PDA

View Full Version : F1 washup

Arctra
14-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Don't kow how many of you watched the race to completion last night, but I'm glad I did. Seeing Hamilton crash on the last lap was the last thing I expected, and it was quite silly of him to be pushing that hard IMO. I was chuffed it let Kimi through for a podium finish though. Pity he's out of the running for the championship as even if he wins the remaining 4 races with button not getting any points, he will have the same points as Jenson but 1 less win, so Jenson would get it anyway.

So it looks like it's Rubens vs Jenson for this years title. I'm backing Rubens for it, if for no other reason than to shut the UK bias commentators up. Rubens has also done the hard yards and deserves some reward for all his years of consistent performance in the sport.

And then, of course, there's the Piquet Singapore crash scandal! Judge for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-qAzNDTPo
One thing is for certain... his career is gaaaaaawn! If Renault are found guilty of this (which even if they did instruct him I think it's going to be difficult to prove) what can be done about it? *shrug*

gtimk5
14-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Hamilton certainly did get put down a peg, I was struggling to stay awake (as I do with any F1 race!!) and was about to switch off the tv at 2 laps to go.
Major stuff up for Hamilton and I am sure that will be vin his mind for a long time. He didnt really have a chance of passing Button anyway.

FJ Steve
14-09-2009, 10:02 AM
But...once a race driver, always a race driver. If Hamilton thought he had a 1% chance to make up that position...then why not? His faster lap time may have put pressure on Button. We don't know what the outcome might have been, but it was worth a try. LH doesn't have a postion to protect as far as the driver's championship is concerned, so why shouldn't he go all out? He may be under contractual pressure at the moment.

And the Driver's Championship is awarded on performance for the current season....not because "he's such a great driver, who had years of misfortune, bad luck etc...he deserves it. " So...can't agree with you on that one either.

The link you showed...provides no support to the claim re Piquet's performance at Singapore, or the claim that he was asked to crash. A better vid clip would be the one showing Briatore handing Piquet Jnr a fist full of dollars, moments before the start of the 2008 GP. Good luck finding that one.:cool:

And what can be done? As Patrick head has suggested...Ban Renault for life. The integrity of ALL motor sport (not just F1) will be tested with this case.

WABIT
14-09-2009, 10:18 AM
u know what, im glad i watched all the race, i was spewing hamilton was first and 8 seconds infront by 10 laps into it! but formula one has a wonderful way of making the race so great to watch!

dom

revhead1016
14-09-2009, 11:00 AM
it was fantastic to see him crash. i hope Fisi improve in the next race.

sir_camel
14-09-2009, 03:19 PM
u know what, im glad i watched all the race, i was spewing hamilton was first and 8 seconds infront by 10 laps into it! but formula one has a wonderful way of making the race so great to watch!

dom

Sarcastic voice on...I can't wait until 2010 when they ban mid race refueling. All the joy of strategy and different stops etc will be gone. Plus where will people overtake?

WABIT
14-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Sarcastic voice on...I can't wait until 2010 when they ban mid race refueling. All the joy of strategy and different stops etc will be gone. Plus where will people overtake?

YAY ME TOO! :pat: looks like the real race would be saturday qualifying for 2010...:brutal:

dom