PDA

View Full Version : V10 Treg stolen

Mr Messy
20-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Got this from police. Was it an .:R ?

Police are appealing for public assistance to locate a Volkswagen four-wheel-drive, worth about $130,000, that was stolen from a car dealership in Sydney’s inner west.

Yesterday (Wednesday 19 August) the owner of a 2005 model silver V10 Volkswagen Touareg four-wheel-drive dropped off his vehicle to a car dealership in Parramatta Road, Five Dock, to be serviced.

At the completion of the service the vehicle, bearing NSW registration plates CB 271, was parked at the rear of the dealership waiting to be detailed.

Employees of the dealership noticed a man near the Touareg for a period of time.

About 3.15pm the man was allegedly seen entering the Touareg and driving it from the dealership along Parramatta Road towards the city.

The vehicle was reported stolen and police wish to speak to a man who might be able to assist them with their inquiries.

He is described as white/European in appearance, aged about 30 years, slim build, 165cm tall, with short blonde hair. He was wearing a jacket, denim jeans, brown shoes and either a red baseball cap or a white beanie with a red line through it.

Anyone with information about the man or the whereabouts of the stolen Volkswagen is urged to contact Burwood Police on 9745 8499 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Arctra
20-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Oooooh. Gutted! And there I was thinking I had it tough with a smashed window :eek:. I'm so sorry for the owner of the Treg :(

The scariest thing is it was stolen from a dealers premises! And I suspect I know which dealership (considering the report narrows it down to Five Dock). Hmmm.... yet another reason why I will be avoiding them at all costs.

I'll keep my eye's peeled for that rego though.

Jayse
20-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Prob not an R50 seeing as it's a 2005 model..but a damn exxy model all the same. Unless they got the year wrong?
Thats damn awful luck..i hope the dealership gets done by the owner of the treg for this!!

Cheers,
Jayse.

gerhard
20-08-2009, 12:01 PM
A 2005 definitely can't be an R50, and it definitely can't be worth $130,000.

I think they meant 2008 or 2009 model.

The dealership should be named and shamed, why did they leave the keys in the car??????

Moonan
20-08-2009, 02:33 PM
The dealership effectively HAS been named and shamed!
The name of the suburb "Five Dock" will tell everyone in Sydney who it is.

goodfella
20-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Maybe the owner will get an R50 as compensation !!!