PDA

View Full Version : The wait is almost over...

WannaTig
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh happy days!

Only one more sleep!!

Pick up the new baby tomorrow afternoon, can't wait can't wait can't wait.

Hanging to see the new blue in the flesh, delivery lady says it looks ace :banana:

So macited :driver:

team_v
06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
New blue???
As in the deep blue colour that they get everywhere else or the same old baby blue on the Aus delivered tig's?

WannaTig
06-08-2009, 08:31 PM
The new Biscay Blue, well new for Australian Tigs anyway. Not the bright Catalina Blue, that was discontinued after they finished building the MY09s.
I think its the same that you could get on Touaregs, its darker, found this pic of a Touareg in Biscay Blue
http://www.worldcarfans.com/207101112035/photo1019/volkswagen-touareg-r50

Looks pretty shmick!

Sanman
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Is the new blue called Biscay Blue?
Available:
Biscay Blue (Pearlescent)
Shadow Blue (Metallic)
Indian Blue (solid)
http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/de3/modelle/Tiguan/zahlen___fakten/farben___stoffe.html

Transporter
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh happy days!

Only one more sleep!!

Pick up the new baby tomorrow afternoon, can't wait can't wait can't wait.

Hanging to see the new blue in the flesh, delivery lady says it looks ace :banana:

So macited :driver:

That is one very nice car. Don't forget to take a camera with you to take pictures right in the showroom. :)

Arctra
06-08-2009, 10:03 PM
From that Toureg pic it looks a very nice blue. Can't wait to see your pics!

DJY
09-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Mmmm photos please!!!!
I think the biscay blue is the same blue as the R series in other VW models...

I think it will look GREAT! I didn't like the Catalina Blue either!
Can't wait to see your photos - and hear of your "WOW I love this" initial experiences like so many of us have had!

Pullstarter
09-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Friend of mine just ordered a Biscay Blue arriving in December, be good to see one in the metal, by the way;
:pics: :D

WannaTig
09-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Here it is :)

The blue looks gorgeous, love it love it love it. I'm a terrible photographer so that is the only pic a managed to get in the dealer that hasn't got glare and crappy colour quality. Haven't taken other photo's yet, and will have to clean it before I do, the kids have walked 3 kilos of mud into it already. Aaargh blood pressure!

Haven't had a chance to drive it much yet, d'oh, but have noticed a few things that I didn't on the test drive!

Like the MFD tells me when to change up a gear - i.e. tootling along at 60kph I should be in 5th, or at 70 I should be in 6th. The controls are numerous and will take me a while to get used to I think :) I got the manual out last night. Dealer went through alot during delivery but I was lalalala excited and didn't take it all in :banana:

And I did get the Golf dash panel, all in white, but doesn't look as crappy as in those MY2010 pics from Poland or wherever. Isn't as snazzy as the red/blue though. Pretty sure I'll cope though :rolleyes:

DieselTig
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Your link makes reference to your PC desktop, I dont think we can access the photo.

WannaTig
09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I got that, how do I get a stupid bl;oody picture in this thing?

DieselTig
09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Sorry, I have no idea, hopefully some of the other users can tell us.

WannaTig
09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Sorry, bit snappy of me.

I looked in the FAQ about how to attach a file to a post, says there should be a Manage Attachments bizzo beneath this text box, and there isn't. Don't know how else to do it, bit frustrated.

Anyway, looks gorgeous :)

WannaTig
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks Arctra!

http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab262/WannaTig/?action=view&current=P8070079.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/08/P8070079-1.jpg

Arctra
09-08-2009, 02:58 PM
No worries :-)

That is VERY nice!!!! :eek: :bowdown:

I really like my Black Tig, though my first chocie colour at the time of buying was Mountain Grey. I'm glad I got the black now as I think it looks classy, but if I were to do it again I reckon this blue is the colour I'd choose. Very ncie indeed.

Have fun discovering your new toy. It's been over 6000km's of ownership for me so far and I am still yet to find anything about it that I don't like (that I wasn't aware of at the time of buying). In fact, quite the opposite. I am more impressed now, and happier with the vehicle overall than when I originally got it. I hope you feel the same with yours.

Pullstarter
09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Woot!! That's a nice colour!! Happy driving (and modding:banana:) :D

DieselTig
09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
This is what I call a classic colour that gives the luxury feel. :cool46: I only had the Catalina option when I ordered mine which I thought was too bright for me. Black was great but needs to be clean all the time to look good. Here in Melbourne we have water restrictions and cant wash the car at home (can use buckets though) :bangheadwall: I chose the Mtn Grey which I think it is going to look good with tinted windows. Will wait and see.

tiguan_hunting
09-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Hi DieselTig,
I don't you can still wash you car at home even with a bucket in Melbourne ... There was a time we could but that was a few years ago, I believe. Now on stage 3a we can't wash the car at home unless you are using rain/grey water.
To get around this I go down to the local self car wash place in the night when it is quite and bring my own bucket and sponge. Bit of a hassle but that's the only way I find I can wash my car unless you are prepared to pay someone else to do it.

Pullstarter
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Mint Waterless Wash is good stuff, make sure you get the premium micro fibre cloths too:

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/detail

I usually go to the car wash places the night before I use the Mint and high pressure rinse it then use the Mint next day when its dried out. Works well and gives a really good gloss :) Just make sure you have a good layer of polish on your car before you wash it with ANYTHING though. I found out the hard way that the dealer hadn't put any kind of polish or sealant on the car and I left swirl marks on it the first time I washed it, NOT HAPPY!! You'd think for $2500 deliver they'd at least put a coat of wax on the damn thing!

Anyway, DMS Dan can save it without too much hassle but still mighty pissed with the dealer. :brutal:

Bayman
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Check out all the blue colors available in Malaysia, a solid blue as well and brown leather available. No new dash on the brochures as yet.

http://www.volkswagen.com.my/home.html

Download the brochure and have a peek.

DieselTig
10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi DieselTig,
I don't you can still wash you car at home even with a bucket in Melbourne ... There was a time we could but that was a few years ago, I believe. Now on stage 3a we can't wash the car at home unless you are using rain/grey water.
To get around this I go down to the local self car wash place in the night when it is quite and bring my own bucket and sponge. Bit of a hassle but that's the only way I find I can wash my car unless you are prepared to pay someone else to do it.
At this stage I go to my local car wash and spend $5-$7 for a quick wash, a real pain though.

WannaTig
10-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Oooh Malaysia gets four blues to choose from.

I actually ordered the Catalina Blue, but was told afterwards it was discontinued, pretty happy about that now!!! I'm a bit like the colourbond ad with it at the moment :D

Am in Melb too so with the water restrictions I've been using Evershine waterless, borrowed a black car in between selling the last one and picking up the Tig and it came up really well, so expect will be that same on the blue.

Loving it... only complaint so far is that I haven't got to drive it much!!