PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened the other day

Cam
23-08-2009, 06:03 PM
We had a work experience guy in at work (apparently he is studying to be a mechanic, don't really know why he was doing work exp in IT lol). On Friday arvo he was parked in the visitors centre section, I came around in my car from the staff parking and stopped back outside in the visitors parking as well (I forgot my glasses and needed to get them).

Anyhow, I came back out...he was checking my car out, glancing over from his. I started it up, he looks and comes running over.

Him: "Cam, your cars sick!"
Me: "Thanks"
Him: "Nah I mean its really sick, its got a big problem with the engine. Sounds like it could be the tappits"
Me: "Its a diesel mate. Its meant to sound like that"
Him: "What? Nah man its got a huge problem you should get it checked out"
Me: "Its a diesel dude! its completely normal!"
Him: "What? How.."

After that conversation he was still a bit baffled and couldn't quite comprehend that you could fit a diesel engine into a sporty european hatch...lol

Not to mention he was supposedly studying to be a mechanic. /facepalm
:)

maca
23-08-2009, 06:24 PM
HAHAHA give me his number... I want him to work on my car!

http://360.kombo.com/images/content/news/blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Mrk_Mickey
23-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Bahahahahah! Fail!

dc10
24-08-2009, 05:12 AM
if he was my apprentice, i think i would be sending him out on IT work experience too by the sound of it.

mikepologti
24-08-2009, 12:12 PM
wtf? hahahahah

Brisben
24-08-2009, 12:34 PM
When I was an apprentice 4th year we used to play some mean tricks on the new boys.

Go get

Sparks for the angle grinder.

Left handed screw driver.

a long weight (Wait)

etc etc.

mikepologti
27-08-2009, 01:30 AM
multi coloured paint, sky hooks.............

kaneda
27-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Maybe you could have said the spark plug gap was set wrong and you were looking at new apex seals to get rid of the rattle :P

Rocket36
27-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't get it. What's sporty about a European hatch that sounds like a light truck? :nana:

Nathan_B
27-08-2009, 04:21 PM
perhaps your torque valve is leaking :P

gregozedobe
27-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Just to be different, I'm going to give him 10/10 for customer focus (he WAS genuinely concerned for your car), but he needs quite a bit more work in the mechanical knowledge part of the syllabus ;)

Cam
27-08-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't get it. What's sporty about a European hatch that sounds like a light truck? :nana:

Oi
:nana:

I love the sound of the TDI engine. Can't get enough of the clackety clackety clackety...clack sound it makes...haha
:P

maca
27-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Oi
:nana:

I love the sound of the TDI engine. Can't get enough of the clackety clackety clackety...clack sound it makes...haha
:P
No one expects anything from a TDI aye..? I love the confused look people give me.. The sort of "You're lowering and putting rims on a Diesel?" look :eek: