PDA

View Full Version : RWC requirements

a11djr
08-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I have just imported a 1992 Golf Cabriolet into Vic from the UK and it has passed its compiance with not one single issue, or so I thought. However on taking it to a RWC testing station have been told it needs child restraints fitted, the rear lap belts which are standard need to be sash and it requires a 3rd brake light. :eek: Surely this should have been mentioned or picked up at the compliance stage?:mad: Or is this well known VW RWC tester being an a**e?
Any help welcomed

gregozedobe
08-09-2009, 11:07 PM
I haven't done any research on the official requirements, but my 1990 Oz built Ford Laser had laps sash belts for the outside rear seats (and maybe a lap only for the middle rear ? ), and it had a centre, high mounted brake light.

Given Mr Fords reluctance to spend money unnecessarily I suspect that means these items were required by the ADRs back in 1990, which probably means someone was a bit slack at the compliance checking, and the RWC checker is likely correct.

As I said, JMO, so it might pay you to get more accurate advice (free advice may not be that good a value proposition if it turns out to be wrong).

gtimk5
09-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Th Mk1 cabs sold in Australia only had inertia lap belts in the rear, he needs to look that one up!
Child restaints were fitted from memory and I think a bar going across the rear with them would be easy to do, the Mk3 Golfs had them fitted.
I am not sure what year the high level brake lights were required by law here, wouldnt have thought it was back in 1992 but someone could confirm this.
I think he was being a bit strict, but if the authorities pulled you over and found your car didnt comply then he would be the one in trouble...
Good luck!
Andrew

a11djr
09-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys

I will try and find out through Vic roads exactly what is required.

Any further input would be of great help.:bowdown:

Swallowtail
09-09-2009, 09:17 AM
High level brake light was required from 89 or 90 - I had a 88 vintage Telstar at one point that didn't have one, but I remember later model of the same type had them fitted...

a11djr
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Found out today, as it is a personal import it does not require a 3rd brake light and only needs to comply to a couple of ADR's:banana:

Golf Loon
14-09-2009, 12:12 AM
I think cabs just have a couple of anchor points for child seats on the bar across behind the rear seat.

AusScare
14-09-2009, 09:49 AM
If it were my car I'd want proper seatbelt supports in there anyway..

velly_16v_cab
14-09-2009, 12:45 PM
cant wait to see this baby :rolleyes:

sooty12321
25-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys

I will try and find out through Vic roads exactly what is required.

Any further input would be of great help.:bowdown:

even though its an older vehicle,its being registered here for the first time as a new vehicle,so its got to comply with what is required for new vehicles !!!
That's why those requirments !
get the rules / requirments for new vehicles !
have had that before,that's why i know all those.
Hang in there !!!