PDA

View Full Version : A Hoon's Sat Nite out At KingsCross

AGO41T
17-08-2009, 07:45 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/-/page/8#fop

Scroll down to NOISY NIGHTS :banana::banana:

Golf Houso
17-08-2009, 07:52 PM
the residents are complaining? You mean the pimps, hookers, drug dealers and bikies haha, these folks have to be kidding.

Car hoons are the absolute lowest priority problem in the cross at the moment...

gtimk5
17-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Some people need to get a life I think...

16v_kid
17-08-2009, 08:01 PM
love the little charade with 5 people in it ahahahha

ohh and the rotary..

mint

i don't know why there complaining, like seriously, young people are trying to have a life by driving around and pump music, whats so bad about that?

there not making any harm to people around them or putting them in danger?

:confused:

VDUB-BUD
17-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Thats like the people that moved in next to luna park. What do you expect...

mikinoz
17-08-2009, 09:19 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/08/comeonguyslook-2.jpg

maca
17-08-2009, 09:20 PM
As much as I love my car, I can't think of anything more boring than cruising around all fooly sik in ma Altezza bru on a Saturday night... (IMO)

Whubbsie
17-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Thats like the people that moved in next to luna park. What do you expect...

whats worse is the fools that live/built around Sandown park.... and now complain about the noise...what did they think it was going to be like it's a RACE TRACK.... yes sometimes for horses but also for CARS TOO!!

static1800
17-08-2009, 09:32 PM
whats worse is the fools that live/built around Sandown park.... and now complain about the noise...what did they think it was going to be like it's a RACE TRACK.... yes sometimes for horses but also for CARS TOO!!

Same thing happened with Oran Park and several other circuits, some great ones too!

maca
17-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Same thing happened with Oran Park and several other circuits, some great ones too!
Same thing happened to.... Brisbane :duh:

SoVeReIgN
17-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Obviously they don't know **** about sound, 90db is significantly louder than 83db.

SoVeReIgN
17-08-2009, 09:41 PM

Yeah, ****ers go in, buy houses cheaply and then complain about the noise so when the source is closed down their house prices go up.

People did it to the RAAF base in SA, last I heard pilots were doing fuel dumps near some of the offending properties in response. lol.

Jarred
17-08-2009, 10:17 PM
it's kings cross...

it's not like a family friendly neighbor hood or anything....

much worse things to be worrying about if you lived there

MattyT
17-08-2009, 10:34 PM
People did it to the RAAF base in SA, last I heard pilots were doing fuel dumps near some of the offending properties in response. lol.

I <3 fighter pilots.

gmx
17-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I really don't know understand why people live in Sydney city CBD, as well as Kings Cross.

Water Boy
17-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Lol at sick habibs cousin in the Cross... Id go there again just to soak it up! :banana: But who the hell would live in that area?

madglf3
17-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I love it how they call it justice or something when they egged the cars. Very fair reporting there. The other funny thing is that the offending parties are the ones who make themselves look bad in interviews, the presenters hardly need to do a thing.

Golf Houso
17-08-2009, 11:11 PM
I really don't know understand why people live in Sydney city CBD, as well as Kings Cross.

You're in the centre of the city (almost), you are surrounded by pubs and clubs and something is always going on, I'd love to live there, even with the morons in their cars cruising around.

AGO41T
17-08-2009, 11:25 PM
As much as I love my car, I can't think of anything more boring than cruising around all fooly sik in ma Altezza bru on a Saturday night...

hey its not that bad, they do up their cars so they can enjoy it, show it off and cruise it.

cars from all different workshops bring it out, great to see :banana:

its not boring if your into these type of cars and your cruzn wif mates.. its sumtimes betta then spending ****loads drinking at the pub :wasntme:

LOL and there not all habibs, but i can say 99% wogs :cool:

Blitzen
17-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Obviously they don't know **** about sound, 90db is significantly louder than 83db.

Hahahahaha...Yep. The noise level more than doubles between 83 and 90Db, so there would be no comparison between Kings Cross and Sydney AP. How residents can complain about the cars is beyond me!! I'b be more worried about the Meth addict knifing me to get my cash for his next hit, or the junkie ODing on my door step. Even at 83Db, they are 9Db off the allowable noise from a car. If you are going to live in the Inner City, deal with the noise!!
We had the same problem at Puckapunyal in Victoria. People surrounding the base would complain about us shooting Artillery at night, so they ended up putting a curfew on the things...I mean, the base has been there for over a century, its not like its a new development!!

Golf Houso
17-08-2009, 11:41 PM
How residents can complain about the cars is beyond me!! I'b be more worried about the Meth addict knifing me to get my cash for his next hit, or the junkie ODing on my door step. Even at 83Db, they are 9Db off the allowable noise from a car. If you are going to live in the Inner City, deal with the noise!!

At least it'd definitely be interesting haha!

Spyda
17-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Lol there is a BIG difference between 83 and 90db. I love the news, there so good at their job.

Cruizin is da shiz.

maca
17-08-2009, 11:59 PM
hey its not that bad, they do up their cars so they can enjoy it, show it off and cruise it.

cars from all different workshops bring it out, great to see :banana:

its not boring if your into these type of cars and your cruzn wif mates.. its sumtimes betta then spending ****loads drinking at the pub :wasntme:

LOL and there not all habibs, but i can say 99% wogs :cool:
Fair call, but I'd rather be clubbing or something.

Although, it is pretty cool to see what some people do with their cars..

Mrk_Mickey
18-08-2009, 07:21 AM
it's kings cross...

it's not like a family friendly neighbor hood or anything....

much worse things to be worrying about if you lived there

My girlfriend was born/raised for 2 years in kings cross lols.

16v_kid
18-08-2009, 08:15 AM
why did they ban easternats at sandown?

like seriously, there trying to take everything from us. You cant lower your car, you cant put a muffler on it ect..

and what now, there banning a 4 day event thats only legal for people to do burnouts,drags, drifts and cruise cause its to loud. WT*.

Blitzen
18-08-2009, 08:49 AM
why did they ban easternats at sandown?

like seriously, there trying to take everything from us. You cant lower your car, you cant put a muffler on it ect..

and what now, there banning a 4 day event thats only legal for people to do burnouts,drags, drifts and cruise cause its to loud. WT*.

Dude, this is about Kings Cross, not Easter Nats at Sandown. Maybe starting a new thread in regards to this may be a better idea. These are 2 completely different and unrelated subjects.

Manaz
18-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, ****ers go in, buy houses cheaply and then complain about the noise so when the source is closed down their house prices go up.

The same thing happened to Luna Park in North Sydney - people move in next to an amusement park, and then complain about the noise, so the amusement park has to cut back operations... Idiots.

Hahahahaha...Yep. The noise level more than doubles between 83 and 90Db

It's more like quadruples I believe - sound pressure effectively doubles with every increase of 3dB...

Even at 83Db, they are 9Db off the allowable noise from a car.

The allowable dB rating for a car is measured at an angle (45º IIRC), 1m from the exhaust pipe. You'd be quite uncomfortable being that close all the time to an on-the-noise-limit vehicle.

Blitzen
18-08-2009, 11:20 PM
The same thing happened to Luna Park in North Sydney - people move in next to an amusement park, and then complain about the noise, so the amusement park has to cut back operations... Idiots.

It's more like quadruples I believe - sound pressure effectively doubles with every increase of 3dB...

The allowable dB rating for a car is measured at an angle (45º IIRC), 1m from the exhaust pipe. You'd be quite uncomfortable being that close all the time to an on-the-noise-limit vehicle.

Hahahaha...Bam!! I actually did research the Db bit, but not enough by the looks of it!!

gmx
19-08-2009, 01:00 AM
You're in the centre of the city (almost), you are surrounded by pubs and clubs and something is always going on, I'd love to live there, even with the morons in their cars cruising around.

Trust me, you'd get over it within a few months, even if you're still young.

My personal pick would be 5-10km from CBD but quiet residential area.

fuzion
19-08-2009, 08:19 AM
My girlfriend was born/raised for 2 years in kings cross lols.

for 2 years?

I was born in paddo, grew up in paddo, darlo and the cross. I also worked in the cross when i was older in a few clubs and bars as well. To this day i still know a lot of the bouncers and owners of the clubs as well as organisers for nights etc.

The cross isn't close to how it used to be not even 5 years ago let alone when i was 18 almost 10 years ago! (my god im getting old)

Most people now see the city to be a 'cool' place to live, and a lot of business people move in to be closer to work as so many people travel over an hour to work in the CBD. At the same time its they're own fault for coming into all the noise as of course the city is going to be loud and obstructive every night due to clubs, emergency vehicles, people and so on ..

I think the problem is not the fact cars are really loud, as at 5-10km hour you barely hear anything its more so the case you have out side idiots "cruizin' bro" making noise on purpose and driving like spastics attracting attention ..

Its the same with Hickson Road, back in the day it used to be fine. No complaints no nothing, we all used to go down there and hang out... but then there is always some people who ruin it and everything got changed.

i can't "Cruise" through the city, maybe because ive lived here all my life.. its painful, too many farken idiots, too many people trying to start fights, hell you have to be worried bout getting car jacked now ... things have changed. most drivers have a single eyebrow.

Police and Council doing they're jobs if you think about it... News will always exaggerate everything we all know that.

But im sure regardless of where you live, if you heard a wrx with a 3" exhaust and a blow valve punching through your street every night and annoyed you, you wouldnt be happy either.

I deal with the noise, oblivious to most of it these days.. although those damn ambulance rapid response bikes are way to freakin loud!

Golf Houso
19-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Trust me, you'd get over it within a few months, even if you're still young.

My personal pick would be 5-10km from CBD but quiet residential area.

Your probably right, not many places with a garage either that close in.