PDA

View Full Version : Amarok in Australia already !!!

phaeton
16-08-2009, 11:10 AM
From VW's Amarok Twitter page it states that
got a letter from my cousin from the beach says he's working in Australia now.

So keep all eyes peeled :D

http://twitter.com/vwamarok

swingn
19-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I have been told by my VW source that the car is not going to be officially released till next year.

Fingers crossed I'll be invited to the unveiling track day ;) :D

swingn
19-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Late 2010 according to the new letter I just got :P

V6Passat
14-07-2010, 03:52 PM
There is definatley one in the Brisbane docks. My younger brother owns a vehicle transport business and saw one last week...I saw it on his face book page actually and noted his comment..." saw this on the dock". There was only 1 and it was a browne/gold colour.

gavs
14-07-2010, 04:53 PM
THat will most likely be the one and early pre-production model heading for our sheep-enjoying cousins, namely to the northern island and the most vocal and persistant VW dealer in the world! Will be somewhere in the centre of the Northern island in the first week of August....

V6Passat
18-07-2010, 06:44 PM
THat will most likely be the one and early pre-production model heading for our sheep-enjoying cousins, namely to the northern island and the most vocal and persistant VW dealer in the world! Will be somewhere in the centre of the Northern island in the first week of August....

I can confirm after speaking to my brother again today that you sir, are spot on!! the one he photographed was out bound to NZ.

Umai Naa!!
18-07-2010, 11:45 PM
My thoughts are that it should be on sale here December/January.

I'm booked in for training on it in November, so I'm expecting it shortly after.

gavs
26-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Only 23 more sleeps!....... :-D

flyingfridge
27-07-2010, 02:59 PM
gavs, i'm jealous :tomato:

hazrd
27-07-2010, 03:18 PM
been looking at the photos of this thing, looks pretty good for a ute :)

but will we be getting the styling of the photos im seeing?

coz this ones not very appealing lol
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/vwamarok2-1.jpg

this one is though :D
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/2010volkswagenamarok01-1.jpg

flyingfridge
28-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Yup, we will get the styling you're seeing. Most of the photos are of the highline model, with the chrome trims and rear bumpers. There will be a couple of other more basic variants as well.

gavs
28-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Second photo is of the production model, the first is the initial concept car.

One will be here soon that is a Highline model with gunmetal paint....

barefoot
01-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Ben, has EuroNCAP or ANCAP tested it yet?

flyingfridge
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Not as yet.

Rumor has it that Volkswagen had an internal target of 5 stars which would make good sense given the triton and hilux get 4. We shall see before too long.

MultiplexMan
02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Is the Amarok actually going to be on the floor in 2010?

I was so disappointed when it missed last year's small business capital tax rebate cut off. I've been eager to give a unit a work out as a site vehicle - Cooper Basin/Pilbara. The wait has been so long we've just gone out and bought another HiLux...

gavs
02-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Ben might have more detailed info, but we have basically been confirmed last week that they won't be on sale until February-March next year, only because the Argentinian plant cannot keep up with demand already, that is just from South America and South Africa!

Sharkie
20-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, it's here and I'm bitterly disappointed.

The interior has clearly been made to a (tight) budget and while I know it is meant to be a commercial vehicle, if VAG want to jump up and down like they have been about "class leading levels of interior refinement and comfort", then I at least want some padding under my arm rest, not just a fabric covering.

That being said, the interior is still a nicer, more refined place to be compared ot a Hilux and especially a Navara, with a smaller diameter wheel, high gear lever position, short throw gearbox (but also very clunky!) and it genuinely doesn't feel like a dual cab 4x4 vehicle inside. Open that tailgate though and it reveals a chasm of a load area!

I expected as much, any belief that this was going to be VW in the normal vein of interior quality was always going to be incorrect given that it is meant to be a workhorse .... still love the shape though ...

AND

:pics:

Jmac
21-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Hey Sharkie they (VW) they wouldnt let us take pics on the drive day. i agree with the above but it is going to be a great contender against all in its field. Im sure we didnt expect too much with interior greatness.
Cheers
Jmac

hitoriko
22-10-2010, 10:01 PM
best thing that VW could have done in Australia. i would love to ahve this as my company car :D

Umai Naa!!
04-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Spotted a white Amarok on a car carrier heading south along the Hume Highway late yesterday afternoon.

Wolfgang
03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Spotted 8 Amarok's on two transporters heading north up the Princes Highway south of Sutherland today.

Could not get a good enough look as they were covered in all the protective stuff for transport.

flyingfridge
03-01-2011, 05:24 PM
sounds like the sneak preview cars are rollin'... now that's exciting news

phaeton
04-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Touring the country this month guys be on the lookout ;)

High-Fidelity
06-01-2011, 06:33 PM
My brother is a craftsmanship engineer at Ford and they had one in November to take a look at... no idea how that works, but he seems to get access to a lot of as yet unreleased cars.

He seemed reasonably impressed with it. I believe they're comparing it to the next iteration of their equivalent vehicle.

phaeton
06-01-2011, 06:40 PM
My brother is a craftsmanship engineer at Ford and they had one in November to take a look at... no idea how that works, but he seems to get access to a lot of as yet unreleased cars.

He seemed reasonably impressed with it. I believe they're comparing it to the next iteration of their equivalent vehicle.

Someone on here who works for FoMoCo. has photos have it here from Geelong http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f130/dual-cab-50145.html

velly_16v_cab
07-01-2011, 07:59 AM
lol...that will be me :)

It was being benchmarked to the new ranger.
I am not too sure of the outcome of it as i no longer work on the Ranger Project.

nugget1312
09-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Spotted two on the road in the last two days. A white one at San Souci and a black one at Cronulla.