PDA

View Full Version : Mid Line Or High Line Multi Function Display?

kimp1
20-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi there

I've just ordered a 2.0 FSI Sportline and while I'm waiting for delivery have been reading some of the UK forums.

Does anyone know if the Golf in Aus is equipped with the midline or the highline multi function display? The highline seems to allow you to do all sorts of cool stuff but my dealer never mentioned it as an option.

I'm kinda hoping that VW Aus is only offering the highline MFD but it's probably just wishful thinking.

Does anyone know which one I'm going to end up with in my car?

Thanks

Kev

eestison
20-01-2007, 09:01 PM
unless you optioned sat nav (from factory, not dealer fitted) you will get the midline cluster on the comfortline (midline). the highline cluster does not seem to be a stand alone option in australia - even so, if it were available as an option the dealer would have asked you if you wanted one - more options added likely earns more dealer brownie points.

the sportline should represent the euro highline models, so you should get a highline cluster.

hope this is accurate :-)

Tensixty6
21-01-2007, 08:21 AM
For Australia, the highline MFD only comes with SatNav. Unlike Europe and the UK, it cannot be purchased as an optional extra.

and133
22-01-2007, 03:17 PM
No.. you get the cheap version of display. I have the 2.0 sportline 06.

Which i am teaching my mate to drive manual on.. and he drive the thing onto one of those bumps in the carpark with yesterday and when reversing again pulled the bumper out of like its plastic lugs.. they are all snapped.. The bumper is sagging at one side :mad:

Its okay luckily... hopefully i can get someone to pout new lugs there or something... i dont want to pay for a new bumper.

Its a good car and goes around corners so so well...

PiTTY the continental tyres it came with cost $330.

I couldnt get one for a week either.. not without driving half an hour...

SIGH...

Its a good car.

srbsta
22-01-2007, 06:39 PM
i want the full display i hate the one cut in half :( only the USA gets the full one i think without having a sunroof......maybe i am wrong on that :?

PeterH
28-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I have a new 07 GTI and it has the midline. I checked the user manual and it seems to me that the MFD is a sub menu of the original 'Main Menu'' which is what overseas can get.
Other sub menus are Audio functions and the Convenience menu where I would like to have the option to change things at will.
Spoke to techo at dealer who says sorry, only Sat-Nav gets that in Oz, what a croc!
I am wondering if there's some way to change it using the VAG-Comm tool.
See http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/main_screen.html

Peter

Hilton_K
28-01-2007, 09:53 PM
can't buy the full display screen from anywhere??

I'm guessing all you would need to do is replace the instrument cluster with the highline unit and the activate it in VAG COM....???

PeterH
30-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Didn't realize it was a different screen (just thought it was different coding to turn the right parts of the screen on).

Lima
30-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Didn't realize it was a different screen (just thought it was different coding to turn the right parts of the screen on).

Nah, completely different screen. Check out Nav equipped car if you can (or see images below)...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/01/033-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/01/087-1.jpg

Subie25L
30-01-2007, 12:42 PM
What extra info does it give you ? Or is it just the option to change some of the convenience settings.

Hilton_K
30-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Has anyone changed there convience settings without having the highline?? Will the stealers charge you for it??

PeterH
31-01-2007, 11:02 AM
I had the dealer connect up their tool to the OBDII port and changed the 3 flash blinker setting (to off) for me, as well as 'Leaving home' (to 0).
Was also willing to change Auto Lock/Unlock and two stage unlocking, but ultimately decided to leave it as supplied (two stage on, Auto Lock Off).
Didn't charge me for this, probably because car was just a few days old and they thought I couldn't understand how to use the different functions.
Asked him to turn off the Seat Belt Chime also, he said not possible, as ADR says must be on for new cars now, and he has no method to change it.

Panman
03-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi - I'm getting my new R32 on the 20th, without Satnav so, I assume no Highline. I have access to the correct Satnav headunit through another source ;) - ie not at $2.5K Does fitting the satnav give me the highline automatically, or am I mixing things up?

fergVdub
10-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Like what subie25L said ...what additional info do you get?... as the only thing I can see is you can change setup without VAGCOM which may be OK but as I have posted earlier my resovoir indicator did not work.... is this an example of the difference, hardly worth the expense of your stealer has set your preferences up the way you want them.

cheers

Ferg