PDA

View Full Version : steam cleaner

Jarred
28-08-2009, 02:44 PM
just wondering if anyone knows anything about steam cleaners/steam guns??

I wouldn't mind having one to clean car parts and grease and extra.

anyone know where to buy one? I've looked before (briefly) at repcc and etc, but couldn't find anything..

TIA

Jarred

Peter Jones
28-08-2009, 02:56 PM
I just use a kero gun full of boiling water. You can pick 'em up pretty cheap ~$20.

Pete

Jarred
28-08-2009, 03:26 PM
where from Pete?

edit: most probably autobahn supercheaps etc & hardware stores, thanks Pete.

Mrk_Mickey
28-08-2009, 04:18 PM
This sounds like a great idea. Cheers lads.

rayray086
28-08-2009, 08:02 PM
You can rent one from Woolies. They're perfect for the carpets but I'm not sure about car parts...

Jarred
28-08-2009, 09:10 PM
You can rent one from Woolies. They're perfect for the carpets but I'm not sure about car parts...

nah that's not what I'm after ray.

I'm after something like what the boys used in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3mhq_BrnU0

Stan
28-08-2009, 10:07 PM
cool clip, but surely it would have been faster to clamp the hose and remove the caliper? Thats a lot of masking
you could just use a parts washer ($100 will get a good one and you can use it all the time...) and paint without masking...

Jarred
28-08-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm not buying one just so i can paint my brake calipers....

I want one almost as an alternative to a parts washer. Thing is though, it's kinda hard to degrease and clean and engine bay with a parts washer, hence my asking about a steam cleaner/gun. :)

Peter Jones
28-08-2009, 10:32 PM
where from Pete?

edit: most probably autobahn supercheaps etc & hardware stores, thanks Pete.

Yep. They're simple air guns with a pot underneath to hold kero for parts washing. I'm not big on blowing kero into the air though.

I usually spray a can or two of $2 degreaser about the place and then use boiling water and a dash of truck wash to finish off the job with the kero gun.

Pete

Jarred
28-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Yep. They're simple air guns with a pot underneath to hold kero for parts washing. I'm not big on blowing kero into the air though.

I usually spray a can or two of $2 degreaser about the place and then use boiling water and a dash of truck wash to finish off the job with the kero gun.

Pete

Funnily enough, that's what I was planning on doing!

I'll look out for one next time I'm at supercheap or where ever.