PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on your CC

antman
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I have had my V6 CC for a week. It’s a great car.

Active Cruise Control was already fitted to it. After using it here’s my tip: don’t buy it. It has some serious flaws when driving on (what would normally be called) standard highway-type road conditions. Going up and down a hill, even when travelling straight, can cause it to have some interesting behaviour. Don’t even try to use it on a road with a concrete centre divider/barrier – it is simply dangerous. Now, how do I turn it off??

Man... who built the manual in that crappy folder system? What were they thinking. Just as well nobody seriously reads it.

I was told that only a VW sunroof can be fitted to a CC. Wrong. I just had a brilliant sunroof which fully opens fitted by Doyle’s at Artarmon in Sydney. Cheaper too.

Park Assist is a gimmick. It was already fitted too. Will I trust it? Hmmm, not sure yet.

Sat Nav. Glad my car didn't have it. $2500... you have got to be joking???

Lane Assist... I wish I had it. There’s a blind spot where it would come in handy. If only it was an option. After-market anyone?

Having previously had a 2007 Audi A4 - oh how I miss the 7-speed DSG. There’s just something about the 6-speed that feels and at times sounds too Commodore like (ouch).

And for my Christmas present - can I get the engine tuned and a better sound produced? I nearly bought the R36... but I just loved the CC ride (and for me, that was more important).

I would be interested in your CC experience.

Luminary
04-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the report esp on the acc which I most felt I was missing out on by going the R36. I test drove the CC in both engines and the R36.

I loved the petrol CC. I also liked it's ride. I hated it's sunroof designand really wanted the sunroof. I didn't like the diesel. Just seemed way too underpowered and the turbo lag was not something I could live with.

In the end I liked the 3.6 engine in the petrol CC but liked it more in the R36. The back seat was also better in the R36.

okisub
05-09-2009, 07:10 AM
I have to agree about the manual being the worst I've ever seen. Full of spelling mistakes(mike instead of mic -a very German mistake), referring to diagrams on other pages that don't exist and some sentences just don't make sense.

One part that gave me a laugh was in the audio section, there is a point note that states that you cannot use a card >4GB and then in the next it says you can use SDHC cards up to 32GB :confused: lol.

The folder itself likes to click open too when you're flicking through.

At least the car itself seems solidly built :)

Mr Spitfire
06-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey Antman,

Any chance you can post some pics of the sunroof?

Did you go a rolled edge type?

I cannot believe VW could not fit a proper sunroof same as Mercedes did with the CLS.

The one VW offer on the CC sucks IMO.

This was one of the reasons I ended up getting a R36.

Thanks,
Andrew...

Luminary
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
This was one of the reasons I ended up getting a R36.

Thanks,
Andrew...

Definitely a factor for me too.

Leagle
08-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Antman, thanks for your brief but very informative review. Am looking at the CC Passat as we speak (er post). Anyway, for me the options are agonising. Don't get me wrong, the price of the CC appears very reasonable but boy do those options add up. I am really glad you gave your honest thoughts about the adaptive cruise control because it is one of those gadgets that look very tech-savvy tempting on paper but one which I suspect is still gimmicky. Of course, it sounds like you weren't too happy with any of the options... let us know what you think of park assist when you dare to use it.

I must say, initially I thought that one of the best value options was the fantastic looking panoramic sunroof. On learning that it simply tilts and does not slide (i.e it is not actually a sunroof but a, er, panaromic roof), I was put off it somewhat. Of course, even the Audi A5/S5 only features a tilt only roof so I guess this must be a new trend lol.

Therefore would love to learn about the sunroof that you fitted. Can you tell us what model it is? Does it slide? How big is it compared to a standard sunroof? Does it cut headroom by much? Cost guide? Any photos?

BTW on the question of options, I don't mind the fact that the CC has 4 seats, but it would have been nice if one option was... gasp... an extra seat belt. I mean seriously, you could easily fit another bod over the centre console!

antman
17-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Sorry folks, I've been offline. I'll get some Pics of the sunroof and post them on the weekend.

Cost of the sunroof was $1,800 fitted.

BTW, when I said "Lane Assist" I actually meant to say "Blind Spot Assist".
(As much as I hate to say it, but Volvo seems to have a good Blind Spot Assist system).

Given my experience with ACC there's no way I would have Lane Assist.

Leagle
18-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your reply Antman. Looking forward to see what the sunroof looks like. I agree about the ride being fantastic in the CC though I did not drive the R36 to compare. I agree that a blind spot assist function (as opposed to lane assist) could prove useful. Shame the Adaptive CC does not work well. Maybe it takes time getting used to? BTW have you ever wish for 5 seats since you bought it?

antman
20-09-2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/09/picturephpalbumid19pictureid93-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/09/picturephpalbumid19pictureid92-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/09/picturephpalbumid19pictureid89-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/09/picturephpalbumid19pictureid90-1.jpg

antman
20-09-2009, 04:34 PM
BTW have you ever wish for 5 seats since you bought it?

Nope. I can only recall 1 occasion where I have used 5 seats in the last few years.

apom
20-09-2009, 07:27 PM
nice job on the sunroof (not that I am an expert however)

Leagle
24-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Nope. I can only recall 1 occasion where I have used 5 seats in the last few years.

Actually I recently sat in a friend's unrestored 1968 Falcon and was quickly reminded how - at one time - 6 seats rather than 5 seats were the norm. We adapted then so I guess 4 seats shouldn't be a problem.

The only complaint with the CC that I have though is that given there is room there for a middle passenger, the temptation might loom large at that odd once in a moon occasion to seat a passenger there.

BTW I have a V6 CC on order now Antman, skipped the panaromic roof and thank you for your photos of the sunroof. I reckon it looks great too. Ok, it might not look as trendy as the OEM roof, but at least it slides open to let some fresh air in! Doesn't look like it takes too much headroom either (does it?) I ticked just about every other option box too except the adaptive cruise.

Luminary
04-10-2009, 12:14 PM
I ticked just about every other option box too except the adaptive cruise.

You're going to enjoy that car; that's for sure :)

Leagle
06-10-2009, 12:44 PM
You're going to enjoy that car; that's for sure :)

Yep. Hope so! :cool: