PDA

View Full Version : New HSVs = Pontiac+AUDI+FPV+Plastic+Tackiness

dubbed
09-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Pictures speak a thousand words: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/41902/2010-hsv-e-series-2-range-launched/

Makes me cringe in every way possible..

Manaz
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't mind the Grange, but the rest look like arse.

Swallowtail
09-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Just think I could have got a Clubsport R8 for what I paid for the R36... :rolleyes:

:brutal:

:dark:

WABIT
09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
its a shame they made the series2's soo ugly, the the VE HSV range are very very impressive! apart from the overweight accomidating race/bucket seats LOL they are an insane car to drive :bowdown:

dom

Tim
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
oh dear those are nasty to look at! I actually dont mind the look of the outgoing model.. This seems to be a real step backwards. Hopefully they werent styled for the american market? they are being dumped from the US arent they?

Id happily flog the crap out of one though :D

maca
09-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Just think I could have got a Clubsport R8 for what I paid for the R36... :rolleyes:

:brutal:

:dark:
You could've.. But that doesn't mean it's right :P

HATE the LED DRLs.. They look too aftermarket ever since Audi started..

seangti
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM
HSV were on a good thing with the series 1 range, why go down this path of styling disasters. It'll just encourage more one handed driving, door huggin, boulevard focused dip-5h1ts.

And now to tell you what I really think.. :P

Mrk_Mickey
09-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Ewwwyyy....dear god no!

dubbed
09-09-2009, 01:30 PM
oh dear those are nasty to look at! I actually dont mind the look of the outgoing model.. This seems to be a real step backwards. Hopefully they werent styled for the american market? they are being dumped from the US arent they?

Id happily flog the crap out of one though :D

Nope they're not pitched at the American market. They're trying to get rid of the Pontiac parts as they won't be in production/for sale to the Yanks anymore - hence the ugly front grille and bonnet on these HSVs and the special edition SS thing with Pontiac front treatment.

I also agree with the majority: the series one weren't a bad looking model (just not in red and excluding the hideous Maloo).

team_v
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Hahahaha, holy cow they look like arse.
Ford are going to cain them in sales now.

In other disgusting car news, i spotted a brand new liberty today, it looks like a piece of scrap metal compared to the previous model.

Glad VW is keeping it's standards up.

madglf3
09-09-2009, 02:55 PM
I really liked the first of the E series but these are a huge step backwards...those DRLs look horrible and mated with the bonnet disaster and ugly bumpers just make it look 'korean car' cheap.

team_v
09-09-2009, 03:22 PM
ugly bumpers just make it look 'korean car' cheap.

Agree, it looks like a cheap chinese knock off of an M3 front.

Spyda
09-09-2009, 04:29 PM
LOL @ Holden new range

Yevvy
09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
god thats disgusting. got a new tga magazine yesterday and it was in it. WOW an extra 8kw!!! buy an FPV i say :) or an xr6 turbo and save $20k

Greg Roles
09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
My vote is both Holden and Ford have lost it with their latest cars, these and the latest FPV's just look weird. What's with those tail lights, especially on the ute??

dylan8
09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
My vote is both Holden and Ford have lost it with their latest cars, these and the latest FPV's just look weird. What's with those tail lights, especially on the ute??

my through exactly on the tail lights! The first E series looks alright..

Treza360
09-09-2009, 05:42 PM
VT Clubsport for the win as styled by Ian Callum of Aston Martin and Jaguar fame. This was the pinnacle of design for HSV as far as my opinion goes. They've just been trying too hard ever since then.
Cheers,
Trent

Whubbsie
09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
holy crap thats terrible

Treza360
09-09-2009, 07:47 PM
My favourite is how it looks like they designed all the bodykit and everything and then realised that it's slightly too big for the car so they squished it slightly to fit.

Then after that they thought, "You know Audi's look good with their DRLs lets put some on the new model". Then, "Wait there's nowhere to put them that looks good. Oh well we'll just whack them here on the bumper." :duh:

Cheers,
Trent

RhysQ
09-09-2009, 07:59 PM
This needs to be moved to the Epic Fail thread...

AusScare
09-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Big fan of the current Maloo, but these bodykits are a bit weird really, not happy.

oracle1
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM
The standard of engineering in my GOLF MK1 outstrips any aussie car of the same era and has a lot of standard features like turning the headlights down to parkers when the engine stops that still doesn't come with newer generations, did I mention that the clock still keeps perfect time and the plastic injection return lines are still soft after thirty years! The ultimate combination for fuel efficiency FWD diesel is only now being copied by the asians. The HSV is a dinosaur, soon to be cast aside with the mentality of an America that uses 2 barrels of oil to do what takes Europe one.

Manaz
09-09-2009, 10:08 PM
The HSV is a dinosaur, soon to be cast aside with the mentality of an America that uses 2 barrels of oil to do what takes Europe one.

Please.

The Euros that make similar power/torque figures aren't exactly frugal on petrol either.

Sorry, I forgot:

:troll:

GoLfMan
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
man that really is a step backwards!

Im a big fan of the series one. But the series 2 = YUK

oracle1
09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
european industry as a whole including plastics manufacture etc etc does its business at double the efficiency that america does, sure every society has its rich crew who like to indulge but one only as to look and see that new passenger car sales are around 40 % diesel in Europe. I don't own any petrol cars, so why am I a troll? Is this the HSV fan club site? Last time I looked everyone was bagging HSV in this thread

Rocket36
09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Makes me sort of sad I got rid of the E-Series 1 HSV Clubsport R8 I had... In a weird sort of way.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/cspbiz/BW_IMG_0992.jpg

It was a sweet ride (for something not German). The R36 is a MUCH better overall package and keeps up with the E-Series HSVs around a track nicely.

This is the beginning of the end of HSV. They had a classy range of cars until today. Now they have riced up bogan mobiles made from the parts bin left overs thanks to the canning of the Pontiac G8 exports to the USA.

SOOOOOO glad I have the R36. Holden are claiming downhill cruise control assist is NEW, launch control is NEW, auto up on all 4 windows is NEW and still have yet to discover things like bi-xenon headlights, integrated antennas and shift paddles for autos.

mikepologti
10-09-2009, 01:17 AM
meh to me they dont look soooo bad, i certainly wouldnt buy one though. to big , to heavy and to thirsty.

gareth_oau
10-09-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm actually quite surprised. HSV have a history of clubsort new series always with an extra exacty 10KW. this time theyve not touched the engine (i suppose that costs them a bit of money).

I agree it looks very blingy and crass and I think the rear end of the clubsport is even worse than the series 1.

I also note that Clubsport/GTS spoilers is the same as you can buy on Holden's base model Omega. You think for all that extra cash they could whip up something a little bit different for HSV

Mrk_Mickey
10-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Makes me sort of sad I got rid of the E-Series 1 HSV Clubsport R8 I had... In a weird sort of way.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

It was a sweet ride (for something not German). The R36 is a MUCH better overall package and keeps up with the E-Series HSVs around a track nicely.

This is the beginning of the end of HSV. They had a classy range of cars until today. Now they have riced up bogan mobiles made from the parts bin left overs thanks to the canning of the Pontiac G8 exports to the USA.

SOOOOOO glad I have the R36. Holden are claiming downhill cruise control assist is NEW, launch control is NEW, auto up on all 4 windows is NEW and still have yet to discover things like bi-xenon headlights, integrated antennas and shift paddles for autos.

I agree..it's unfortunate, because Holden's appeal is such an empty thing compared to that of a European car - despite being here in Australia where our stereotype says we should like them! That said...

I don't know what it is about those cars but they're just sexy. I'd rather own one of those over an R36 in terms of look any day of the week - even Tuesdays!

Buller_Scott
10-09-2009, 04:33 AM
hope they continue to do so.

those cars look nice for chapel street mario f46s.....

well, atleast we will see plenty of mid 80's ex-taxi commodores with the latest sweet 22 inch wheels ( i reckon holden have been churning out some gorgeous wheels recently)...

meh..... family cars are all good, but i still want the twin turbo .:R which spanks 100 in 3.8 secs...... family cars with spoilers and fluro colors dont look so good next to that thing.... (sorry to anyone who adores big 2.5 tonne family cars here....with spoilers... no offence.....)

mikepologti
13-09-2009, 04:08 AM
sore a "mum wagon" today with a spoiler on it, kinda made me laugh. (once again no offence) we see quite a few modified fpv's and hsv's up here on the coast , some of them dare i say have actually made me take back my previous post. they do look pretty good (the relativly new to older ones).......still not sure on these.

dylan8
13-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Passed a oncoming new HSV with the DRLs and a Audi with DRLs at the same time by chance today.
The HSV ones had that glare to them, that sucked your eyes in to them, and also looked super tacky in position and shape.
Where as the audi, well it was a audi! looked so right!
(and im not saying this just because im not a holden lover)

Rocket36
13-09-2009, 07:48 PM
It's only a matter of time before they're banned when the likes of HSV start turning out cars with crap that's just a distraction to other drivers.

The Audi ones are classy, integrated with the headlights and not a distraction. Too bad manufacturers start copying each other in the cheapest way possible!