PDA

View Full Version : Decided to go with the CC

arbour
08-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi guys I am now a passat driver absolutely love the car don't know what I was thinking ignoring VW for so long my 2 previous cars were a land rover and a merc. The VW is hands down the best of the 3 the build quality is first rate and leaves MB for dead. Just wanted to know how many other cc drivers there are out there and what you guys think of the car?

cheers

Markybhoy
08-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I just went and had a look at the CC today. Great looking car and I was well impressed with the 125 TDI engine. Boot space is monstrous! The dealer made sure I had a good long drive too, which I appreciated. I'm starting a new job next month, so i'm going to do a salary sacrifice, bite the bullet and get one. Just not going to tell the missus how much I'll be paying or it'll be :brutal:

Out of interest, did you manage to get any discount on it? The dealer is saying $61.5k drive away and that's before options!

(note: I also tested a Murano last week where I was given a drive of around 3 minutes. When I stopped the car she asked me what I thought of it...let's just say I'm not a shrinking violet in my opinions! She didn't even say goodbye when I got out hahahaha.).

wowser
09-08-2009, 03:30 PM
G'day Arbour,

I have been driving my CC for around 6 weeks now. I must say I have been very happy with the decision to purchase same. The vehicle remains tight, have not had one squeek in the vehicle. On road behavour is great with the active suspension doing a pretty reasonable job when selecting the different settings. The best part about the car id the adaptive cruidse control fantastic for those freeway drives where speed varies all the time followed closely by the dynamic headlights.

White CC 3.6L, Adaptive Cruise, Cooled Seats, RNS510, Reverse Camera, Park Assist.

ps. Park assist puts a big smile on your face every time you use it and of couse DSG is great.

Rocket36
09-08-2009, 06:26 PM
park assist = waste of money if you know how to park a car! lol

I am jealous I couldn't get the ACC on the R36 but the CC suspension is crap and way to high hence I went with the R36.

tryingavw
09-08-2009, 06:29 PM

I am jealous I couldn't get the ACC on the R36 but the CC suspension is crap and way to high hence I went with the R36.

hey rocket tell us what you really think:rolleyes:

Rocket36
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
hey that's me! :D I always will

Programme
09-08-2009, 10:23 PM
White CC 3.6L, Adaptive Cruise, Cooled Seats, RNS510, Reverse Camera, Park Assist.
Good to see that you're enjoying your new car. I've been looking for a similarly specified car in Melbourne and hope you don't mind sharing what deal you got on it? (PM if you don't want it public).

I actually found the R36 suspension to be a bit firm. The R36 and CC V6 might have the same 3.6L VR6 engine and be based on the same platform but look and feel like quite different cars and probably will attract different buyers.

apom
11-08-2009, 07:09 PM

:stupid:

Rightly (or wrongly) I think Rocket is onto something about the CC suspension. On the sport mode it was tight initially but the rebound was out of balance. The comfort mode made me feel almost queezy and the normal mode was the best of the 3.

Obviously just an opinion. :rolleyes:

The ACC was a nice feature however I would hate to become used to it, get into another car and forget it was normal cruise control

wowser
11-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I am just the opposite, the R36 for me is too firm and too noisy for a daily drive. I am way past the boy racer stage and for me comfort, gadgets and reasonable performance are priorities.

If I actually have a rush of blood and feel the need for speed the composite clubman is my hoon drive. 300hp and 520kg = 0 to 100 in 3 sec. Goes round corners ok too.

Benem
11-08-2009, 07:46 PM
...If I actually have a rush of blood and feel the need for speed the composite clubman is my hoon drive. 300hp and 520kg = 0 to 100 in 3 sec. Goes round corners ok too.

what's your clubbie?

Rocket36
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Apart from park assist and ACC the gadgets are all the same in the CC and the R36. For me, I want a car that handles great too. The CC can't come close to the R36 handling wise without spending significant dollars on the suspension.

My weekend car is a 1970 Holden V8 so I don't get the handling in my weekend car. Straight line it boogies nicely though ;)

Radius
11-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Oh dear.... I must be really dull.... I ordered my R36 TO BE my weekend / fun car :emo_baghead: ..... and a really good mon-fri car too!

Congrats to the OP with your choice of CC.... we seriously considered it too.... and honestly couldn't feel a huge difference between the V6 CC & R36 on our test-drive route (inner-suburban grid-lock, hardly fair conditions to compare of course but essentially the mon-fri component of my life!). Interesting the CC featured in MOTOR's BFYB and received favourable comments for its performance despite "its intended purpose". And to me that's the crux of it.... the R36 and CC are different subjective flavours of sportiness with the former and luxury with the latter...

Some like Rolex, others like Omega.... For us, the inherent "wrongness" of a rapid wagon had ultimate appeal :D

Pana
11-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Some like Rolex, others like Omega.... For us, the inherent "wrongness" of a rapid wagon had ultimate appeal :D

Omega FTW!!! :D

pleung
12-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm over here in HK and just got my Passat CC 2.0T (no TDI's here in HK :frown:) for over a week; the car is great. It is a great cruiser, just sit back and enjoy the long ride; normally have it in "comfort" mode. There are a few places in HK where there are some windy roads, when in sports suspension and the gear box in sports mode, the car really livens up :banana:!

Can't really compare to the R36, I think it is a different demographic of people who would want the CC vs. a R36; esp. since the CC only has 4 seats and lower headroom (still trying to get out of the car gracefully!). When I move back to oz, I think I will still get the CC, but with the 3.6L and 4motion; petrol prices and road taxes are too expensive here in HK to justify a 3.6L car!

I have not tried the park assist yet; but park assist only turns the wheel right? you still need to control the brake / throttle and gearbox?

P.S. On the HK VW forum, I am the only one who has a CC right now, so will be tracking this forum closely to see other CC owners experiences!!!

Rocket36
12-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I would be quite happy to own the CC or the R36. Same engine, same gear box, same performance. The handling is the only CC let down or it would be in my garage now instead of the R36.