PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Attack

Spyda
18-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I dunno if anyone saw this (http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-generic-blog/hammer-used-in-violent-footy-brawl/20090817-emox.html) on the news.

It was my brothers best friend that got hit with the hammer. Totaly unprovoked, wasn't involved in the after game fight.

What the hell is wrong with people these days!!? Who the hell hits someone in the face with a hammer? who the hell brings a hammer to a foot match!? :mad::mad:

Bastard should be charged with attempted murder or atleast assult with a deadly weapon!

What is the world coming to when you can fight with fists anymore and random attacks like this are becoming common.

Just thought id share.

Feel free to share your experiences and thoughts.

Brisben
18-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I dunno if anyone saw this (http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-generic-blog/hammer-used-in-violent-footy-brawl/20090817-emox.html) on the news.

It was my brothers best friend that got hit with the hammer. Totaly unprovoked, wasn't involved in the after game fight.

What the hell is wrong with people these days!!? Who the hell hits someone in the face with a hammer? who the hell brings a hammer to a foot match!? :mad::mad:

Bastard should be charged with attempted murder or atleast assult with a deadly weapon!

What is the world coming to when you can fight with fists anymore and random attacks like this are becoming common.

Just thought id share.

Feel free to share your experiences and thoughts.

Yeah it is a shame society today hey.

I grew up in a very violent area, and although am used to it, moved to Australia to get away from it, it happens here but not so prolific.

Some people go looking for it, these days its not about whether you can fight, its how long your blade is, if its a 45 or 38 or whether its an alloy or wooden bat.

Things change mate, luckily as I have gotten older, I have learned about the places to go and not to go and also sense trouble much earlier and get away.

That said it can happen to anyone anytime.

Feel for your friend mate, its a crapper when you get caught up in violence.

WABIT
18-08-2009, 11:50 AM
yeah was in the car when i head it, i turned to my old man n said.... seriously... wtf? humans are retarted.......

dom

velly_16v_cab
18-08-2009, 12:01 PM
i agree with you ben, times have changed

i grew up in a rough city, lived in rough villages who hated city folk :rolleyes:
there was i time when i was tooled up but it was only because there was on of me and 12 of them....looking back it was silly...:frown:

you just never know what people are carrying, on of my best mate pulled a knife on me a few months ago (we was only play fighting) but i was shocked that he was carrying it!!!
really shock of the world we live in today...but i must say, you guys have it easy here, try living in the uk or usa!!!!

Mrk_Mickey
18-08-2009, 12:02 PM
That's way over the line that shouldn't have been crossed...hell, it's like you're in Darwin and the line was in Adelaide. Hope your mate recovers alright, and I sincerely hope that utter failure of a moral human gets life.

CatonaPC©
18-08-2009, 12:38 PM
It may be time to bring in a Rudy Giuliani style zero tolerance policy here as well.

As one who has been in New York several times, I noticed the change. Problems had not been eliminated that they have certainly been mininised by a lot.

I hope your friend makes a quick recovery.

Water Boy
18-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Who the hell takes a hammer to a juniour footy match :brutal:

Jarred
18-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree. what the hell is wrong with some people these days.

dubbed
18-08-2009, 01:19 PM
We live in a messed up society - random attacks, weapons, gangs, animal cruelty. The list is endless. I just hope something can happen to slow all this down.

I'm up for a fair one-on-one fight, but where's the justice when people get out numbered or start using weapons and kicking people in the head when they're on the ground?

Rocket36
18-08-2009, 01:25 PM
http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/funny-pictures-mc-hammer-cat.jpg

Seriously... That's just pathetic. Should be removed from society FOREVER!!!

Manaz
18-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Who the hell takes a hammer to a juniour footy match :brutal:

My guess is a mallet used to set the ground up - knocking pegs into the ground, etc.

Doesn't excuse it in the slightest, of course.

Preen59
18-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Waste of money putting people like that in gaol. One bullet is a hell of a lot cheaper. Scum of the earth.

