PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the Tigs?

clip
25-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I was talking to a friend of a friend today and he was interested in the Tig (he's had a couple of Audi's but currently has a Honda MDX :eek:). He wanted to know how I found it as he'd heard that the '07 models had some problems! I said they weren't available in '07 to my knowledge, but he argued the point. He couldn't recall the problems, just that he dismissed the Tig's at the time because of what ever it was.

Of course I soon changed his mind - especially when he got a go behind the wheel :cool:

Torn
25-08-2009, 08:38 PM
its strange you know i get a similar reaction with some of the people talk to, it seems a lot of folk get confused between the tiguan and the tourag, not sure if they had many probablem, but when i tell people i'm getting a tig, the first reaction is, oh man you must be loaded, lol

NZTiguan
26-08-2009, 07:43 AM
He's talking bollocks (well he is a Honda owner after all !!!). 1: There was NEVER an 07 Tiguan, first build was 08 and 2: There were no major issues with the first Tiguans. There were a few "minor" niggles and they did have an issue in NA that required all the first NA ones to have a software update but that's it. In fact, from what I've seen I'd say that the Tiguan is probably one of the most trouble free launches of a new model I've seen anywhere.

Transporter
26-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Yeap, 100% agree with you Derek.

Tiguan is on my shopping list and I'm on a look out for any reported faults with it. So far it's all good. :)

Transfer
26-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah, no one seems to know what a Tiguan is here in the states. EVERYONE says, oh a Toureg! And I say no, this one cost 1/3 less $$. I haven't met anyone yet who knows what it is. VW definitely shot themselves in the foot by having two 6 letter SUVs starting with letter T and poorly marketing the Tig.

Pullstarter
26-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Not many people know what the Tigs are that's for sure, to be honest I quite like it that way :cool:

One of my pet peeves is those people that think they know it all about every car ever produced too, no matter what car you mention to them its always a piece of crap for some reason or another, apart from the car they own of course. :P

clip
26-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I thought that was the case, thanks fellas.

This guy was so adamant though that he kind of started convincing me. He knew it wasn't a Toureg (he'd looked at those too, but they were too big for him). Yes, he is one of those people that like to think they know everything about all cars.

Good to hear about Transporter following them closely too. That's very reassuring thanks Transporter.