PDA

View Full Version : It's official, GTI & GTD

Breno
16-08-2009, 01:35 PM
There is no embargo so here goes. They have both been certified for Australia.

GTI (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/32502_858588_RVD_31Jul2009103507.cmd)

GTD (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/32502_858589_RVD_31Jul2009103524.cmd)

philthy
16-08-2009, 01:45 PM
nice detective work!

Anfield
16-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Excellent!!!

I was hoping the GTD would also be coming out here. Hopefully at the same time as the GTi?

I wish they would hurry up and release prices etc

Lima
16-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the links. :cool:

PassatB6
16-08-2009, 09:41 PM
1.6 Diesel listed too!

Coaster
16-08-2009, 10:53 PM
1.6 Diesel listed too!

But only in Trendline... :( I'd prefer small engine, big features.

aeon
16-08-2009, 11:16 PM
hmm... only a 3 door GTI, no 5 door model? (same with the GTD).

85turbo
17-08-2009, 11:27 PM
guess i better start saving.

i see a CW 3 door GTD in my future....... :banana:

Jason.

BarneyBoy
18-08-2009, 04:45 AM
I'm surprised VWA isn't worried the GTD will affect GTI sales - the way they think EVERY car will! :rolleyes:

vwdealer
19-08-2009, 10:33 AM
But only in Trendline... :( I'd prefer small engine, big features.

You can get a comfort pack on a trendline to take it up to the same equipment level as a comfortline :)

RECRUT
19-08-2009, 12:42 PM
^^ Minus the 16" alloys, rear seat arm rest, comfort seats.

JasonP
20-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Apparently the 5 Door Golf 1.6 TDI Trendline w/DSG will be $35571 Drive away (full retail).
Can be optioned to Comfortline for $2200 (possibly same details as taking a 90TSI from Trendline to Comfortline)
Cars should be in dealerships within 6 weeks.

That's with the 77Kw version, not the 90Kw TDI engine.

DSG appears to be 7 speed.

PassatB6
20-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Apparently the 5 Door Golf 1.6 TDI Trendline w/DSG will be $35571 Drive away (full retail).
Can be optioned to Comfortline for $2200 (possibly same details as taking a 90TSI from Trendline to Comfortline)
Cars should be in dealerships within 6 weeks.

That's with the 77Kw version, not the 90Kw TDI engine.

DSG appears to be 7 speed.

$35571! when you can drive away in a 90 TSI for $27,000??!! No sale here.

JasonP
21-08-2009, 05:26 AM
Totally agree, although remember that's full retail with 7 speed DSG, with full Dealer Delivery added in.
You'd reasonably expect to drive away for $30k to $31500 range.
That makes it $3000-$4500 above a similarly spec'd 90TSI; about the gap between a 118TSI & a 103TDI.

With these new "transparent" gov"t ordered drive away prices, the above figure doesn't actually show what the RRP is.
You could always work backwards if you know the Gov't & On road charges.

PassatB6
21-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Totally agree, although remember that's full retail with 7 speed DSG, with full Dealer Delivery added in.
You'd reasonably expect to drive away for $30k to $31500 range.
That makes it $3000-$4500 above a similarly spec'd 90TSI; about the gap between a 118TSI & a 103TDI.

With these new "transparent" gov"t ordered drive away prices, the above figure doesn't actually show what the RRP is.
You could always work backwards if you know the Gov't & On road charges.

For $30,000ish I could be in but not for $35,000. And as you point out that's without the 10-12% discounts that have been around for the other models. The Chylld spreadsheet will eventually reveal all....:cool:.

aeon
26-08-2009, 08:28 AM
hmm... only a 3 door GTI, no 5 door model? (same with the GTD).

Ok, I just had a look at all the previous GTI mentions on that page, and they all list only 3 doors as well... (since 2005, even though only the 5 door was available then).

Lima
28-08-2009, 02:21 PM
GTD & GTI announcements have to be coming soon, surely. :cool:

Volkswagen Launches Most Fuel Efficient Model – Golf 77TDI

The new Golf range now features the most fuel efficient model in the Volkswagen range with the addition of the new 1.6-litre diesel Golf.

