PDA

View Full Version : Paint pens from Skoda

indulis
21-08-2009, 11:59 PM
For the princely (or princessly) sum of about $15 you can get a paint pen from Skoda to fix up any scratches that happen to your car. Your local Skoda dealer can order the touchup paint pens, just give them the part number. I got mine today. There is also a can of spray paint which you can buy- I have mine on order, think it was about $25. Well worth it I think!

My Mazda came with a small tin of matching paint, it'd be nice if the Oz Skoda dealers included a touch-up pen in the deal.

Web site address to follow, think I used the UK Skoda official web site to find the right paint colour and part number for the pen.

woofy
22-08-2009, 01:40 PM
That's interesting, I accidentally turned on the car while the wipers were up taking off a chip of paint. I took it into the dealer and asked if I could have something like that or a can of touch up paint. I was told the paint is hardened much like aryldite and that if they gave me a can of paint it would be solid, so recommended getting it done by a guy they use. Cost me $120 to get the two scrapes fixed but they have clear coat over them and it looks like new.

Funny how the story changes.....

indulis
22-08-2009, 03:09 PM
The touch up pen is a Skoda part number, but isnt in the accessory brochure, so of course the dealers don't know about it! :rolleyes:

I found it myself googling for a paint pen supplier in Australia that might have a close match in colour, as my car has a small scratch on the boot that I don't want rusting.

A URL to help you order a touch up pen/spray can- to find your paint code check in your owners manual, it tells you where the paint code is in the long string of digits on the sticker next to the spare.

https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=10001&categoryId=70000000114&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=70000000105&top_category=70000000105

woofy
09-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Will have to get one of these now, washed my car tonight and someone in the last 24hrs has taken a chunk of paint off the side moulding with a door. Seeing as the car has only been to Bunnings yesterday my suspect if the 4WD that parked next to it, they parked close so we watched them getting out, but they were gone by the time we came back.

I haven't had one this bad before and I have to park lots of risky places for work, doubly annoyed as I parked well away from everyone else as per usual, but for some unknown reason that twit parked not only next to me, but close enough to make it a PITA to get our toddler out of the back.