PDA

View Full Version : The Wait Begins

Torn
23-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi All,
Been reading these forums for some time as i currently own a 2007 Polo Gti.

My Employeer has decided to now give me a company car and after driving the Mazda Cx-7, Subaru Forester XT and both the TDI and TSI Tiguan, decided on the 147TSI Tiguan.

This is where the fun begins, after picking my options of candy white, Bi Xenon's, Park Assist and MDi was promptly told that there is none available and i'd have to wait until Feb 2010 if i wanted these options, i was told that there are are a few 147TSI arriving in 8-10 weeks and that there were only 3 147TSi available with Park Assist and only 1 in white.

I tried to get the white one, but it was already taken, my dealer advised there was 1 left in Biscay Blue with a sunroof, work advised i could not get a sunroof, so we looked again and there was another in Biscay Blue (2010 Spec) with park assist and Off-road pack.

I'm happy to say we have secured this one and now the 8-10 week wait starts.

I'm rather excited as Biscay Blue is a gret colour! However also a little peeved that i cant get the options i want and that VW are advertising all these great options that are unavailable for some time, they really should put these details next to the options.

If my current lease wasnt up in a month i could probably wait the 6 months as the tiguan is a great drive.

WannaTig
23-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Congrats!!

8-10 weeks is pretty good, didn't know the wait time had blown out to Feb again. I think they just can't get enough in at the moment (still) to suit everyones option wish list, so they just order what they can, and they're still sold before they even get them on the boat.

I got the Biscay Blue too, looks gorgeous :D

Torn
23-08-2009, 03:51 PM
agree on the great colour, there was one at the dealer on the day i went for a test drive it looks great, i read somewhere it was the same colour as the R32 golf, but they had one there also and it looked a fair bit different, to my eyes anyway.

In the end i was happy to go with a TDi or the 125TSI, with park assist :) seeing as that every review on the tiguan says this is the best option, hehe

Was strange to me that there were such a lack of cars coming in the next shipment available with this option either that or its so popular that they are all taken.

Just waiting on the VIN so i can see where its up to

BrisGTI
23-08-2009, 06:34 PM
My Tiguan must be on the same boat as yours, I have been told delivery would be first week of Oct, but I will be on my honeymoon then so pickup will be after the 9th of Oct.

My wife to be, can't wait every time she see one on the road she is like a little girl and excited.

congrats on your and sorry you didn't get all the options you wanted.

mardpea
23-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Luckily, my Tiguan is on an earlier boat and is meant to arrive on Tuesday. Then I have to wait two more weeks before its ready.

I cant believe it would have been February. Our first choice was Cherry Red but would have had to wait until November so we went with our second choice of Pearl Black because there was one already on the way.

Will have the comfort pack and leather interior.

Arctra
23-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Luckily, my Tiguan is on an earlier boat and is meant to arrive on Tuesday. Then I have to wait two more weeks before its ready.

I cant believe it would have been February. Our first choice was Cherry Red but would have had to wait until November so we went with our second choice of Pearl Black because there was one already on the way.

Will have the comfort pack and leather interior.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the black mate. I ended up getting black too, which wasn't my first choice, but have ended up loving it.

All of you have very good reason to be excited about your new Tig's! Other than the issue I had getting my smashed window repaired (more of a support issue than a Tig issue) I am yet to have ANY form of buyer remorse.

Torn
23-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Black was my first choice as it looks awsome in the brochures and there was an almost fully optioned TDI (2010 Spec) getiing made, but then i read the company policy of white or silver ;(, luckily i maged to convince the right people to let me get the Blue as it was the Blue or a Golf Mk VI in white, the extra load carrying/ towing ability pushed the tiguan it in my favour

Torn
24-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Just got my VIN and checked the tracking details, this may help for those that have one coming in the same shipment.

BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 01/08/2009
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 05/08/2009
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 06/08/2009
BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 16/08/2009
SAVANNAH, GA U.S.A. 20/08/2009
MANZANILLO PANAMA 24/08/2009
GUAYAQUIL ECUADOR 27/08/2009
AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND 11/09/2009
BRISBANE AUSTRALIA 15/09/2009
PORT KEMBLA AUSTRALIA 17/09/2009

Rosey
24-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Just got my VIN and checked the tracking details, this may help for those that have one coming in the same shipment.

BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 01/08/2009
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 05/08/2009
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 06/08/2009
BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 16/08/2009
SAVANNAH, GA U.S.A. 20/08/2009
MANZANILLO PANAMA 24/08/2009
GUAYAQUIL ECUADOR 27/08/2009
AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND 11/09/2009
BRISBANE AUSTRALIA 15/09/2009
PORT KEMBLA AUSTRALIA 17/09/2009

Hmmmm I never got any VIN details from my dealer!! :confused: doesnt surprise me though their customer service is awful:rolleyes: We had to chase literally chase the salesguy after we signed on the dotted line for any details we wanted on the Tig ..he didnt bother to return any calls, didnt even bother to give a plausible excuse when we did finally get hold of him truly appalling really:rolleyes:....from the info we "extracted" from him, Tiggy is likely to be here early september. ..(At this rate, am not even sure if we would be contacted to pick up the car lol as salesguy claimed he cudnt find our phone number which is there in the salecontract!!:confused:) Anyway me asking about a VIN number at this stage would only fall into deaf ears. :( Makes me so angry when I read posts on how contactable the dealership is and all for you guys!

Anyway enuf of all this complaining now! had to let it out of my system!, Black is a great choice mate ;) I agree with others. :biggrin:

dogbowl
24-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Black was my first choice as it looks awsome in the brochures and there was an almost fully optioned TDI (2010 Spec) getiing made, but then i read the company policy of white or silver ;(, luckily i maged to convince the right people to let me get the Blue as it was the Blue or a Golf Mk VI in white, the extra load carrying/ towing ability pushed the tiguan it in my favour I bought my first black car last year, a Honda Accord Euro. Ordering Black was my worst move! It looks great the day you wash it, and dirty every day after that!

Torn
24-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Bummer Rosey, i did hear there was a shipment due to arrive soon, it took a couple of days after i placed the order for the dealer to be able to get the VIN for me, but as i understand it as soon as the stock is allocated to the dealer from VWA then they have access to these numbers, at least that is what i was told.

It still amazes me that some people are like you explained, i kind of expected the same treatment after i placed the order and not sure if its due to being a company order that they are going the extra yards for me.

Dogbowl, my partner has a black Subaru, i spent around 5 hours on saturday detailing it for her and on sunday after a drive into town and back it was dirty again, so agree with you there, it does look great though when its clean

clip
24-08-2009, 06:10 PM
I bought my first black car last year, a Honda Accord Euro. Ordering Black was my worst move! It looks great the day you wash it, and dirty every day after that!
yep, g'friend has just bought a new black LS250 (:stupid:) and guess who's having to wash it - twice a week - if she had her way!

BrisGTI
24-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Sounds like we must of order our tiguan at the corrected time.

As we got all the options and colour we wanted.

Also the dealer could tell us the build day was going to be around the 4th of August and then on the 7th he called and gave me the VIN and the ship it is going to be on.

So can't wait, well my mrs can't wait :banana: cause it will be her car I still got my GTI

TIGG1
24-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Rosey
Sorry to see such a bad start to what should be a good experience
pretty much dont have to name the dealership as i can almost
guarantee I know which group it is copping the same level of
disservice when shopping for both our Passat and more recently
the Tig some times you wonder how they stay in buisness we
ended up going down the Peninsular and was treated to top level
customer service reciving e-mails quite often with the progress of the
car, hope things change with time for you

DJY
24-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Good to see another 147 owner in the forums!!

Congrats mate!
As for having to pick and choose colours v options...
unfortunately that was something I had to do as well.

Having said that I love my car!!!

Rosey
25-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Rosey
Sorry to see such a bad start to what should be a good experience
pretty much dont have to name the dealership as i can almost
guarantee I know which group it is copping the same level of
disservice when shopping for both our Passat and more recently
the Tig some times you wonder how they stay in buisness we
ended up going down the Peninsular and was treated to top level
customer service reciving e-mails quite often with the progress of the
car, hope things change with time for you

lucky you then! We signed for the classy looking black 147:cool: early May(2009! lol guess have to mention the year too as people are apparently waiting till next yr to own a Tig!):eek: but I doubt that things can change much for us at this point unless he is reading this forum lol ( I removed the dealership name so little chance of that happening)
He was a cool salesguy at the begining....just at the beginning but after we signed the contract he just couldnt be bothered with anything at all!!!:rolleyes:
He said the ETA is the 21st Aug and delivery 14 days afer that! that is IF he allocated the right ETA to the right customer:rolleyes: since he cudnt even get our contact number right!grrrrrrrrr now the latest info is that he doesnt have a clue when Tig wud be in their dealership!!

Thanks guys, this forum is awesome and so informative, cant help to keep coming back he he;)

By the way, when we test drove the Tig, he told us that the car was already allocated to someone but yet we were allowed to take the car for a long spin! is that a normal practice???? is it common to have a few kms on a new vehicle upon delivery? like 50km or something?..anyone?

Have a great day all of you... over here strong winds are rocking Victoria :rolleyes:

TigWhite
25-08-2009, 08:56 AM
My Experience: Ordered Tig on 16 Feb to to get colour/options we wanted (125TSI, Candy White, comfort pack, leather, off road, auto) It arrived Brisbane 22 May, but took until 12 Jun to be delivered to dealer and prepped for delivery. But it was worth the wait!

clip
25-08-2009, 07:25 PM
(125TSI, Candy White, comfort pack, leather, off road, auto)
you going to get the APR remap TigWhite? It will make your 125 even nicer to drive :)

Torn
25-08-2009, 08:40 PM
the APR looks great, i've had the Revo on my polo and it turns the polo into a nasty bit of gear, anyone tried the revo for the tig?

hilferns
17-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi

My Tiguan is scheduled to arrive in Port Kembla on 26th October. How long after that does it take to get delivery? I have ordered Relex Silver, TDI Auto, Sunroof, Park Assist, Sat Nav, Black Leather, Comfort package

Thanks

team_v
17-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Can take up to 3 weeks for compliancing and delivery to dealer bt i had read that someone got their's after a week.

Torn
28-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Pick it up on Friday, woohoo!:banana:

DieselTig
29-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Can take up to 3 weeks for compliancing and delivery to dealer bt i had read that someone got their's after a week.
Yes, worse case 3 weeks but my dealer suggested around 8-10 days

Sharkie
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Not sure where else to post this .....

Currently Austral VW in Brisbane has 5 unallocated Tiguans standing on the floor waiting for owners. (as of yesterday)

2 x 125TSI (both auto, both metallic)
2 x 103TDI (1 x auto & 1 x manual, both metallic)
1 x 147TSI white

If you are looking for 1 and want to get in 1 quick contact them.

Norris Motor Group VW (North Brisbane) had 2 unallocated Tiguans a week ago

Should we have a place to post what immediate availability we can see out there? Maybe a rolling sticky with a time limit on the posts? Is this do-able?

Arctra
07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't know if it's worth having such a thread. Any VW dealer registered with VWA has access to see what stock other dealers currently hold, what's on the ship, and what's in build at present. So if you're wanting a Tig you can just ask a dealer what's available and they can tell you.

If potential buyers want a Tig and think such a thread would be useful then I guess there's no hard in trying to start such a thread.

Sanman
07-10-2009, 12:03 PM
2 x 103TDI (1 x auto & 1 x manual, both metallic)
1 x 147TSI white

The dealers usually put unallocated stock on Ebay or Drive.com (at list price)
Want to bet they're >6 months old and that horrible blue?
EDIT: (sorry Sharkie, couldn't help but be cynical about dealers..!)

Sharkie
07-10-2009, 12:59 PM
The dealers usually put unallocated stock on Ebay or Drive.com (at list price)
Want to bet they're >6 months old and that horrible blue?

These are all actually MY10s. So pretty new, 2 x silver, 1 x black and 1 x the new blue. I looked at them because I hadn't seen the new MFD lighting before when I was there to discuss other future purchases .... :cool:

Sharkie
07-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Any VW dealer registered with VWA has access to see what stock other dealers currently hold, what's on the ship, and what's in build at present. So if you're wanting a Tig you can just ask a dealer what's available and they can tell you.

Yeah you're right there, but it would be nice to some to know what's out there without having to talk to a dealer. :eek: They lie to you quite often anyway ...... remember it costs them money (shipping) to source a car for you from another dealer.

cubes
07-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah you're right there, but it would be nice to some to know what's out there without having to talk to a dealer. They lie to you quite often anyway ...... remember it costs them money (shipping) to source a car for you from another dealer.
Not wrong there with the dealers, it has taken me nearly two weeks to get the VIN number from them so i acn track my Tig which is due Nov, one salesperson says they just have the order number other one says we can get it just have to ask someone else then get told they can get it but I am still waiting for it, they keep passing the buck

Torn
09-10-2009, 09:35 PM
love the knowledge of the dealers, they told me the tig had the DSG 7 speed, which i knew it didnt, when i took it for a test drive, i asked why it was only showing D6 on the MFD and he promptly advised that i wasnt going fast enough, hehe