PDA

View Full Version : Has Classified Section Rules been changed ?

RedMk2Gti
05-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Simply, can not reply ANY post in classified section (WTS, WTB, Car4Sales, etc).

Is this a new rule ??

I've always been a good boy to not post stupid comments in classified section, if this is the new rule I tend to not agree, however I'll respect Admin/Mod's decision.

velly_16v_cab
05-08-2009, 08:44 AM
yes it is a new thing.
sorry but the Admin has been slow in getting a notice out telling users of the change.

if you need to ask a question then just pm or contact the seller.

RedMk2Gti
05-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Fair enough.
Then I don't see there is any value of 'What's on eBay' Section, you guy may consider to remove it, just my 2c.

velly_16v_cab
05-08-2009, 10:20 AM
its always handy to know if someone has spoted something that another memeber may be looking for.

DubSteve
05-08-2009, 11:21 AM
But shouldn't we be able to talk about the item?

I was wondering why nobody commented on 17x10 Borbet Type A's lol.

AGO41T
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
we cant get quick answers from PM's.

its a stupid idea not being able to post, who ever decided on this should be shot:nana:

velly_16v_cab
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
its takes just as long to answer a PM as it does to type in a thread :duh:

steve, if anyone wants to tell you how to get some borbet A's i am sure they will be able to PM you ;)

not being about to reply to a thread wont stop you buying or selling an item.

next question??? lol

AGO41T
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
the thing is, the seller might not be able to answer a question which another member could.. so posting can help

velly_16v_cab
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
fair comment and i knew you would say that.

but the sell "should" be able to answer all questions..

doesnt stop you ringing the person and asking :biggrin::idea::duh:

DubSteve
05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
steve, if anyone wants to tell you how to get some borbet A's i am sure they will be able to PM you ;)

Haha Velly I was talking about the Borbets that I posted on the Ebay section 10" wide as and no one commented lol I thought no one likes them :D

I already got a few PMs about the borbets I want mate cheers big ears :)

evorobin
05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
People were just ruining it for others. If you look at other sites they have no issues in classifieds but we always have so the decision was made. Mods and admin need to concentrate on the other parts of the forum classifieds was a drain. Been a long time coming :)

BTW steve 16" borbets look great on a mk1 chief :biggrin:

RedMk2Gti
05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
the thing is, the seller might not be able to answer a question which another member could.. so posting can help

+1, always there are someone else who is more knowledgeable can contribute more information about a WTS/B item. Blocking any post seems to be 2 extreme.

Tim
05-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I can remember quite a lot of for sale threads that have been ruined by people making comments like "I bought one cheaper on ebay" or "that car isnt worth anywhere near that much!"

The way I see it the forum members have brought this upon themselves by abusing the freedom that has been in place. Unfortunately its like being back in school. When someone does something wrong. Everyone gets punished. No point complaining like school children either.

I can understand why the it has been done. I can also understand why people are upset about it. But do these upset people have a better solution?

AGO41T
05-08-2009, 02:15 PM
But do these upset people have a better solution?

leave it how it was before :biggrin:

brad
05-08-2009, 03:45 PM
People were just ruining it for others. If you look at other sites they have no issues in classifieds but we always have
So why would other sites that allow responses in ads not have a problem and VWwc does have a problem? What's different?

Perhaps they have come up with a solution to a problem that wasn't there?

29 mods run off there feet. WTF?

velly_16v_cab
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
So why would other sites that allow responses in ads not have a problem and VWwc does have a problem? What's different?

29 mods run off there feet. WTF?

the sites i used you can not reply to ad's.
i have been a memeber of clubgti forum since the day it started (over 10 years!)
never bother me...i just ring or pm the seller

Tim
05-08-2009, 03:59 PM

Perhaps you didnt read what I said. The problem existed. I dont think anyone can deny that.

Do you want examples? Heres 2 that come to mind quite quickly

Jarred posted a very clean car for sale for what should be considered a reasonable price and then someone posted in his thread that the car would only be worth half of that.

Several sets of rims have been posted for sale and the first response has been "keep an eye out on ebay and you will get them cheaper"

I think anyone posting something for sale has the right to ask whatever price they want for the item they are selling. If someone doesnt want to pay that price they can negotiate cheaper or not buy. Simple.

Arctra
05-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Hmmm. Can cBulletin be set up so in the sale section the seller has to approve responses before they're shown? This would help the seller stop crud being posted and keep the Q&A's public still?

Jarred
05-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Perhaps you didnt read what I said. The problem existed. I dont think anyone can deny that.

Do you want examples? Heres 2 that come to mind quite quickly

Jarred posted a very clean car for sale for what should be considered a reasonable price and then someone posted in his thread that the car would only be worth half of that.

Several sets of rims have been posted for sale and the first response has been "keep an eye out on ebay and you will get them cheaper"

I think anyone posting something for sale has the right to ask whatever price they want for the item they are selling. If someone doesnt want to pay that price they can negotiate cheaper or not buy. Simple.

or people just posting things like "great car, good luck with the sale"

Stuff like that shouldn't be posted, cause there was a no chat rule in the Classifieds. Obviously some people ignored, or couldn't stick to that, and hence because of a few, the rest have to suffer.

It may cause a slight inconvience sometimes, but I whole heartedly support the mods in this decision.

AusScare
05-08-2009, 05:11 PM
I've just opened a thread asking about a new car for me. I want people to post ideas then chat among themselves, maybe I should put this in the mk4 section then?

If people don't want chat, then open up the thread, post the item, then close the thread. People can view but not post in it.

evorobin
05-08-2009, 05:31 PM

Why would we change something that wasn't broke? :duh:

velly_16v_cab
05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I've just opened a thread asking about a new car for me. I want people to post ideas then chat among themselves, maybe I should put this in the mk4 section then?

if its a mk4 your looking for then yes the mk4 section is the correct place

RedMk2Gti
06-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Is the rule also applied to admin/mod ?

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=32462

velly_16v_cab
06-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Is the rule also applied to admin/mod ?

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=32462

yes it does....but i thought it was the 'for sale' section you can not post in?!?!

RedMk2Gti
06-08-2009, 08:26 AM
yes it does....but i thought it was the 'for sale' section you can not post in?!?!

Nope, EVERY section in classified (parts 4sale, parts wanted, what on ebay, dubtub, cars 4sales wtb) are all locked. :duh:

DubSteve
06-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Nope, EVERY section in classified (parts 4sale, parts wanted, what on ebay, dubtub, cars 4sales wtb) are all locked. :duh:

Yep thats why when I thought I posted 17x10 Borbets people would comment I got nothing lol :?

velly_16v_cab
06-08-2009, 11:35 AM

in the case then that you say then no, Loon should not be replying.....i will delete his posts lunch time:brutal:

brad
06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Another example here:
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=32561

How are these replies any different from what a non-mod would contribute?

Is there a deeper insight in their posts that I am missing?