PDA

View Full Version : No News = Bad News?

mickofoz
07-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I ordered my Tigga in July, was told I'd have it by end of Sep, early Oct.
I have asked for the VIN number several times but my dealer has been unable to give me on so far. I once asked him if there was a delay upon which I was told I need to show more patience. As it stands, I am still to receive my Tigga as first promised. I wonder if he prefers not to give out VIN numbers and my car may well be here soon? :confused:
Otherwise, I guess I will soon get a phone call with a revised delivery date of January. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to say to my dealer if that was to happen. :mad:

team_v
07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
There was a thread in the Passat Section about this, might want to read through it:
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?p=383305#post383305

From memory, some dealers won't give out the VIN as they can keep your vehicle in stock and sell it to someone else, and then claim yours has been delayed.
Essentially, using you in the process.

I read that the dealer will get the VIN 2 weeks before the build date so don't stand for them telling you to be patient.
You payed over 30k to them for a service and you deserve to get what you paid for.

Transporter
07-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Why not to state in the contract that the contract is the subject of the supplied VIN within 2 weeks, if you can't get it at the time you signing the contract?

WannaTig
07-09-2009, 08:54 PM
From memory, some dealers won't give out the VIN as they can keep your vehicle in stock and sell it to someone else, and then claim yours has been delayed.

What the? Jerks! :brutal:

If you're supposed to get it within the next month it must already be on the boat, so the dealer will have the VIN. If he won't give it to you still, I'd suspect that there is no car on its way for you at all yet. You had a pretty short lead time offered though - 2.5 months or so? Was it one to your specs or just one that was on its way already?

When I picked mine up last month dealer told me he was now telling buyers 6 months 'just to be on the safe side' as lead times are blowing out again.

mickofoz
07-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Hmmmm, 6 months :(
I ordered one to my specs, hence the probable delay. I wish though, my dealer be more open with me and not tell me to be more patient.
I sent him an email about the new RNS510 firmware and whether I would get this along with voice control. Never had a reply.
Well... at the end of the day, all I can do is wait and not upset the dealer too much with my annoying emails and questions.

Transporter
07-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I ordered one to my specs, hence the probable delay. I wish though, my dealer be more open with me and not tell me to be more patient.
I sent him an email about the new RNS510 firmware and whether I would get this along with voice control. Never had a reply.
Well... at the end of the day, all I can do is wait and not upset the dealer too much with my annoying emails and questions.

In that case I would be also talking to dealer principal, before it's to late and your car delayed.

T&M
08-09-2009, 07:14 AM

Hi mickofoz,
Not sure which dealer you bought from, but we ordered our Tiguan to our specs and were told approx 4 months (give or take a month??) right from the start. We actually asked the dealer to lend us a car for the time - if that is how long it takes. I know it's not the dealer's personal fault on manufacturing delays, but at least they can communicate that back to VW. Anyway I was into them every few days until they caved-in and gave me the VIN so my wife could track it via her 'shipping access'. We have now been told that the shipping out to Australia is what is delaying it... well didn't my wife go nuts at that! Anyway let's now say they are very helpfull. A friend told us about another person who waited 12months (?) last year to get theirs - so long that the factory kept sending them postcards with updates on the progress.
Ours is due 27th SEP, when is yours in?