PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Australia customer relations

Tensixty6
09-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Has anyone had the need to contact Skoda Australia customer relations?

I've tried contacting them more than once through their "enquiries" email facility. No replies. Not impressed.

I had both the Superb Elegance and the Octavia RS wagon on my short list of potential replacement vehicles for my Golf GTI. Not on the list anymore. That sort of indifference puts me right off.

woofy
09-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I found Skoda in the CZ really good, answer within a day....but never anything from Skoda OZ...which is in reality VW Australia. I once had a call from a guy there after I bought the car as I sent a physical letter in. He was "astounded" I had never had an email answered and gave me his person number. It happened many many times after that, but I had lost his number. I never got any kind of welcome pack at any stage either.....Mazda get onto that and call you within days.

I think its fair to say, there is no Skoda customer relations...you'd think between them and the dealers they would be trying really hard to set the brand up.

phaeton
09-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Try Skoda Australia on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/SkodaAustralia there is always a response.

I have a funny feeling its the Managing Director Matt Wiesner :D

brad
09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I've sent them a couple of emails via the "Contact Us" link on the website. No reply.

I've also rung them with technical questions which they are incapable of answering. If they do try and answer, they have no first hand knowledge of what they are reciting back to you & therefore cannot explain what they are talking about in different ways to help you understand. (ie: I can explain the technical aspects of my work on levels ranging from numpty to knowlegable user because I know the technicalities of my field - they do not).

I've also rung them to complain about dealership issues & service costs. While they attempted to resolve the issue, ultimately they didn't have the support of their Management & could do bugger-all.

On the plus side, their phone manner is very nice. Possibly they'd be better suited on the end of a pay horoscope phone line.

K1W1
09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Skoda Australia marketing person

Linda Streeter

Linda dot Streeter at skoda.com.au

If she is not interested in returning emails or solving issues with unanswered emails than I guess there is no hope.

brad
09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Only about 6 weeks back, Audi advertised for a Customer Relations person with a technical bent (there was more to it than CR). I ticked all the boxes but when I asked them about remuneration it was $30k below my current wage with a potential for another 15% in bonuses. The only perk was an Audi to drive for only $275 a month & it was changed every 6 months.

In some ways I regret not applying but $20k-$30k drop in wages is a bit hard to come to terms with.

aarondc
09-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Having just bought a TDI Octavia, I am loving the car, but finding some aspects of the dealership experience lacking. Is there a dealership venting thread? ;-)

Jake02
10-09-2009, 08:02 PM

I've tried contacting them more than once through their "enquiries" email facility. No replies. Not impressed.

I had both the Superb Elegance and the Octavia RS wagon on my short list of potential replacement vehicles for my Golf GTI. Not on the list anymore. That sort of indifference puts me right off.

Why exactly do you need to contact them so badly? The fact that you can't contact a company and now their cars are off the list makes me sick. Skoda Aus is VW Aus - meaning you get exactly the same response, from exactly the same people. You already have a VW so what exactly is the problem?

woofy
10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I still got the RS last year but as a new customer to VAG, the lack of response almost put me off. I had to hunt and ask Skoda CZ in the end, as even the dealers didn't know a lot about the cars....

gregozedobe
10-09-2009, 11:55 PM
I find the Briskoda (UK) forum has a lot of useful info, and it isn't wrapped up with marketing-biased flim-flam :)

I'm not sure that VWA or Skoda Oz have the right people answering inquiries from the public. Maybe you could try asking questions of the dealers that post on here on this forum, they will be at least willing to try to help you.

I would assess any car on the merits of the actual car, not according to the response I get to emails from some low-level CR/PR flunkey. Lots of organisations don't recognise how important it is to answer emails correctly, and they lose sales because of it.

Tensixty6
11-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Why exactly do you need to contact them so badly? The fact that you can't contact a company and now their cars are off the list makes me sick. Skoda Aus is VW Aus - meaning you get exactly the same response, from exactly the same people. You already have a VW so what exactly is the problem?

Firstly, I've never had any problem communicating with VW Australia. I've emailed Head Office a couple of times since 2006 and guess what, they actually replied.

I checked the Skoda Australia website to locate the nearest dealer. Took a trip out to Ferntree Gully Skoda to have a look at the cars only to find they're not there any more. So, that was a waste of time. I emailed Skoda OZ to find out if the dealer had moved or whether a new dealer had taken their place. Consequently got no reply, which is bad business.

