PDA

View Full Version : Motorkhana Corp event

goodfella
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM
One of our suppliers hosted a corporate Motorkhana event at the Eastern Creek skidpan today. My boss mentioned it yesterday afternoon, so with a last minute phone call I secured my spot. The day was organised and run by Safe Drive Training (www.sdt.com.au) and I was very impressed by their professionalism. They broke us into 2 groups and we alternated through the different courses.

The Bora held up strong, with some surprising results, even beating a Legacy GT with STI driveline (I owe it all to the recent suspension tweaks!) Overall, I scored a 2nd place (against other invited guests) which gained me a spin in their drift-setup 200sx (Awesome fun!!) One other highlight was a slalom duel between the new M3 and a HSV W427. The HSV looked about as graceful as the QE2 as it wallowed through the courses, whilst the M3 stormed through with almost no bodyroll!

Anyone thinking of entering a skid pan event or motorkhana, then don't hold back, road cars are more than capable and it's heaps of cheap safe fun!!

sir_camel
11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Yea i am really keen to give it a go sometime. Hopefully less wheel damage potential.

mikepologti
13-09-2009, 03:37 AM
ditto , i recon itd be alot of fun. maybe once i get my "fun stuff" installed ill be a lil bit less hesitant to put her on the track.