PDA

View Full Version : Electric motor noise when opening and glove box light?

clone_tk422
24-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi,

Wondering if I can ask you all a couple of things..

I think its page 42 or something in the manual says when you open the glove box the light comes on and turns off when you close it

I have no light happening in mine so wondering is it supposed to have a light in there as i couldnt find a bulb anywhere? Does anyone else have one in their GTI or is mine faulty?

Also I have noticed when opening the car door when its been left for a while, I hear some electric motor noise moving somewhere not sure where its coming from.. happens even when opening the door when it has been unlocked the whole time. Cant find anything in the manual wondering if anyone has this too? Its almost like something is going back into position or something but it doesnt have an electric seat so not sure what it could be

Also I stalled it coming up the driveway when i first got it as I was being too careful!! when the engine turned off there was a strange noise i thought maybe coming from the turbo or something sounded like something still spining aroung but making a lot of noise. Car ok otherwise been driving fine and didnt happen again when my mum stalled it - is this noise normal?

Thanks

Timbo
25-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Have a look here:

The strange noises thread (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=2693)

clone_tk422
25-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks,

anyone know about the glovebox light and the spinning noise when i stalled it?

Timbo
25-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks,

anyone know about the glovebox light and the spinning noise when i stalled it?

Don't know about glovebox light, but the spinning noise, again :

Have a look here:

The strange noises thread (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=2693)

Bug_racer
25-01-2007, 09:38 AM
is there even a hole for the light ?

The manuals in the car are usually for lhd cars and are also the full spec interior cars to show what every switch does even though they may not be on your car