PDA

View Full Version : ULP caddy vs Diesel

kellyjelly
17-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi,
Has anyone out there driven an unleaded petrol caddy?

How does it compare to the Diesel? (power, hills etc)

thanks guys

Transporter
17-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Diesel caddy that I was driving for two weeks was very good I didn't drive petrol one.
Diesel will be also more economical than petrol especially when you load it up. You need to road test both.

gregozedobe
17-08-2009, 07:28 PM
VW TDIs with DPFs aren't very well suited to lots of short trips and heavy, stop-start traffic. Not sure if new Caddies have a DPF or not.

Preen59
17-08-2009, 07:45 PM
The TDI is a very good engine (I have one). The petrol Caddys are a bit gutless and you won't get as good fuel economy.. But they are cheaper. You've really got to weigh up your options.

Test drive both and see what you'd personally prefer.. If it was me i'd buy a TDI again.. :cool:

kellyjelly
17-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks for your opinions.....i was tending to think the TDI was the way to go and ULP would be gutless.

So, we've brought a Manual Maxi Caddy Life this afternoon and i can't wait till it comes home to mumma!:dancer:

Transporter
22-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Congratulations, kellyjelly. How long do you have to wait for it?

Two Dogs
22-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Good decision on the TDI. We went TDI for the economy and the fact that it is just as strong when towing, with negligable increase in fuel used.

Wev'e had the Maxi Life for nearly a year now and it still makes us smile every time we use it.

The only down side is, it's so handy we don't get to drive either of our other cars (Alfa 156 and 33) so the k's are going on the Caddy. :rolleyes:

Crusty

kellyjelly
22-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Congratulations, kellyjelly. How long do you have to wait for it?

I'm hoping it will come early next week - as in maybe Monday (wishful thinking)
We're going to tint the windows and put the tow bar on towards the end of next week or the week after.

I'm really glad we're getting the tow bar put on as we use our trailer heaps for church stuff. (garden clean ups, moving people etc etc etc) I think the Caddy will definately perform better than the Suby in towing......not that the Suby sucked, i just think the diesel grunt will pull better.

I'm really amazed, well i guess i shouldn't be but.......everyone i talk to about Caddy's just rave about them. I think we've made a good purchase.

kellyjelly
22-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Wev'e had the Maxi Life for nearly a year now and it still makes us smile every time we use it.

Crusty

Hey Two Dogs, this is totally off topic but have you put seat covers on your Maxi Life?
(We have 2 very messy toddlers and 2 little dogs and i'd like to protect the seats for as long as possible.)
Kel

brad
23-08-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm really glad we're getting the tow bar put on as we use our trailer heaps for church stuff. (garden clean ups, moving people etc etc etc) I think the Caddy will definately perform better than the Suby in towing......not that the Suby sucked, i just think the diesel grunt will pull better.
Except Caddy is only Front Drive, so you'll have to take more care starting off. That's the one thing I miss about my Liberty - the ability to floor it & not get wheelspin (for those tricky T-Intersection).