PDA

View Full Version : New Vic Dealer - Good news

Skoda Convert
14-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi Guys, I have just seen that the Mentone Motor Group have been given the Skoda franchise that Barloworld gave up in Ferntree Gully.

This is a really positive move in getting the product into a geographically better position and away from share holder foreign owned companies into family owned Australian groups like Bayfords, or is it?. I have also seen some posts in here that have been really negative towards Ferntree Gully anyway so maybe a more dedicated approach from a family run business might bring a better experience for all of us??!!

What are Richmond and Preston like? I will be going back for a second purchase and want to jump into the new RS, i purchased my first RS in NSW and they were great to deal with. I would like to enjoy the experience again, can you guys recommend someone? Either way i will see how the guys at Mentone are and let you know..........................

woofy
14-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Richmond gave me a good deal, but aftersales seems a bit hit and miss, they tend to forget things. Haven't had my car serviced yet, but it is due soon, and not sure if I'll take it there as they seem to want to charge the same price as the eqiv Audi, I don't think that should ever be the case, but I get the impression they make it up as they go.

aarondc
14-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Kicked tyres at Richmond, seemd nice enough. Found Preston woeful, and will be filling in the customer satisfaction survey to that extent. Come to think of it, not sure why I didn't try to get Richmond to counter Preston's deal. Too many other things going on.

I have a 2009 Wagon TDI and believe the cars would sell themselves if the salespeople would just get out of the way.

Tensixty6
14-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I drove past the Mentone Motor Group site yesterday. Absolutely no mention of Skoda at all on the building. Couldn't see any cars. I appreciate however it might take a little while for them to set themselves up in a new dealership, particularly when you're sharing the premises with other vehicle makes.

Skoda Convert
14-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I drove past the Mentone Motor Group site yesterday. Absolutely no mention of Skoda at all on the building. Couldn't see any cars. I appreciate however it might take a little while for them to set themselves up in a new dealership, particularly when you're sharing the premises with other vehicle makes.

I haven't seen the dealer in the flesh i just noticed there details on the main Skoda Australia website, i live in the area and was grateful that i didn't have to pack a lunch to get the product i want. Fingers crossed though they might put it at the site next to Bunnings. They own it but were leasing it out to a VW dealership for a while now there are some mercedes vans being stored there so it would make more sense to have an operational dealership like Skoda there rather than using it for storage.

Skoda Convert
14-09-2009, 08:55 PM
I have a 2009 Wagon TDI and believe the cars would sell themselves if the salespeople would just get out of the way.[/QUOTE]

You are probably right to an extent but at the end of the day we need assistance when buying such a large purchase and the whole experience tends to hinge on who you deal with. If you think of everything you have brought it tends to be based on price but also who you like and how they treated you. You can be looking at an awesome product but if the person servicing you gets you off side the whole experience turns sour and poisons what should be a good experience.

I guess the first experience was just enjoyable with Skoda and i would like to repeat it where possible. But after reading this thread i will avoid Preston by the sounds of it

Tensixty6
14-09-2009, 08:58 PM
If you go by the Skoda Australia website, it should be at 205 Nepean Highway, Mentone which is just past the Lower Dandenong Road turnoff. The same dealership sells Renault, Saab and Hummer.

wombatoutofhell
15-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Actually my experience with Preston was good when buying my car-I had an issue or 2 with servicing though and will let them know when I get around to filling out the satisfaction form.

aarondc
15-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Actually my experience with Preston was good when buying my car-I had an issue or 2 with servicing though and will let them know when I get around to filling out the satisfaction form.
Would be interested to hear what you found appealing in your experience with Preston. I have only bought 3 cars in my entire life, so I have limited comparable experiences.

What makes a good dealership experience?

K1W1
17-09-2009, 07:23 PM
When I went to the Skoda drive day in Qld in early August there was was guy there from Mentone. He seemed very keen to do deals even to he point of appearing to step on the toes of some of the other dealers there.

gregozedobe
18-09-2009, 01:01 AM
What makes a good dealership experience?

A happy/satisfied customer with no unresolved issues ? ;)

Skoda Convert
18-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I think your bang on!! Nothing overly complicated just a nice smooth transaction. I love the interaction side of things with the dealer but if i am left feeling that i am being spoken to in a way that is solely designed to get a sale i fell the experience is going south.

If the consultant shows a genuine interest in me and the purchase and makes the whole thing easy and enjoyable then i am all smiles. As for the Sales manager i couldn't give a flog about unless things turn to ****e then he can have his 2 cents worth!!