PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and your car

anthony_VWJET
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
What have bought from ebay for your car? Was it worth it or was it just a waste of money?

Just a thought that came up after browsing on ebay...

Peter Jones
02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Ummmmm - everything! Including the car itself!

Pete

Whubbsie
02-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I bought my mk1 off ebay, was a good experience didn't get to see the car as it was in WA and I'm in Vic but it was to what they described.

If it's a no reserve auction you can seriously get a car for cheap.

DeanB
02-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I purchased the lower mesh grills, GTI stickers for the side view mirrors, Wörthersee Special Edition GTI Lanyard for the Polo.

For my Mrs and her Pug I've purchased for her a stubby antenna and aluminium door sill strips.

Never had problems, but I always aim to use vendors that have good and a lot of feedback.

Blitzen
02-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty new to it, but in the last few weeks I have bought a Badgeless front grill, Mondeo drop links and N75J valve...All have arrived, so I'm happy.

Vdubya
02-09-2009, 07:07 PM
My car was delivered without the genuine bottle opener, so i managed to buy that for $12. That was several month's ago however.

Also bought a 5W20 Caltex Oil from the supercheap auto promotion they had running

the scotsman
02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Before moving over here I sold my old hillclimb mini on ebay. The guy travelled up from englandshire paid cash and took her away. Very easy and straight forward. Mind you that was about 7 years ago...

dylan8
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Got my lower fog lights from ebay. The LED bulbs/housing started dying after been underwater for too long during the East Gippsland floods a year or 2 ago (whoops) still use the frames and wiring loam so was pretty good!

also scored a 'bora' front lip off ebay, was good, except for there being a minor scratch on it, and it wasn't for a bora... it was a golf one :brutal: i only realized this after leaving fitting for several months so it was to late to try and return it.

Planning on buying some floor mats from there as mine didn't come with any :frown:

dubsweeper
06-09-2009, 05:20 PM
i got my self a a sticker for the back of the vr a irish republic one and hundreds of records from eu , and basically anything you cant get here !! haha

and my audi is on there too , no expelation

brad
06-09-2009, 05:44 PM
A set of moulded mudflaps for the Ocatavia for $50 delivered and some valve caps with the Skoda emblem on them

Mrk_Mickey
06-09-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm actually considering getting an American front lip for my car but the only times I've seen on one eBay it's been hard to contact them lol.