PDA

View Full Version : VIC Help..manifold needed to suit this Carby??

dubai gti
30-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I bought the attached Weber on ebay uk

http://picasaweb.google.com/brondubai/VWpictures30809?feat=email#
and now need a manifold for it. The seller words were Weber carb removed from my very own mk1 golf 1.5 auto which sadly rotted away a couple of months ago perfect working condition and great upgrade from standard one

The model of Weber(or the numbers on it) stamped into the body:
35 TLP 4 201 0077 and the removable tag has Weber 152 740977
anyone have one for sale ? or know what I need to be looking for..do I need a passat manifold???:?
thx in advance

Jarred
30-08-2009, 12:23 PM
you don't need a passat manifold, they're for twin throats, it could possibly fit on a standard manifold.

I hope you havn't bought this carb to run preenys' old engine..?

dubai gti
30-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I hope you havn't bought this carb to run preenys' old engine..?

and ur problem is ???? :blowtorch:

...you should see the 'Pierberg' or something similar, with all the 80's cr*p plumbed into it, that I just removed with my old motor !!!!

Jarred
30-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Preeny's engine is kinda hot. I think you'll I think you'll be choking it by putting the small carb off a standard 1.5 on it, that's all.

Is there any mention of what size the throat is?

dubai gti
30-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Preeny's engine is kinda hot. I think you'll I think you'll be choking it by putting the small carb off a standard 1.5 on it, that's all.

Is there any mention of what size the throat is?

nothing that i've seen as yet, but i haven't pulled any bits out of it yet.....

dubai gti
01-09-2009, 09:30 PM
thanks to Matt, std. manifold now on it's way south.

Might look into jet sizing on this carby, esp. now I've just ordered a set of new extractors....and BTW, this is a w/e only car and at age 42, i'm way past challenging rice-burners at the lights :crazy: