PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Tiguan Quirks and Tricks Thread

Transporter
26-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Does anybody know any useful quirks and tricks for Tiguan?

NZTiguan
27-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Your query about the compass module: Certainly the NZ track and field models have the compass standard. It appears in the top of the MFD but only shows 8 "directions" so the "finest" you can get is NW or SE etc etc. Have no idea what the bit about activating it with the rear window heater though ?? Mine's just "there" all the time BUT there's a way in the manual of "resetting" it if it's giving the wrong info.

Cheers

NZTiguan
27-08-2009, 07:54 AM
A lot of people don't realise that the centre armrest is adjustable for and aft as well as up and down.
Also the wiper "service position" activated by turning the key On and OFF and then flicking the wiper stalk to put the wipers up so they can be pulled off the windscreen without hitting the bonnet.

Pullstarter
29-08-2009, 09:26 AM
A lot of people don't realise that the centre armrest is adjustable for and aft as well as up and down.
Also the wiper "service position" activated by turning the key On and OFF and then flicking the wiper stalk to put the wipers up so they can be pulled off the windscreen without hitting the bonnet.

That's a great tip I had no idea about that! Been struggling everytime I clean the windscreen. Shoulda read the book I guess LOL.