PDA

View Full Version : Queensland Raceway Sprints (trackday) - 19th Sept

seangti
02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Queensland Raceway Sprints are coming up on Saturday 19th September if anyone else is keen in getting some tracking time.

I'll be running with a couple of mates, our cars are all basically factory so don't stress if yours isn't modded or prepped for track events, QR is (relatively speaking) light on the car, particularly on the sprint track, which is different to national circuit used for the V8s. More the merrier.

http://www.qldraceways.com.au/main.php?menu=qri02

:banana:

seangti
16-09-2009, 09:33 AM
bump :emo_baghead:

beeza
16-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi Sean

Will you be coming out to Lakeside again?
I'll definitely be running on October 18th.

Laz

seangti
17-09-2009, 09:20 AM
hi Laz,

yeah mate I might do lakeside again. whilst I'm reasonably comfortable on that track, the amount of cargnage was really quite disconcerting :eek: I'll see how I'm travelling for coin and confidence in october as to whether I'll do it. :)

Treza360
27-09-2009, 11:02 AM
How'd it go Sean?
Cheers,
Trent

seangti
27-09-2009, 05:22 PM
How'd it go Sean?
Cheers,
Trent

hi trent,

little silver did ok all things considering. QR did a shambles of a set up on the day, started an hour late so only the 3 sessions (which is all they commit too, usually get 4+session), and they also had a 10second difference in slowest car (me), to fastest car (evo's) in my session (which wasn't there fault).

My lap time was 1:08.6, minimal improvement over before as there was water and oil in the S's previously (so found .8 sec). I really think the H&R springs with standard inserts do it no favours whatsoever. It floats in and out of corners making it difficult to tuck the nose and hit the markers, really had to take it by the scruff of the neck. Going to get a rear sway bar and maybe a tune (and intake etc) before the next one to see how she go's. Will otherwise look at some koni inserts in the future. Don't foresee any further mods thereafter (maybe front mount..)

I'll slowly build it up for bang for buck. At least I now know where it's at for a stocko, could only potentially scrape .1-.2secs out of it as it is, by braking slightly later and carrying a whisker more speed through turn 1.

beeza
28-09-2009, 11:03 PM
hi trent,

little silver did ok all things considering. QR did a shambles of a set up on the day, started an hour late so only the 3 sessions (which is all they commit too, usually get 4+session), and they also had a 10second difference in slowest car (me), to fastest car (evo's) in my session (which wasn't there fault).

My lap time was 1:08.6, minimal improvement over before as there was water and oil in the S's previously (so found .8 sec). I really think the H&R springs with standard inserts do it no favours whatsoever. It floats in and out of corners making it difficult to tuck the nose and hit the markers, really had to take it by the scruff of the neck. Going to get a rear sway bar and maybe a tune (and intake etc) before the next one to see how she go's. Will otherwise look at some koni inserts in the future. Don't foresee any further mods thereafter (maybe front mount..)

I'll slowly build it up for bang for buck. At least I now know where it's at for a stocko, could only potentially scrape .1-.2secs out of it as it is, by braking slightly later and carrying a whisker more speed through turn 1.

Hi Sean

Thats really not bad times you're doing there, especially considering you're on street tyres.
I must admit that when i put some H&R springs over the stock shocks, i really thought that that combo was fantastic. It was an incredible upgrade on my Cupra. Soon after that i upgraded to coilovers, as i knew that i'd be hitting the track quite often. You should think about some coilovers instead of any power upgrades first, i know some will disagree but the numbers don't lie. I run a stock engine (cold air/cat-back) and do 64.1 in my Cupra around the SPRINT track although i know that i'd be even quicker than that now. Mind you i also run semi slicks (flogged out second hand ones), but still work better than any road tyre and sway bar mods.
The Sprint configuration is really only suited to powerful cars and really does no favours for low power well handling cars. The Clubman config on the other hand does reward a nice handling car.
I'll try to make to Lakeside on the 17th Oct. It's a saturday. Hope to see you there or any other forum member that wants to come along.

seangti
29-09-2009, 12:42 PM
cheers for your input Laz. Proof is in the pudding that a good set-up exceeds power. I've never been one to chase power (I drive a polo after all). I'll do more research as to where the funds will represent the best return. Coil overs may be too harsh for street, everyone that's had them has sworn not to do that again. A mate with bilstein and eibach on his focus said that it was sensational on the track, though as others have said with bilstein, it's very firm at low speeds.

I won't make the lakeside round either, as I've got a mates wedding that day. Will likely be at QR in november depending on how hot it is.

mikepologti
04-11-2009, 01:44 AM
whats the requirments for the sprints? helmet , fire extinguisher , street legal car , anything else?

seangti
04-11-2009, 04:19 PM
whats the requirments for the sprints? helmet , fire extinguisher , street legal car , anything else?

helmet, long pants and shirt, closed in shoes and a road worthy car. You can hire a helmet on the day for $5 with a $20 refundable deposit.

No fire extinguisher is required - though I believe they are for CAMS events.

There is a sprint this weekend at QR. Though as my car was hit/clipped my last saturday, I won't be participating. The hit was to the rear left wheel, ruined rim and potentially the rear hub - slightly noisier though drivable. :(

seangti
31-03-2010, 08:38 AM
ignoring the date of this thread, QR Sprints are next weekend (10/4) if anyone is keen to head out. I'm a maybe, just sorting out whether a mates going out or not.

More details on the QR site or Track attack (http://www.trackattack.com.au/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=113)

seangti
26-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Ignoring the date of this thread, next QR Sprints are 11th September. I'll be participating.