PDA

View Full Version : mk1 GLS 4door

16v_kid
05-09-2009, 05:45 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Volkswagen-Golf-GLS-Completely-Original_W0QQitemZ220475472157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZA U_Cars?hash=item33555cb91d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

looks like it been painted and the area around the pillers have been repaired before:brutal::brutal::brutal::brutal:

other then that, its in pretty good condition.

its on the border of NSW and VIC...

pretty far.

:brutal:

greasykitchen
05-09-2009, 05:57 PM
looks like it been painted and the area around the pillers have been repaired before

Not sure how you can tell that from the ad and the pics. Seems tidy though.

pretty far.

Not if you live in the Albury-Wodonga area :cool:

Seems to be a few ex-granny MK1s coming out of the woodwork lately. :banana:

16v_kid
05-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Not sure how you can tell that from the ad and the pics. Seems tidy though.

because i can see the double layer of paint were the windscreen wiper is.

and you can see that something doggy is happening under the windscreen rubber.

:brutal::brutal:

eg. bog cracking

greasykitchen
05-09-2009, 07:14 PM
because i can see the double layer of paint were the windscreen wiper is.

and you can see that something doggy is happening under the windscreen rubber.

eg. bog cracking

Ok, got ya on that one (my old beetle had something similar). I was looking for some shots of the pillars though.

Jarred
05-09-2009, 11:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Volkswagen-Golf-GLS-Completely-Original_W0QQitemZ220475472157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZA U_Cars?hash=item33555cb91d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

looks like it been painted and the area around the pillers have been repaired before:brutal::brutal::brutal::brutal:

other then that, its in pretty good condition.

pretty far.

:brutal:

I have to agree with you on the respray around the window. The peeling paint is a dead give away to poor prep work, or atleast, the poor prep in the fiddly area like that dip (see photo) By the looks of the rubber, the window might not have even been removed.

Mind you, a repair in this section isn't nessecarily a bad thing, as long as it was done properly. Infact, it's one less thing for the next owner to fix.

the rest of the car looks pretty tidy. int looks nice, as does most of the body work. Probably in perfect nick too, could be a great buy for someone, esp if it goes cheap!

my 2 c. :D

oh, and albury isn't that far either!

Spyda
06-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Its not so bad, if anything it would be worth more in parts. The chrome looks good around the rear window but i could be wrong and the bumpers are in good shape. Not worth the drive though!