There is so much more to buying a car than just the car itself. You have pre-sales and more importantly, after sales service.

It would seem I'm not the only one who's dissatisfied with certain aspects of Skoda Australia customer relations. As far as I'm concerned, if they're not sufficiently interested to reply to what was a very simply inquiry, I have no interest in buying a car from them. That's my choice. I'm sorry if that attitude makes you feel unwell. Take a Valium and lighten up. :P

brad
11-09-2009, 08:57 AM

Jake
Are you the actual Skoda owner or do you own it by proxy?
Are you the curly haired, grinning lad on the Skoda YouTube site?

I'm not putting crap on you & am happy that you are a passionate Skoda enthusiast but ownership perspectives change depending on the level of financial involvement. eg: I do not give a toss about any aspect of the ownership experience of our Outlander because it is my SWMBOs company car.

paul_segr
11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I sent an email to Skoda in July trying to confirm the specs/changes to the new RS prior to ordering. It took a little while (about 2 weeks) to get a reply due to a problem with emails from the enquiries email address being routed to a real person. However, they did apologise for this.

When I had a follow up question I got a reply within an hour, but this question was sent a specific persons email account not the general enquiries.

K1W1
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Firstly, Took a trip out to Ferntree Gully Skoda to have a look at the cars only to find they're not there any more.

They took the signs down about a week ago.
I do not think Barlow World were ever committed to Skoda there it was located in the old used car office with no showroom. I doubt that in the 12 months they were there they actually sold any cars.

Tensixty6
11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeh, just bad timing on my part. The Skoda Australia website has been updated during the week to show a new dealership, Mentone Skoda, in Nepean Highway. It's part of the Mentone Motor Group who sell Saab, Renault and Hummer. Quite a mix.

K1W1
11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Saab and Hummer are sold through the same dealerships by GM.

Tensixty6
11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
It's hard to keep track these days.

GM have sold Saab to the Swedish Sports Car firm, Koenigsegg.
GM have sold Hummer to a Chinese Company...Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co.

woofy
11-09-2009, 05:26 PM
They took the signs down about a week ago.
I do not think Barlow World were ever committed to Skoda there it was located in the old used car office with no showroom. I doubt that in the 12 months they were there they actually sold any cars.

They were the first place I went to, big bunch of useless Holden used car bogans.....three sales people came over and when they went to get the brochures, none of them returned. Eventually the "Skoda" guy came over...and he knew nothing whatsoever about the RS apart from "it goes"

Friends of mine that live out there went to see the RS after I got mine, they couldn't show it to them, nor let them drive it for a few weeks as the accountants daughter had it....I was told much the same thing when I first came...that it would have to be prior arranged a few weeks (in my case it was sitting right there). I later saw said P plater daughter trawling outside JB Hifi in Knox, trying to impress her friends with the car. Nice to see they understand that P platers aren't allowed to drive turbo cars, and more importantly clearly someone there thinks its more important their daughter has a demo car instead of actually selling any.

Tensixty6
11-09-2009, 05:35 PM
They were the first place I went to, big bunch of useless Holden used car bogans.....three sales people came over and when they went to get the brochures, none of them returned. Eventually the "Skoda" guy came over...and he knew nothing whatsoever about the RS apart from "it goes"

Friends of mine that live out there went to see the RS after I got mine, they couldn't show it to them, nor let them drive it for a few weeks as the accountants daughter had it....I was told much the same thing when I first came...that it would have to be prior arranged a few weeks (in my case it was sitting right there). I later saw said P plater daughter trawling outside JB Hifi in Knox, trying to impress her friends with the car. Nice to see they understand that P platers aren't allowed to drive turbo cars, and more importantly clearly someone there thinks its more important their daughter has a demo car instead of actually selling any.

You see, that highlights the point l made earlier. It wouldn't matter how good the car was, there's no way l could put up with dealing with that sort of nonsense. No wonder they closed down.

Jake02
11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Firstly, I've never had any problem communicating with VW Australia. I've emailed Head Office a couple of times since 2006 and guess what, they actually replied.

I checked the Skoda Australia website to locate the nearest dealer. Took a trip out to Ferntree Gully Skoda to have a look at the cars only to find they're not there any more. So, that was a waste of time. I emailed Skoda OZ to find out if the dealer had moved or whether a new dealer had taken their place. Consequently got no reply, which is bad business.

There is so much more to buying a car than just the car itself. You have pre-sales and more importantly, after sales service.

It would seem I'm not the only one who's dissatisfied with certain aspects of Skoda Australia customer relations. As far as I'm concerned, if they're not sufficiently interested to reply to what was a very simply inquiry, I have no interest in buying a car from them. That's my choice. I'm sorry if that attitude makes you feel unwell. Take a Valium and lighten up. :P

Hmmmm rightio then. Sorry if my 'attitude' offends you! Go buy the new GTI - suits you better.

Brad - yep thats me :D I may not drive it everyday (but I have 'legally') but I do ride it and, as my dad said, I did say to look at one. So, yep, I do know alot about them, and alot about cars in general. My brother is a mechanic, so I know alot about engine bits and generally what cars are reliable etc (eg don't go near Peugeots) so you can't say I don't have a backed-up opinion. Look, I understand, but what I don't understand is that someone would be turned off by a company who may not reply to an e-mail, and yet their business would be improved by their interest.

But I designed a 2012 Octavia (I'm also somewhat arty as well as car-y) as well as a list for improvement for Skoda Aus, proposed Fabia/Yeti specs for Aus and a Roomster spec shuffle (as it is one of the best vehicles available and I reckon should sell in many more numbers). The lack of Customer-Statisfaction will go on the list, anyone have any others?

K1W1
11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
My brother is a mechanic, so I know alot about engine bits and generally what cars are reliable etc (eg don't go near Peugeots) so you can't say I don't have a backed-up opinion.

I'm sorry but that is not a backed up opinion that is third part bias.
My brother is a fitter and turner who is worth squillions who retired in his early forties but that does not mean I know anything about fitting and turning or how to make money.
I'm involved in sales, have been for over 30 years and no matter what I sell there are always people who have "friends" who are "experts". I have found through long first hand experience when people rely on advice from "friends" (or relations) who are "experts" they invariably make the wrong decision.

dazag
12-09-2009, 03:15 AM
Why do people rely on e-mails so much these days - pick up the phone and call them, it's a more direct way to get the answers you need.

When researching the new facelift Skoda RS, I was dealing direct with 2 seperate dealerships both in person and over the phone, I had them contacting Skoda Aust to get the info I needed as I wasn't going to purchase a car with out certain information. The only time I e-mailed is if I needed something in writing for future purposes.
I did my own research both through forums and other websites and was fairly well informed when talking with the car salesman, so I had an idea of who was spinning bull**** and who was on the money.

Perosnally I have had no need to go direct to Skoda Aust, and I wouldn't expect them to answer me via e-mail that quick anyway, that's what dealerships are for.

As far as after sales service with dealerships, well I guess I'll see how that pans out now that I have picked up my FL Skoda RS this week.

As far as the car goes, I thinks it's brilliant, and hopefully it should never have to go back to the dealership unless for servicing, and even then I will be sitting down with the service manager to discuss what i expect from them.

brad
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Brad - yep thats me :D I may not drive it everyday (but I have 'legally') but I do ride it and, as my dad said, I did say to look at one. So, yep, I do know alot about them, and alot about cars in general. My brother is a mechanic, so I know alot about engine bits and generally what cars are reliable etc (eg don't go near Peugeots) so you can't say I don't have a backed-up opinion. Look, I understand, but what I don't understand is that someone would be turned off by a company who may not reply to an e-mail, and yet their business would be improved by their interest.

But I designed a 2012 Octavia (I'm also somewhat arty as well as car-y) as well as a list for improvement for Skoda Aus, proposed Fabia/Yeti specs for Aus and a Roomster spec shuffle (as it is one of the best vehicles available and I reckon should sell in many more numbers). The lack of Customer-Statisfaction will go on the list, anyone have any others?

Jake
I do not discount your knowledge or enthusiasm in the slightest. I have several mates that are < half my age that I go to for info & advice on various subjects (mobile phones, etc) quite often. But often, if you haven't sunk your hard-earned into something then you don't have complete emotional attachment to it & things like after sales service or communication aren't as important.

edit: re emailing. Had to make a complaint to Officeworks during the week via the "ContactUs" part of their website. My issues was attended to & resolved within 4 hours & included a reply email & a phone call. That is how an internet "Contact Us" should be handled. If you aren't going to support your systems then don't have them - just stick with flames around the Home Page.

indulis
12-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Why do people rely on e-mails so much these days - pick up the phone and call them, it's a more direct way to get the answers you need.

I talked to Skoda directly and they were helpful, though their advice that "all VW dealerships can service a Skoda" was not entirely correct- VW dealerships can *potentially* service Skodas if you consider being able to do all service functions (code keys, interrogate and interpret ECU etc), but not all VW delaerships can actually do this- the service that all VW dealerships can do is more like what Automasters can do (with a bit of additional VAGCOM stuff). Anyway, I also had long delays with e-mail, though eventually got a reply (weeks!).

aarondc
12-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Amazing. Same experience at Preston Skoda. Asked to test drive an RS wagon and was told they would try and get it in but a salesman had it. Turned up on the day and apparently the salesman had taken it on holidays for the weekend, and it would not be available for test driving... :-/

Mind you, there was at least one other model (Ambience) Skoda out the back he could have taken - you know, $10k and 35kW less powerful....

Crazy attitude if you ask me.

aarondc
12-09-2009, 07:34 PM

What is the point of having an email address on a website if you're not going to respond to it.

Having dealt with more sales people in the past 2 months than you could shake an oily dipstick at, getting emails to clarify what has been said / agreed to is paramount - people can tell you anything on the phone and you have no recourse if they later say something different.

TuNeS
14-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I agree completely with the email comment earlier. Everyone relies on email too much. It is a secondary form of communication. Pick up the phone if you require something urgently.

As far as dealerships go, I found they didn't have a high knowledge of the cars either, however I knew exactly what I was shopping for and it came down to price. Also, I was looking at a Mazda 6 first and they weren't any better when it came to knowledge. They are salesman.....

After service is something I care about though. So far in any discussions I have had with the 3 dealers in SE QLD, they have all gotten back to me and have been helpful. This is a good sign. When it comes to servicing, I will find out more when its due at 15000km. Although this potentially is a problem with any make of car so I don't see how this is Skoda specific. Some of the stories I have heard through the industry and from friends who are customers are woeful. Make sure you and the dealer set expectations with what has to be done and any unscheduled work is authorised by you so there are no nasty surprises.

woofy
14-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Email is not an instant form, but there is a reasonable expectation that it should be answered within 24hrs by any company. As it's a written form, its also traceable and trackable and usually comes under more severe penalty...its easier to trace unanswered emails than when someone has scribbled a note down.

I would certainly not say its a secondary form, almost on par, as you can also send on things such as price lists (whichs is what I have asked for in the past).

TeamSkoda
17-09-2009, 05:17 PM

Škoda has always taken customer service seriously, so it’s disappointing to read comments that aren’t positive. But in this instance we have to hold our hands up and apologise because we stuffed up. We’ve had some third party technical issues with the back-end of our website which resulted in the communication flow from enquiries@skoda.com.au to ourselves being halted. The problem has now been fixed, however, and we’ve taken additional steps to regularly test and monitor this system to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We’re also working hard to clear the backlog of enquiries. So thank you for your patience, and again, our sincere apologies. Team Škoda.

Tensixty6
17-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Fair enough. Thank you for your straightforward and honest response.

woofy
17-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Good to know. I wondered when the website changed whether something was up.

brad
17-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, if targeted & honest responses like that are to be the norm then :banana:

K1W1
17-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Well, if targeted & honest responses like that are to be the norm then :banana:

I agree. It's a breath of fresh air to see a manufacturer actually respond on an enthusiast forum. Generally manufacturers do not even acknowledge that the Internet even exists let alone take the time to communicate directly with their customers.
I hope that these are the first of many informative posts from Skoda.

Transporter
18-09-2009, 07:12 AM
I agree. It's a breath of fresh air to see a manufacturer actually respond on an enthusiast forum. Generally manufacturers do not even acknowledge that the Internet even exists let alone take the time to communicate directly with their customers.
I hope that these are the first of many informative posts from Skoda.

Actually, dealer only not the manufacturer.

K1W1
18-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Actually, dealer only not the manufacturer.

It looked to me as if the user TeamSkoda was representing themselves as Skoda Australia rather than a dealer. Am I incorrect?

Transporter
18-09-2009, 09:00 AM
It looked to me as if the user TeamSkoda was representing themselves as Skoda Australia rather than a dealer. Am I incorrect?
You're right, it looks like Skoda Australia. :eek:

brad
18-09-2009, 11:32 AM

TeamSkoda = Skoda Australia IMO.

Wonder if they have any techo/eng/customer service jobs going?

Skoda Convert
18-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Škoda has always taken customer service seriously, so it’s disappointing to read comments that aren’t positive. But in this instance we have to hold our hands up and apologise because we stuffed up. We’ve had some third party technical issues with the back-end of our website which resulted in the communication flow from enquiries@skoda.com.au to ourselves being halted. The problem has now been fixed, however, and we’ve taken additional steps to regularly test and monitor this system to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We’re also working hard to clear the backlog of enquiries. So thank you for your patience, and again, our sincere apologies. Team Škoda.

Well guys this seems to be an open invitation to get issue's dealt with. If this is the real deal then i for one am appreciative that someone from HQ (apparently) is taking this forum seriously and taking an interest in what we as CONSUMERS have to say.

We should all bang through our complaints and see the response

space-godzilla
19-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree completely with the email comment earlier. Everyone relies on email too much. It is a secondary form of communication. Pick up the phone if you require something urgently.

With my responsibilities during regular business hours and the wonderful modern "open plan" office, I don't have the time or inclination to call up X number of dealers for quotes on a new car. I'd rather get most of my preliminary questions answered by e-mail. And if salespeople think that an e-mail enquiry has little or no chance becoming a real sale, I think it's only because they don't treat it seriously.

Regarding Skoda's e-mail system, I did write to them about 3 weeks ago to complain that the Gold Coast, Nambour, Southern Classic, Solitaire, Bellbowrie, and Penrith dealers did not reply at all to my e-mails. So it was ironic that Skoda didn't respond to that e-mail. Just FYI, Brisbane Prestige, Steve Jarvin, Paul Wakeling, and Northshore replied the very next day.

Having said all that, Skoda's disappointing customer service so far didn't scare me away because I just bought a 2008 RS demo from Lennock in Canberra.

Bayford Skoda
29-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Skoda Australia marketing person

Linda Streeter

Linda dot Streeter at skoda.com.au

If she is not interested in returning emails or solving issues with unanswered emails than I guess there is no hope.

Linda Streeter has nothing to do with Skoda Marketing...

If you have any questions speak to your selling dealer

Skoda Convert
29-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Judging by your blunt posting we would probably be better off talking to Linda or whoever.

The reason why we found a need to go to HQ Skoda is because most of the dealers know 10/5ths of nothing and force us in that direction. I'm not casting any dispersions on you but that seems to be the general consensus in here.

And remember in the future, the people here can have an impact on your business it is a niche brand and if you singe them they will be more inclined to return the favour with word of mouth. "Its never what you say, it's how you say it"!!

Bayford Skoda
01-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Judging by your blunt posting we would probably be better off talking to Linda or whoever.

The reason why we found a need to go to HQ Skoda is because most of the dealers know 10/5ths of nothing and force us in that direction. I'm not casting any dispersions on you but that seems to be the general consensus in here.

And remember in the future, the people here can have an impact on your business it is a niche brand and if you singe them they will be more inclined to return the favour with word of mouth. "Its never what you say, it's how you say it"!!

No one is being blunt, I was just suggesting if you have any questions its best to speak with your local dealer. If you find that they cant assist you then speak to Skoda head office.

nyc863
03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't know anything about skoda australia, if their top management are cut from the same cloth as the UK crew they are probably doing their best to create a decent dealer network. So far, however, I am surprised how sad the dealer network in Sydney appears to be! I've only been to two of them, but I think there are only three total in the metro area, and one of those is so far away it hardly qualifies as metro!! in both cases, they looked like they'd been thrown together in the back court of a falcadore dealership ..

Often cited is the UK survey placing skoda top in customer satisfaction but a large part of that survey is the dealer network there.

As for the issue of email and the internet I agree, why can't they get with the program? it is such a huge hassle to be forced onto the phone for every initial query by dealers. It seems to be an industry problem not really related to Skoda. Carsales.com.au has dragged them kicking and screaming into some kind of facsimile of an efficient marketplace but all the prices are padded and the next step is back to whispering and "give me something I can take to my manager", and all the old games.

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Again without sounding overly biased the dealership network and the sales consultant should be able to answer any questions (within reason) you have otherwise they are NOT fulfilling the role they are paid too.

The dealership is there to fulfill many roles but the main function is to be your direct link to the national HQ of the manufacturer. If we are not fulfilling this basic function then we shouldn't be representing the Skoda brand.

Rest assure it is in our best interest to get you the info you need relating to the service or sale of the vehicle otherwise we just look amateur and diminish our ability to sell you the product you want to own

Swallowtail
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
No one is being blunt, I was just suggesting if you have any questions its best to speak with your local dealer. If you find that they cant assist you then speak to Skoda head office.

Responding as per the manner you have posted (and being blunt, yes you were blunt):

No, you are wrong.

It is a customer's prerogative (be they existing or potential) to contact a business any way they choose. Especially when that contact is invited through a website such as the Skoda .com.au site - targeted at the public. Equally they may choose to speak to a dealer. Whichever way they choose, they should be able to have an expectation that the enquiry is handled in a professional, courteous and informative manner. Why should a customer have to escalate to Head Office or have a non-response from anyone? What kind of business model is that?? If a customer contacts head office and the best way to answer their query is via a local dealer, then Head Office should refer that (and follow up) as such. Should a local dealer be unable to answer a query, then THEY should refer to Head Office.

The general thrust of this thread is that a) many dealers seem to be uninterested in answering genuine enquiries and b) enquiries to head office have gone unanswered. Hopefully the latter was a technical issue that is now resolved.

The number of threads on this site with people complaining about sales staff and dealers not being interested in talking to them astounds me - are Holden and Ford dealers the same?

K1W1
03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I think the two dealers who are fighting for our attention have both displayed their inability to read and understand.
This thread is not about whether a dealer can or can not answer questions.
This thread is about the "Contact us" link on the Skoda Australia web site that was as Skoda themselves agreed not functioning and not being correctly answered. If Skoda do not want people to contact them directly they should remove the "contact us" link on their web site and instead put links pointing directly to dealers.

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
04-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I think the two dealers who are fighting for our attention have both displayed their inability to read and understand.
This thread is not about whether a dealer can or can not answer questions.
This thread is about the "Contact us" link on the Skoda Australia web site that was as Skoda themselves agreed not functioning and not being correctly answered. If Skoda do not want people to contact them directly they should remove the "contact us" link on their web site and instead put links pointing directly to dealers.

Hi KIWI, i'm sorry you feel that this was nothing but opportunistic marketing on our behalf rather than a genuine attempt at introducing ourselves and making a bid to offer a better experience than has been received at a dealer level to date.

I was well aware that the thread was based on and was structured around the inability to get an adequate response out of HQ but i did also read some pretty frustrated posts at a dealer level (refer page 3 of this thread for example).

I apologize if this offended you or you are not comfortable with dealers being on the forum.

Transporter
04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
I was well aware that the thread was based on and was structured around the inability to get an adequate response out of HQ but i did also read some pretty frustrated posts at a dealer level (refer page 3 of this thread for example).

I apologize if this offended you or you are not comfortable with dealers being on the forum.

Better tell us what corrective actions did you take to improve car owners experience at the dealerships. Since here on this forum is nothing to fix and it doesn't matter what you say, only matters what you do and how car owners get treated at the dealer.

Regards,
Miro

dazag
04-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Wow, some heated posts guys.

I take it all with a grain of salt, I know the skoda brand has only been imported into the country over the past few years, and i expect their to be some initial teething problems, both at HQ and especially the dealerships.

All the people that have complaints I'm sure are geniune, but really flaming all dealerships for the sake of a couple of bad eggs is unfair. Skoda Oz have explained their problems with their website, and the couple of dealerships that are in here trying to find out the source of our aggrevations is a step in the right direction. I think it's great they are on the forums, as they can help explain any future problems we may have generally.

I'm not completely happy with the information I got out of Skoda prior to ordering my Octavia vRS, as they couldn't tell me 100% of everything fitted standard, or what the optional extra's offered would be ( I ordered back in April), but I had a couple of dealerships chasing up as much info as possible and the one who came through with enough info to satisfy me got my order.

But I'm really happy with the car, I dont expect to have any drama's with it, and if i do I'm sure the dealerships will assist me with a desired outcome.

Lets chill a little and be thankful our gripes have been heard and Skoda Oz & some of the dealerships are starting to take notice.

Graybags
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Welcome Mentone Skoda, I appreciate that you have made the effort to get involved with the forum. There is always going to be unhappy customers in any market and it is not fair of them to tar all under the brand with the same brush. Perhaps some have higher expectations than others, who knows but I have had no problems with the dealers I have spoken to about knowledge of their cars, In fact they were very enthusiastic about them but then I made the effort to go in and talk to them or do my own research, but thats me. If anyone would not buy a new car on the basis of not having their emails returned probably isn't that serious anyway. my2c
-gt

Transporter
04-10-2009, 01:14 PM
As someone else said:

You don't buy (pay for) only the car but service and technical help with it as well. That's what you paid for when you bought a new car.

If the communication before you buy the car is not good, what kind of back up, service, information do you think you get after you hand over your hard earned money? ;)

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
04-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Better tell us what corrective actions did you take to improve car owners experience at the dealerships. Since here on this forum is nothing to fix and it doesn't matter what you say, only matters what you do and how car owners get treated at the dealer.

Regards,
Miro

Hi Miro, I am not claiming that we are the magic 'silver bullet' that the brand needs. We would like to think we could raise the experience of dealing with the dealer network but its you guys and the people we encounter on the showroom floor are the best to make that assessment.

All i was offering is my intent to ensure that anyone considering dealing with us at a dealer level doesn't walk away regretting the experience. As for what we say Vs what we do i couldn't agree more with you, unfortunately unlike our counterparts we haven't had the grace of time as we are only opening the doors tomorrow. I believe that the intent is 50% of the equation the rest is what we put into practice, so as i said only time will tell.

It's nice to see that there are people out there that will keep us on our toes :P

wombatoutofhell
04-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I was very happy with the service and knowledge I got from Bayford when I bought my car. The dealer was very patient with me while I was having trouble with finance-they actually held the car for 2 months for me with only a $500 deposit. The sales rep I bought off moved on between the sale and when I picked it up, but I found his successor equally helpful. Bayford invited me over to test drive the Superb after Melbourne Motor show as they were after feedback-something I really enjoyed. My only complaint was although both reps promised they'd find the factory cargo nets for me, neither did. A minor problem though.
Not quite as happy with the service-I have yet to fill out the feedback form so I haven't really given them a chance to rectify my issues. I must get to that. I'll probably keep going there though as it's a condition of the extra 12 months on the warranty that was included with the car.

Transporter
04-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll probably keep going there though as it's a condition of the extra 12 months on the warranty that was included with the car.

It is not! Factory warranty is warranty from manufacturer and they can't tell you that you have to go to them for servicing for 36 + 12 months. You have to go to that dealer only after 3 years factory warranty is over, to get extra 12 months warranty from them (might be different to VW factory warranty). But you can, it is your choice. ACCC states that clearly. :)

wombatoutofhell
04-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Hadn't thought of it that way! As it happens, Bayford is very inconvenient, but I was happy to go there. My issues weren't huge but at the cost of the service and tyre rotation there should be none. One of the issues was a wheel bolt that fell out. That to me shows a lack of care when checking things-it makes you wonder what else they've missed? The other 19 wheel bolts on the car were tight-I checked after the first one fell out.

Spook
05-10-2009, 11:46 AM
It is not! Factory warranty is warranty from manufacturer and they can't tell you that you have to go to them for servicing for 36 + 12 months. You have to go to that dealer only after 3 years factory warranty is over, to get extra 12 months warranty from them (might be different to VW factory warranty). But you can, it is your choice. ACCC states that clearly. :)

Not so sure about that. If the extra 12 months warranty is provided by the dealer, they can set the terms of that warranty. Chances are that it does depend on you servicing the car with them for the 3 years to qualify for the extra 12 months, and is probably non-transferable as well. But the fine print on the doc should clarify the conditions.

Transporter
05-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Not so sure about that. If the extra 12 months warranty is provided by the dealer, they can set the terms of that warranty. Chances are that it does depend on you servicing the car with them for the 3 years to qualify for the extra 12 months, and is probably non-transferable as well. But the fine print on the doc should clarify the conditions.

3 years factory warranty is from VW Germany not your dealer and they can't take it away from you. Go to ACCC website for more details. For these extra 12 months you have to go to them for servicing, if they say so.

Regards,
Miro

Graybags
05-10-2009, 06:06 PM
3 years factory warranty is from VW Germany not your dealer and they can't take it away from you. Go to AAAC website for more details. For these extra 12 months you have to go to them for servicing, if they say so.

Regards,
Miro

Whats AAAC?

gregozedobe
05-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I agree that a dealer can't take away your initial 3 years of warranty (the VWA one). BUT they can set conditions for the extra (4th year) of warranty, and if one of those conditions is that ALL servicing (for all 4 years) has to be done at their dealership then it may be that if you want that extra year you will have to comply.

That is why it is very important to read and understand ALL the fine print in any contract you sign.

TuNeS
05-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Whats AAAC?

I think the person meant ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission)

BTW: I picked up my FL RS Wagon today from Prestige in Brisbane and was very happy with the service. I did have a gripe with how they mounted the number plates, but apart from that it was good and I would recommend them highly.

Spook
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I agree that a dealer can't take away your initial 3 years of warranty (the VWA one). BUT they can set conditions for the extra (4th year) of warranty, and if one of those conditions is that ALL servicing (for all 4 years) has to be done at their dealership then it may be that if you want that extra year you will have to comply.

That is why it is very important to read and understand ALL the fine print in any contract you sign.

Yep, that's what I meant Transporter. My current car comes with 6 years warranty - 3 factory and 3 from the dealer. The extra 3 years from the dealer is conditional that I service the car with them for the first 3 years. Because it is "free" and from the dealer, they get to set the conditions.

Graybags
05-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh yeah, should have guessed. Is the extra warranty something you negotiate at purchase?
-gt

woofy
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
If I had a real niggle when I bought my Skoda it was that extra factory warranty still doesn't exist. I got an extra year free with my Mazda and it was only around 3-400 anyway for it. A lot of cars are now extending to 5 yrs factory, but VW seem to charge $1000s for the same thing if at all. Would really love to see a reasonable price and option of this, not the weird 3rd party thing some dealers offer. Also means prices of used cars stays higher which can only help.

Transporter
05-10-2009, 08:39 PM
I think the person meant ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission)

BTW: I picked up my FL RS Wagon today from Prestige in Brisbane and was very happy with the service. I did have a gripe with how they mounted the number plates, but apart from that it was good and I would recommend them highly.

Yes, that's what I thought, thanks for correcting me.

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/142

Transporter
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Yep, that's what I meant Transporter. My current car comes with 6 years warranty - 3 factory and 3 from the dealer. The extra 3 years from the dealer is conditional that I service the car with them for the first 3 years. Because it is "free" and from the dealer, they get to set the conditions.

In that case I would make sure that in these additional 3 years I'm covered bumper to bumper. Otherwise it could be useless.

woofy
05-10-2009, 09:10 PM
A lot of the dealer only ones cover only part of what the manufacturers one's cover. In lots of cases not much at all.

davidh
07-10-2009, 09:13 PM
The DVG dealer in WA has been helpful. They are new to Skoda, their opening coinciding with the July launch of showroom Superbs.
My dealings with Skoda HQ, mainly through email attempts, have been either lacking response altogether, or telling me what they think I want to hear rather than the truth.
Case in point: when I ordered my Superb in the beginning of July, the dealer advised a couple of days later that the order looked like being delivered late October/early November. I asked Skoda why they weren't better prepared at launch time (they launched when Czech production stopped and all focus was in sponsoring Tour de France). They chastised the dealer, telling them to promise me 12 weeks (first week of October).
Guess what! The car is on the Glorious Leader, due in Fremantle on 17th Oct, so I will get it exactly when the dealer first told me. What's more, Skoda originally told the dealer it was on the Toreador, which docked on 27th Sept, but that was somebody else's car.
I like to hear good news, but not when it has no credible backing. Nice to have an honest and realistic dealer though. Good job DVG.