PDA

View Full Version : DVD while car is in motion

mickofoz
02-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I posted this in another thread also. Could someone with an RNS-510 please test this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HucwvWLX0GI

NZTiguan
02-09-2009, 01:06 PM
If I said what I wanted to here I'd get banned. I'll be as polite as I can. The system is designed not to allow DVDs to play while moving for a very good reason, the safety of everybody on the road, not just the person who's being distracted as they drive. Personally I don't care if you crash by yourself, I do care if you if you take somebody else with you. It's been proven over and over again that distractions such as this actually have a greater effect on your driving than being drunk !! Driving is not a part time job.

team_v
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
If I said what I wanted to here I'd get banned. I'll be as polite as I can. The system is designed not to allow DVDs to play while moving for a very good reason, the safety of everybody on the road, not just the person who's being distracted as they drive. Personally I don't care if you crash by yourself, I do care if you if you take somebody else with you. I's been proven over and over again that distractions such as this actually have a greater effect on your driving than being drunk !! Driving is not a part time job.

I agree completely.
No matter what people say, the DVD will always provide a distraction.
The safety of yourself and others is more important than a movie for the kids, who should be in teh rear seats anyway, so you shouldn't need a front view dvd playing while you drive.

Arctra
02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
(NB: I'm saying this as a regular forum user, not as a Mod)

Sorry guys, as valid as your opinions are, mickofoz was simply asking for confirmation on the validity of the claim being made by the YouTube video. For all you know, confirming this "glitch" may be an argument for him not to get an RNS-510 if he currently doesn't have one, or a reason not to upgrade to the latest firmware if he does currently have one.

Please stay on topic here. Thank you.

avalasia
02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Can anyone confirm if this actually works without babbling on about the safety of others.

mickofoz
02-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I appreciate the concerns of others. I completely agree with what was said about safety while driving. But I was merely asking if someone could try this on their RNS-510 to see if this video is actually true.

High-Fidelity
02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I appreciate the concerns of others. I completely agree with what was said about safety while driving. But I was merely asking if someone could try this on their RNS-510 to see if this video is actually true.

But they'll crash and die the second the DVD is playing whilst they're moving...:biggrin:

lemonlimetaing
03-09-2009, 12:24 PM
FYI - Nope DVD does not work, but I have a dodgy one anyway as it refuses to play mp3 from cd/dvd disc, still waiting on refund for this.

Yes I am the person whose car battery keeps on dying intermittently, still working after a week so touch wood the problem has gone now. cool:

mickofoz
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Hope your battery problem is fixed for good now. I am STIIIIILLLL waiting for a VIN number which I was promised last week.

Anyhow, you need the new Firmware for this function to work. I have now seen several people on the Internet able to drive their car while DVD is playing.

I have already notified my dealer about the new Firmware and told him to make sure it is installed on my new Tigga with the voice control option working. I have ordered factory bluetooth, so it should work.

Sanman
03-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I have ordered factory bluetooth, so it should work.

I didn't think there was factory bluetooth available in Australia - you get a dealer installed $500 parrot kit

mickofoz
03-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Sorry mate, that's what I meant. I'm still kicking myself for ordering it. $703 for me.

Swallowtail
03-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Mate you haven't got it yet have you? and it's not factory fit, it's a dealer fit - see if you can cancel that. Get a 'real' one... :D They're not hard to fit if you are at all handy.