PDA

View Full Version : mk2 golf 20VT megasquirt converion

pommydubber
26-08-2009, 06:00 PM
After lengthly discussions on this forum and much research on the options available to raise the performance of my MK2 8v Digifant GTI Golf. I have decided to ditch the 8v unit and replace it with an AGU 20v Turbo unit from a golf GTI MK4. The hard part as most of you know is the wiring! I am determined to not go to www.qpeng.com and part with 1000 pounds sterling for a plug and play kit. I want to use Megasquirt!
I know from my own research others have done this conversion and have left some info on how to wire this particular install. But it doesn't look like enough to get thing rolling! I guess what i need is an idiot proof installation guide with a few pictures. Plus an all important wiring diagram.... Any help on this greatly appreciated.
Feel free to send me an e-mail on cfisher85@hotmail.com

Jarred
27-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm guessing you've look on the MS site... it's pretty much got all the info you'll need to set it up. I'd suggest reading everything twice before you get stuck in :)

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm

start from those links and get reading! :)

Golf Loon
27-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Talk to pepperwhite on here. He just setup his Mk1 16v with Megasquirt, with no prior experience of it.

h100vw
27-08-2009, 08:08 PM
The QPeng is already chipped so that would be a plug and play 190+hp. The hassle involved in doing megasquirt will be considerable. Not saying you won't know lots about it all when you are done but the time involved in tuning it will be massive.

I have everything to get an AGU running if you change your mind.

Good luck with it though.

Gavin

pommydubber
29-08-2009, 09:49 AM
The QPeng is already chipped so that would be a plug and play 190+hp. The hassle involved in doing megasquirt will be considerable. Not saying you won't know lots about it all when you are done but the time involved in tuning it will be massive.

I have everything to get an AGU running if you change your mind.

Good luck with it though.

Gavin

Hi Gavin,
When you say you have everything to get an AGU running. Exactly what setup are you talking about?

h100vw
29-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi Gavin,
When you say you have everything to get an AGU running. Exactly what setup are you talking about?

I scrapped an 1998 A3 1.8T and have the loom, ECU, clocks, key reader etc.

Gavin

pommydubber
30-08-2009, 09:35 AM
I scrapped an 1998 A3 1.8T and have the loom, ECU, clocks, key reader etc.

Gavin

Hmmmm, A few questions i have for you....
What engine code is this unit?
Will it bolt into my 8v GTI MK2 and mate up to my g/box ok?
How many k's has it done?
Is it in good condition?
If you are selling it how much do you want for it?

h100vw
30-08-2009, 12:07 PM
The engine isn't complete, I sold a few bits off it. So it wouldn't be a full conversion.

I thought you already had an engine but nothing to run it?? Mine is an AGU but I would suggest you find a complete one as buying the bits one at a time would be tiresome and not real cheap.

I would do the loom and clocks etc for $500 and if you wanted it chipping, I'd sort you out once you get it running.

Gavin

isaw
04-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Just a side note, I got to meet Gavin when he was up in brisbane a few months ago. Nothing but praise for the guy! You'll be in safe hands.

tommymac
02-10-2009, 10:25 AM
buy a haynes manual for the wiring on the AGU.

the qpeng is good, I run mine and its sweet as, might be a tad exexy but think of the money you will spend on the Dyno to get the MS tuned, it aint cheap plus my 28rs map will only cost me 100 buks rather than 400 or so to get it mapped on a DYNO.

And i have to say IMO the wiring is the easiest part of this build (cooling systems was a bitch to work out). The AGU is not just a staight swap you will have to move a few things around, PM me for details if you want.