PDA

View Full Version : 1 door has cloth trim, the other 3 have leather...

mtj007
28-08-2009, 08:06 PM
So anyway... I was just vacuuming dad's Mk VI and noticed the rear left passenger door has cloth trim on the armrest and the side panel. The car is optioned with leather and the other 3 doors have leather trim like they're supposed to.

Others with leather might want to go and inspect their door trims...

Right rear door:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/08/IMG_0356-3.jpg

Left rear door:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/08/IMG_0354-3.jpg

NickZ
28-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Looks like the bloke working on the production line had one too many steins!

Jayse
28-08-2009, 08:44 PM
awesome QC!!
Fail.....

philthy
28-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Haha, that's pretty funny. Maybe the door/ trim was replaced after the car was built??

:drinkbeer:

Driven Threads
28-08-2009, 08:52 PM
This thread should be in the humour section! That is a total fail for VW ? :brutal:

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/epic_fail.jpg

mtj007
28-08-2009, 09:10 PM
All we could do was laugh and wonder how it happened... Friday afternoon car perhaps? The other suggestions sound plausible too. Wonder what the dealer will have to say about it... I can't imagine it's something the pre-delivery guys would be looking for.

leasaunce
28-08-2009, 09:32 PM
im guessing the 4th guy working on the door was sick on that day :P LOL

Stan
28-08-2009, 09:34 PM
at least they bothered to match the colour...

mtj007
28-08-2009, 09:46 PM
at least they bothered to match the colour...

True that.

The flash makes it stand out, the colour of the cloth is really similar to the leather so I'm not surprised nobody's noticed it until now... it wasn't until I went to go over it with the vacuum and touched it that I noticed it... unless you know what you're looking for you don't really notice the missing leather stitching either

First time the the interior's been cleaned and the only person to sit in the back is my 11 year old sister and there's no way she'd ever notice something like that.

Stan
28-08-2009, 09:59 PM
sounds like it's time for a trip to the dealers...

coastie
28-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Others with leather might want to go and inspect their door trims...

I just had to have a look at mine. I had sat in the rear seat and played with all the fittings when I took delivery but to say I noticed the trim stretched the memory a bit.

Maybe they just ran out of cow that week and figured no one will notice, or its on the vegetarian/peta supporter side of the car :)

ox518
29-08-2009, 12:48 AM
I should go and check my arm set, they might set up your leather one on my golf

kevin118
30-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Out of interest, what's the quality of the leather in the new golf like - in hotter weather? Does it stay relatively cool or does it absorb a lot of the heat making it uncomfortable at first?
I'm led to believe the quality of the leather affects this.
The one car I looked at in Sydney was ok but it wasn't that hot a day so hard to tell. The new leather did smell strongly which was something other than pleasant:(

mtj007
30-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Dad's only had it since June (~1900km) so couldn't really tell you.

My mum had a 2007 Passat with black leather which was hot (enough that you couldn't lean back against the seat at first) after being parked in the sun all day but after a couple of minutes it was fine. I don't wear skirts, dresses or short shorts so never had a problem with burnt legs :P

The Passat had slippery non-supportive leather seats - you sat "on" them instead of "in" them, the Golf is much more supportive and feels nicer. Personally I'd suffer with a few minutes of burning to have leather... maybe not a good idea with young kids. Tinting the windows would help.

I actually like the smell of new VW - especially with leather... wish the scent came in a bottle.

MaccaTSI
31-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Haha that's classic. Will be interesting to hear what the dealer says

Lima
09-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Haha that's classic. Will be interesting to hear what the dealer says

+1

What a bizarre thing to let out of the showroom. Any response from VW yet?

mtj007
09-09-2009, 11:58 PM
+1

What a bizarre thing to let out of the showroom. Any response from VW yet?

I know dad emailed the dealer... I'll ask tomorrow if he's had a reply yet, the old fart's already in bed...

They're going away in a couple of weeks so if I'll take the car in then if nothing's been done. Too bad dad also didn't notice the scratched window and paint damage on delivery because they probably won't take responsibility for that - looks like the rear right light assembly has been levered out with a screwdriver at some point :brutal: I know I'm OCD with attention to detail but I can't believe dad didn't notice these issues.

Edit/Update: Dealer just said to bring the car in whenever is convenient and they will change it over to a leather one... I wouldn't expect them to have spare door trims laying about so I wonder if they're just gonna swap it from another car...