Powered by a sophisticated and efficient new diesel engine, the five-speed manual Golf 77TDI can cover 100km with 4.9-litres on the ADR 81/02 combined cycle. In highway running consumption drops to just 4.3-litres per 100km.

With a potential range of well over 1100km, the new diesel Golf not only delivers its occupants in comfort and safety to their destination but at minimal expense.

The sixth generation of the Golf establishes an elegant new design direction in the evolution of the iconic model.

In conceiving the interior for the new Golf, Volkswagen’s designers unashamedly set themselves the target of defining new benchmarks in quality in this class. This goal extends to all aspects, from ergonomics, through the feel and look of the materials used to the overall refinement within the cabin.

The new interior look is combined with advances made by Volkswagen engineers in reducing wind noise, including a completely new design of door and window seals, a new sound-damping inter-layer within the laminated windscreen and a new engine mounting system. The result is the quietest Golf yet produced.

The new 1.6-litre diesel, shares the same technology as the 2.0-litre diesel (103TDI) with 16-valves and common rail fuel injection. It produces peak power of 77kW at 4400rpm, while maximum torque of 250Nm is delivered between 1500-2500rpm. Fitted with a standard DPF (diesel particulate filter) to reduce particulate emissions, this new engine is not only one of the most efficient but also one of the cleanest diesels available.

Two transmissions are on offer, a five-speed manual and a seven-speed DSG.

The seven-speed DSG transmission uses a pair of dry clutches (as opposed to the wet ones in the six-speed version) to improve fuel efficiency and performance.

The pair of dry, organic bonded friction linings do not require cooling, making the drivetrain more efficient through the extra gear ratio and the fact that less power is required for the gear selection and clutch servo system. Measuring only 369 mm in length and weighing only 79 kg, including the dual-mass flywheel, the gearbox is remarkably compact.

In adopting seven-speeds, Volkswagen engineers were able to lower first gear to improve acceleration from a standstill. By contrast seventh gear has been raised to act as an overdrive function making it ideal for motorway driving with the additional effect of further improving economy and comfort levels.

The lubrication circuits are divided into two to maintain the purity of the oil. As with a conventional manual gearbox, one of the circuits is used for cooling and lubrication of the gear teeth, the second feeds oil to the gear actuators. Since the clutch does not require cooling the quantity of oil has been reduced from 7 litres in the six-speed DSG gearbox to only 1.7 litres in the new seven-speed system.

The Golf uses proven MacPherson strut-type front suspension to offer direct steering feedback, strong axle rigidity under cornering loads and minimal body roll.
Ride and handling benefit from the car’s clever mounting concept for the lower wishbone with separate mountings for spring and damper on the suspension strut tower, including a lightweight twin-sleeve damper unit and optimised spring rates.

The previous Golf’s completely new four-link rear suspension system was a major stride forwards for this market segment in terms of providing the optimum combination of handling dynamics and ride comfort.

The compact four-link layout features three lateral control arms – the spring mounting, the track rod and the upper control arm – and a trailing link at each wheel. Suspension assemblies are attached by way of a rear-axle subframe and, as at the front, rubber-and-metal mountings that are soft in torsion but stiff radially are used to ensure that the anti-roll bar responds immediately and suppresses body roll effectively. This combines accurate handling with good ride and low road noise levels.

The spring and damper on each side are located separately; the spring bears directly on the trailing link and the damper unit is attached to the wheel hub assembly.

The suspension geometry on the compression stroke generates a toe steering effect that maintains neutral behaviour or slight understeer in all driving and load-carrying situations.

Among the benefits of the almost neutral layout are excellent straight-running stability characteristics on highly uneven road surfaces and minimised tyre wear.

The Golf uses a third generation electro-mechanical power steering system (EPS) which is able to vary the feel of the steering wheel to suit the speed and driving situation: firm and direct when driving hard, effortless at parking speeds.

Other advantages of the system include its mild self-centering action, its ability to compensate for different driving hazards, like crosswinds and steep road cambers, and a beneficial effect on fuel economy.

The Golf features a sophisticated braking system, with ABS and ESP (Electronic Stabilisation Programme) as standard across the range.

On the passive side, there is a further perfected safety body (including additional reinforcement in the door area and optimized pedestrian protection), seven airbags including a knee airbag on the driver’s side and a patented safety optimised head restraint system for driver and front passenger.

As the entry-level diesel the Golf 77TDI starts at $28,690* for the five-speed manual, while the 7-speed DSG variant is priced from $31,190*.

* Prices are manufacturer list prices only, for the drive away price please contact your local authorised Volkswagen dealer.

team_v
28-08-2009, 02:30 PM
77kw sounds pretty piss weak.

I am all for saving fuel and getting good consumption but 77kw just doesn't do it for me.
Why bother getting amazing fuel consumption if your car is going to struggle to get up steep hills and will whine at you when you get to 100km/h

Lima
28-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, yeah, but that's not the point. The 77TDI was also on that list from the original post. So, if the 77TDI has now been announced, well, it shouldn't be long until...

:banana:

Guest212
28-08-2009, 02:52 PM
77kw sounds pretty piss weak.

I am all for saving fuel and getting good consumption but 77kw just doesn't do it for me.
Why bother getting amazing fuel consumption if your car is going to struggle to get up steep hills and will whine at you when you get to 100km/h

Never had a problem with shifting back a gear or two. 77kw and 250NM is enough to keep it going up hills anyway. Option up the DSG and it'd be fine.

85turbo
28-08-2009, 11:25 PM
my 1.9 TDI has only 77KW + 250NM and with the DSG, has no trouble getting me around.
will easily (very easily) crack 140 (more than enough for me)

Jason

aristocrat
31-08-2009, 01:34 AM
I reckon Yom is right on the money there. I'm in favour of the torque. With 250Nm of torque, you'd be flying up the hill, especially coupled with 7sp DSG, it will change down to the torqueist gear with smallest amount of fuel consumption, fully utilizing the torque band characteristic of that motor.

Anfield
01-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Ok it's now 1st September - where are the prices and details VW :mad:

pinzvidz
01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Ok it's now 1st September - where are the prices and details VW :mad:

Hey, they're sleeping in...

JasonP
01-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Prices should be $28690 + ORC for the 5 speed manual, & $31190 + ORC for the 7 Speed DSG.
Car is in Trendline spec, but if similar to the 90TSI, then a Comfort Pack will cost$2200 extra.

Can't find much other info; certainly not on the VW Australia website....

RECRUT
01-09-2009, 11:04 AM
As soon as I get permission from VW, I will post up pricing.

Anfield
01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
As soon as I get permission from VW, I will post up pricing.

Does this mean that dealers know pricing for GTi and GTD?

My local dealer is a friend of mine and he's not yet contacted me. If you guys know pricing i'll call them.

I just need to know if i can afford to get a GTD or if i should just buy the normal diesel.

RECRUT
01-09-2009, 12:54 PM
We have received pricing on the 77TDI.

pologti18t
01-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Dubbed the 77TDI, and priced from $28,690 in base Trendline trim, it joins the $33,190 103TDI Comfortline as the second turbo-diesel model offered in the sixth-generation ‘A6’ Golf.

In lieu of the standard five-speed manual transmission, buyers can opt for a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch gearbox for $31,190, while a Comfort Pack is a $2200 option that adds niceties such as cruise control, auto-on/off headlights, rain-sensing wipers, alloy wheels, a more comprehensive instrumentation pack and alloy wheels.

sgiles
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
It seems they've updated this page:
GTI - http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/32502_863659R_RVD_04Sep2009083344.cmd

GTD http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/32502_863660R_RVD_04Sep2009083359.cmd

It appears that the GTD will be five door only, and the GTI both five and three door version.

Sharkie
23-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Also see my post on the Golf R ....

Also saw a note (official VW) stating that the GTD will be released in Australia in May 2010 ..... deliveries to start end May beginning of June ..... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: