PDA

View Full Version : NSW CRASHED MK4 R32 midday at Macquarie Park!

Yevvy
05-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Today at around 2:30pm I just set off to work and saw a pretty big accident just around the corner. It was at a roundabout of waterloo and khartoum rd - a green mirage with a squashed front, a flipped van and a black mk4 R32 off the road on the grass in a tree. The front looked f***ed but the driver should've been okay. Was just wondering if anyone knows about it or if that was someone on the forum. Couldn't see the plates unfortunately. 199 Rs remaining :(

Cam
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh that sucks
:(

Hopefully everybody was ok.
I was in Wollongong today and there are so many crap drivers around, I nearly saw quite a few near misses. People pulling out into oncoming traffic, swerving, tailgating and in general just not paying attention.

Mrk_Mickey
05-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh no!! :cry:

I hope it's fixable...

balkanac
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
there are about 185-190 left on the road (im guessing). Its a shame to hear about these cars being written off. Insurance companies prefer to write them off then to fix them, parts are really expensive for them in Oz

gmx
05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Today at around 2:30pm I just set off to work and saw a pretty big accident just around the corner. It was at a roundabout of waterloo and khartoum rd - a green mirage with a squashed front, a flipped van and a black mk4 R32 off the road on the grass in a tree. The front looked f***ed but the driver should've been okay. Was just wondering if anyone knows about it or if that was someone on the forum. Couldn't see the plates unfortunately. 199 Rs remaining :(

that roundabout is really bad. Lost count how many times I've avoided accidents there.

Where abouts do you work Yevvy?

MattyT
05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Sad to hear it, another .:R gone :(

Yevvy
05-09-2009, 10:51 PM
that roundabout is really bad. Lost count how many times I've avoided accidents there.

Where abouts do you work Yevvy?

I work for a promoting company so I work here and there. I live just down the road from that roundabout. Yeah it is pretty bad indeed. there are two ways to approach it - very very slow, or just take advantage of the awd and 2nd gear :) i guess i know which one that R took...

chris.
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
a little piece inside me died when i read this :(

The_Hawk
09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
there are about 185-190 left on the road (im guessing). Its a shame to hear about these cars being written off. Insurance companies prefer to write them off then to fix them, parts are really expensive for them in Oz

I wouldn't have thought it was even that many... :( looks like my chances of one day buying a MkIV R32 are getting slimmer with the passing days.

neil
09-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Black one lives at Macquarie Gardens, I'll see if its there on the weekend.

Yevvy
29-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Just came across this on ozaudi, i think it's the same http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22444. Hmm...$900 for haldex controller ey