PDA

View Full Version : Rear Parking Sensor

Johnny_dust
02-09-2009, 12:11 AM
One of my rear parking sensors has been pushed in and now beeps all the time in reverse regardless of how close I am to anything.

I cant seem to figure out how to get at it to pop it back out without taking the bumper off, which I am not keen on doing myself.

Any suggestions?

Johnny

brad
02-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Take it back to the dealer as it probably wasn't popped into the holder properly on assembly....... unless you've given it a fair wack? Just pushing it with your finger shouldn't cause it to "unmount".

Otherwise, get somebody with small hands to see if they can get to the sensor.

woofy
02-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I washed the car and one of the front ones pushed in one day..without any force...the dealer popped it back out for me.

spellbound
02-09-2009, 08:52 PM
One of my rear parking sensors has been pushed in and now beeps all the time in reverse regardless of how close I am to anything.

I cant seem to figure out how to get at it to pop it back out without taking the bumper off, which I am not keen on doing myself.

Any suggestions?

Johnny

Hi johnny , had the same problem when i hit a big pot hole .

Easy fix , you can get your hand in back of bumper , must lay on back ,feel around it will be hanging on cable just push firmly back in , done.

Johnny_dust
03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi johnny , had the same problem when i hit a big pot hole .

Easy fix , you can get your hand in back of bumper , must lay on back ,feel around it will be hanging on cable just push firmly back in , done.

How do you get your hand in behind the bumper? When I felt behind there, there was no gap to put my hand into at all. Did you do this on an Octavia?

Johnny

spellbound
03-09-2009, 11:03 PM
johnny i have a wagon may be different on hatch but room to put hand in , you have to lie on your back come in near end not centre of bumper , just feel around you will find cable with sensor dangling , hope this helps.

i know its a pain when bugger beeps at everything

Johnny_dust
04-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Yea, it's a real pain at the moment every time I put it in reverse beeping at everything. I'll give ur suggestion a crack on the weekend and see if I can get to it, I have a funny feeling though that the wagon may be easier to get to than the hatch, but lets see.

Cheers

Johnny