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Im kinda thinking the glory days for the V8s are over . Does anyone have any sales figures of Ford XR8 vs XR6 turbo ?
I find racing against a modded Xr6 turbo more appealing . And still with only 1 significant loss to a 600+hp Porsche 930 the old S3 is doing ok :) .

static1800
02-02-2007, 08:47 AM
I got taken by a VL wagen the other night, it was wet though, i couldnt even keep traction through third going up this slight rise off the lights. I want a rematch when its dry :)

Eddy
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
I got taken by a VL wagen the other night, it was wet though, i couldnt even keep traction through third going up this slight rise off the lights. I want a rematch when its dry :)
Hoyhoy.
Thats what you call tough luck.

SidGTi
05-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Im kinda thinking the glory days for the V8s are over . Does anyone have any sales figures of Ford XR8 vs XR6 turbo ?

Not sure about the sales figures but there seem to be alot more XR6 Turbos on the roads than XR8's...at least thats what I noticed on Sydney roads anyways.

I agree though the glory days of V8's are certainly over. There are alot of smaller cars out there that will hand these bigger aussie 8's their a55 on a plate at the traffic lights. Alot of car manufacturers these days are going forced induction with their performance hatches. Obviously the Polo GTI, Golf GTI, Mazda 3 MPS, Astra SRI Turbo, Ford XR5 just to name a few...any of these are easily quick off the mark. :)

Kai
05-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Not sure about the sales figures but there seem to be alot more XR6 Turbos on the roads than XR8's...at least thats what I noticed on Sydney roads anyways.

I agree though the glory days of V8's are certainly over. There are alot of smaller cars out there that will hand these bigger aussie 8's their a55 on a plate at the traffic lights. Alot of car manufacturers these days are going forced induction with their performance hatches. Obviously the Polo GTI, Golf GTI, Mazda 3 MPS, Astra SRI Turbo, Ford XR5 just to name a few...any of these are easily quick off the mark. :)

XR6 Chipped > XR8 Chipped

SidGTi
05-02-2007, 09:35 PM
It's alot easier to extract power from a forced induction car rather than a big block NA.

Rocket GTI
12-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Hello everyone, this my first thread on this forums. I own a POLO GTI 2006 APR'ed, any way I had a go with a silver XR8 Auto BA/BF he beat me of the line,as I used a normal takeoff by 110km/h my brother said that I had at least 2 car lenght'es on him, he then gave me the thumbs up later when he went past . I have also beaten two different VX 350 chev comomodore's by a simlar or even larger amount. Just to mention a few

Oneofthegreats
12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
It's alot easier to extract power from a forced induction car rather than a big block NA.

Off topic & I'd agree with you on some levels of this & I'm not defending them either but,

I'll have to disagree on this one to a degree sorry. Have you seen what a cam & head package will do to a LS1 chev along with LS1 Edit. Guaranteed mid to high 11 sec quarter's in a 3500+Ibs car. That's also with a very mild tune. only a 220 degree @ .050" lift cam. They are that tunable it's not funny.

It's really six of one & half a dozen of the other, as you can spend the same amount on an XR6T & make 300+RWKW's & can do the same thing.

You just never know what's out there.

For example, If you spent $7-8k on your car for a turbo, sofware & exhaust upgrade, I could build you a reliable 500hp/450+ft.Ibs small block for the same amount. It will use much more fuel thoughj:

Feel free to delete this if needed.

shaneth
13-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Welcome rocket to the forum, sounds like you have been having fun in the polo. Keep up the good work. Enjoy your stay here.

SidGTi
13-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I'll have to disagree on this one to a degree sorry.

Agree or disagree however much you like. No need to apologise. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's one of the beauties of internet forums. :)

But doesn't the f6 Typhoon (4.0 straight 6 turbo) make 550nm of torque and the Boss V8 only make 520nm? (just as an example I'm sure it doesnt apply to all things NA and turbo of course)