Stuff like that happens here a bit too and it's usually completely unprovoked. I was lucky enough to grow up on the good side of the tracks and for most i've been lucky, but friends of mine that were less fortunate who didn't used to end up in fights with a certain stereotype nearly every day.. And this even goes back to primary school! They're pretty tough boys now and they know how to handle themselves, but why should you have to?? :frown:

SoVeReIgN
18-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I know this incident is pretty ****ed up but let's not pretend like this sort of violence is anything new to society. Since the dawn of time....

Preen59
18-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I know this incident is pretty ****ed up but let's not pretend like this sort of violence is anything new to society. Since the dawn of time....

True.. But back in the day if you did this sort of crap people would come after and kill you. ;)

rayray086
18-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Spyda.

Shouldn't have pixellated his face.

mikepologti
18-08-2009, 09:10 PM
luckily most places ive lived ive avoided violence and for reasons like this. i know no one can cotton wool ball them selves to the end of there days but ffs if weve supposedly evolved, why the hell do some people act like apes. i know a tiny piece of what preens talking about i lived in orange for 3 years and no offence mate but i dont wanna go back, never have i lived in a town where i have had my vehicle tampered with more then in orange(think i counted 15 times in one month). after 6 months of being there i got sick of it and took out the battery, took out the radio and left my doors unlocked ( i was sick of those idiots breaking the locks on my doors), so once they figured they couldnt steal it and there was nothing to in there to steal , they torched it instead. those morons like this clown with the hammer, deserve the very minimal that life has to offer. if they want to act like primates stick them on easter island so they can act like it, and hopefully not contaminate out gene pool.

Blitzen
18-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I know I may stand as a minority, but I am all for Capital Punishment...There is no reason for that person to have a hammer, and to inflict injuries that has been unprovoked. I have seen a workmat get his eye gouged out in a glassing attack in a bar for no reason at all other than he was a big bloke in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the guy who did it is still free...We, as a people have to make examples of people who have done wrong.

Preen59
18-08-2009, 11:32 PM
I know I may stand as a minority, but I am all for Capital Punishment...There is no reason for that person to have a hammer, and to inflict injuries that has been unprovoked. I have seen a workmat get his eye gouged out in a glassing attack in a bar for no reason at all other than he was a big bloke in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the guy who did it is still free...We, as a people have to make examples of people who have done wrong.

I'll stand with you on that one dude. :)

mikepologti
19-08-2009, 12:30 AM
I'll stand with you on that one dude. :)

x3....................

Spyda
19-08-2009, 10:35 AM

It's a hot topic. I don't think a government or legal system has the right to decide who lives and dies, they didnt give life and im sure their system contributed to why the person has done the crime. In alot of cases it's just an easy way out. There are many more poeple that hurt society more than the ciminals they put down like animals.

Anyway, my mate came round yesturday and he says hes not in pain but the right side of his face is swollen like a beach ball. He broke his jaw just above his chin, dispite being hit in the side of the face, he will have a metal plate put in.
We have found out exactly who hit him aswell, 19yr old with a criminal record. He goes to court tomorrow and then the case will be heard some time next year, they are saying he will get 1yr jail.
My friend is reciving criminal compo that the attacker is paying for.
He picked the wrong kid to hit, Mick Gatto came to visit him in hospital and he's an islander with a lot of dangerous cousins haha.

Still doesnt make scense to me that he can get off lightly when he brings a construction hammer to a junior footy game and aims for the head, but justice will be served i guess.

Oh and i got threatend with a taser gun in the city, in broad day light, while at uni :mad:. I grew up in the lesser part of broadmedows (literally the wrong side of the tracks in borady) and ive never experiensed this. He wanted some money. What a larf! We told him to give it a go but it wouldn't change the fact that we didnt have any money, so hit put it away and walked off. Later we thought, how the hell can he afford a taser gun. What is it with people asking uni students for money?

velly_16v_cab
19-08-2009, 12:37 PM
i am glad they have the kid who done it Dado:banana: