PDA

View Full Version : Good News

mickofoz
25-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Just been told my Tigga is getting built this week so I should a VIN number by the end of the week.
How long does it normally take once the car is on the ship to delivery?
Can't wait.:banana:

Transporter
25-08-2009, 02:12 PM
It could be as long as 5 months. I can say from my experience that you could see your car in late January. What did the dealer say?

NZTiguan
25-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Mine was about 3 months from sitting on the wharf in Germany to in my garage !! Don't know how long it will take from start of manufacture to being ready at the wharf but I suspect that could add another month when ship timing etc is taken into account, so I hate to say it but it could be January BUT I guess it's really dependent on how things tie together ship wise etc and you might be lucky and see it before Xmas. Hope so for your sake cos that wait is excruciating !!! Still, worth it in the end though !!

mickofoz
25-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, I was told by the dealer that I will have it by October... this year!

Sharkie
25-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, I placed my order on 7 April, the car was built on 1 May (3 weeks later), it was on the ship on 16 May (2 weeks later) and got to Brisbane 29 June ( 6 weeks later) and delivered to me 22 July ( 3 weeks later)

So in all 14 weeks from placing the order to delivery = 3.5 months.

Therefore I would suspect delivery in your case to be mid December ......

Torn
25-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Mick,
Just Secured mine the other day, its already on its way here in miami USA at the moment and will be here Septemeber 17th, then adding 2-3 week delay from Port to dealer will see it here in October.

I'm guessing if yours hasnt been built yet it will take a while longer, my dealer advised next run would arrive in oz Jan and at the dealer Early Feb

mickofoz
25-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Well... I'm dying to hear the excuses my dealer will give me why the car will take more than the promised 3 months. I'm still driving my 07 Polo GTI which I traded for $21000 putting more and more kilometres on the clock. By Feb that car will have lost another $5000 since the new Polo is coming out. Thank god the trade in price is firm.

Torn
25-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Thats a good trade in price you go there, i only got $19500 for mine today

mickofoz
25-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Torn, it took a little arm breaking to get that price, in return he only gave me $600 off the new Tig. I'm happy. I still saved about $3000 as I would never get that price for the Polo on the private market or any other dealer. My dealer is happy too as he's getting almost the entire wholesale price of the car.

Pullstarter
25-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Mine was 2 months from being loaded on the ship to delivery.

Transporter
25-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Hmm, maybe the things have changed since 2007. :)
The difference must be when you're given the VIN, than they can sell the car you ordered to someone else.

MKTD
25-08-2009, 08:40 PM
well, I checked with my deal last week and was told the status is schedule for production and was also told that the delivery would be around October or November. I placed the order in June and it has been nearly 2 months and the production hasn't even started. I wouldn't hold my breath to be honest to expect the car in November. I think most likely I will get her early next year :(

oh well it is still worth the waiting....the bad thing is that the interest rate will probably go up in the end of the year.

DieselTig
25-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I just go my VIN today and ETA is between end october to early November. The dealer told me that they allow approx 8 weeks from the time it is loaded on the ship. Normally takes approx 4w to arrive and the rest is through customs and delivery/fitout.