PDA

View Full Version : DSG noise

ox518
01-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi all,

I have mentioned in other threads that I found ticking/creaking noise from under steering wheel. After a few days driving, I found that noise only comes when I accelerating. Therefore I have tested. The noise gone at two situations.

1. When my feet off the fuel, or on the brake.

2. Constant speed greater than 80km/h or more.

Based on these reason, I would believe the noise is from gearbox.

Does anyone notice this problem before???

Thanks

cktsi
01-09-2009, 11:11 PM
No, I don't have that problem with my car. How many km's do you have on the odo? From memory you've had your car a few months now??

ox518
01-09-2009, 11:19 PM
No, I don't have that problem with my car. How many km's do you have on the odo? From memory you've had your car a few months now??

I have my car for a few weeks. Initially I thought that was due to something loosing behind the steering wheel. And I went to the dealer, the guy said so as well. But I found that is not such simple problem. Because it does not come when I braking.

Booked in on Thurs, hope that is a simple problem.

ox518
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
OK, back from the service center. The noise is actually not from the DSG, this is a good news. The bad news is they did not fix the problem, well, they found the problem was a clip loosing behind the steering wheel, and they tried to use a tape to stable (that sounds really unprofessional). They told the noise is gone, and I found it on the way home.

Guss what I found on the passenger seat when I just about leaving the dealer? A screw!!!! A screw was sitting on the passenger seat! I asked the service manager where was it from. They found this is the bottom screw on the steering wheel......wtf!!??

If anyone from Canberra is watching this thread, I suggest you do not go to the dealer in Belconnen, they are actually a Holden dealer, a few months ago their boss built a VW dealership. I don't think they are ready to serve VW customer yet. All the people in the service department are wearing HOLDEN jumper.

Well, I have contacted my dealer in Sydney, they said they will look after my car if I take the car there. I am thinking I need to go back to Sydney in the near future and ask them to check out my car. Who knows the Holden guy did what on my golf.........

Very disappointing!!!!!

pinzvidz
03-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I would ring and advise VW Australia of the what you saw and experienced there. That dealer should be abiding by rules set out by VGA (and VAG) if they don't they should lose the franchise.

mr_walker
03-09-2009, 10:30 PM
My DSG Jetta has an odd noise that I still have not been able to isolate. It's hard to describe, but I'd call it a kind of high pitch rattle/flutter/ticking that I'm pretty sure is coming from the DSG.

I can only hear it when accelerating, only when revs are less than 2000rpm, and only in 5th or 6th gear. My ear is so tuned in to it now, that it's all I hear - problem is that the service guys couldn't pick it up on a test drive. They reckon it could be the turbo spooling, but then why would I only hear it in 5th or 6th?

I've given up on trying to get it identified, and my Jetta has just done 30,000k over about 18 months. Car's going great and I don't have anything else to complain about.

Cheers,

Walker

ox518
03-09-2009, 10:53 PM
My DSG Jetta has an odd noise that I still have not been able to isolate. It's hard to describe, but I'd call it a kind of high pitch rattle/flutter/ticking that I'm pretty sure is coming from the DSG.

I can only hear it when accelerating, only when revs are less than 2000rpm, and only in 5th or 6th gear. My ear is so tuned in to it now, that it's all I hear - problem is that the service guys couldn't pick it up on a test drive. They reckon it could be the turbo spooling, but then why would I only hear it in 5th or 6th?

I've given up on trying to get it identified, and my Jetta has just done 30,000k over about 18 months. Car's going great and I don't have anything else to complain about.

Cheers,

Walker

I think mine is not from the DSG, it sounds smaller now to be honest, but it is still there I am pretty sure. As long as that is not a big issue, I am not worried. However, I will take my car to Sydney if I have chance. By the way, they did not even give me the repair report. They said will post to me tomorrow, but who knows......

ox518
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I would ring and advise VW Australia of the what you saw and experienced there. That dealer should be abiding by rules set out by VGA (and VAG) if they don't they should lose the franchise.

If they do not post the repair report to me tomorrow, I will!!!

ox518
06-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I know I am a fussy guy, especially for the item I have bought. But the rattle behind the steering wheel really drives me nuts.

I have decided that to call Belconnen service department tomorrow and complaint this unfixed problem. And ask for a loaner for free and also ask them to pick a VW CERTIFIED mechanic to deal with my car. I am not looking down HOLDEN mechanic but that will make me more comfortable.

If they refuse my request or can not fix again, I will write to VW Australia with the unhappy experience at the first time.

What do you guys think? I know I am a bit tough and aggressive. But all I want is the quality service which matches GERMAN quality. Otherwise I would not buy this GERMAN machine.

ox518
10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Finally, the rattle from the steering wheel seems to be fixed.

I called service manager on Monday complaint what I have been treated at their service center. He apologized and asked me to take the car back.

I think they have done the job pretty well today and kept the car very clean in the end. I think this is the real VW service should be.

He has also noticed the uniform problem, so finally after 5 month we have another VW service department in Canberra.