PDA

View Full Version : G-day(sorry evening?)

JR.
17-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi guys, sorry i could not resist that. I thought i would say hi from the good ole (wet, windy, cold,) uk....
I have seen dubstar post on edition 38 so i thought it about time some of us brits said hello. I am actually impressed by how big this forum, and there are quite a few water pumpers on here.

here is my mk2 (just before she went of to the body shop post christmas)
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/01/moodybluemk2006-2.jpg

and a sneeky shot now she is back?
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/01/moodybluemk2021-2.jpg

still lots to do, referb bbs rs with stainless outers, fit coilovers, and possable engine conversion later on?
any way hope you like the look so far.
joe

86gti
17-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey mate! welcome! always good to have some more poms, lol...j:
Nice mk2 there..what are the plans for it?

JR.
17-01-2007, 07:14 PM
hi, yeah still lots to do i have had the bodywork done before christmas full rub down and respray in LA5U royal metallic blue, had the wiper bung, rear wiper/washer jet holes and rear badge holes welded/smoothed.
plans are just to get it back on the road for the summer (ha) :)
That means refurbing the bbs including some new outers from justmatz over here. And fit some nice coilovers for that all important lowering.

The cars a 92 gti 8v on 52thou miles? so very low for the age, but i think i will be looking into a engine conversion a bit later on .................

g60 more likely.....

are there any shows down under for you guys and gals if so where?

syncro
17-01-2007, 07:34 PM
are there any shows down under for you guys and gals if so where?

Nothing like ED38.

I couldn't believe how many Golf 1/2s, sciroccos, Corrados there are still around at the shows. I had heard about GTI International and a few others, but was surprised at the size of ED38 which I did not know about until Matt told me.

If this weekends run to Wollongong has the expected 25 Golfs, it will be the largest gathering in Australia. Remember our only Golf GTIs pre Golf 4 were 1990 models.

alex g
17-01-2007, 07:45 PM
welcome

glad i could show you our little part of the world

enjoy

JR.
17-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Nothing like ED38.

I couldn't believe how many Golf 1/2s, sciroccos, Corrados there are still around at the shows. I had heard about GTI International and a few others, but was surprised at the size of ED38 which I did not know about until Matt told me..

Edition38 is a great show and has really grown, but inters in terms of scale is massive, they have to use airfield runways as a car park for the visitors (mostly vw/vag) but that has not ment its always been a good show, but last years was the best its been for a long while so hopefully it could get to back to some strength.
there are picks of the early gti internationals (90s) on the oxford edition;s web site. mk1/2/3 mostly on 17inch rims

hay dubstar, "little part of the world" ha :) I worked with a team of lads from melbourne last year and they thought i was of my trolly being into vws?

brackie
18-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Welcome to another gentleman of the "Old Country". :) The VW scene is growing here even if the numbers of Mk1 are diminishing and the number of Mk2s was never large as they were never officially imported.

"Performance VW" magazine has been in touch with me as they too were impressed with the size of our forum and some of the excellent cars showcased here. They plan to do an article on us and our gtgs starting with our contributions at the DOTVW.

We have had a lot of overseas users register onthe forum however after a first flush they sort of peter out. Don't be like them ;)

JR.
18-01-2007, 06:12 AM
We have had a lot of overseas users register onthe forum however after a first flush they sort of peter out. Don't be like them ;)

Hi brackie.
No way mate i dont usually sign up to a forum unless i intend on staying, i admit i will probally chat all day long about mk2s? Its a madnessj:
I was viewing your old forum for a while and had wondered where it had gone.
So where were you from in the uk. and where are you now :?:
Aus is such a vast country i was megga impressed some you lot make the effort to meet up and chat? a forum makes so much sence.....

I will put some more picks up of my mk2 rebuild and bits and pieces as i am doing them, it will be good to get some other imput. It would be nice to see some more cars come from the southern side of the world

gtimk5
18-01-2007, 06:15 AM
Hi JR, welcome to the forum mate! good to have you here. Great golf, the Mk2s. They are pretty rare over here. I have had 2 though. 86gti has my one of them. Awesome car. Like what you are doing to yours too. Looks great.
I hope you enjoy the forum. we like having you here. We are all friends here with a common interest.
Cheers, Andrew :)

syncro
18-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Mk2s was never large as they were never officially imported.

.....What?

brackie
18-01-2007, 06:23 AM
.....What?
OK, Phill.....I was thinking diesel as usual.

gtimk5
18-01-2007, 06:50 AM
Actually followed the only mk2 deisel mk2 in hobart this morning!!!
Coincidence Brackie, or what??? :D

brackie
18-01-2007, 07:45 AM
It's diesel and you're driving a Mk5 GTI so get after it, stop it, hand out a flyer and get the owner on this forum!!!! :D

GoLfMan
18-01-2007, 08:03 AM
"Performance VW" magazine has been in touch with me as they too were impressed with the size of our forum and some of the excellent cars showcased here. They plan to do an article on us and our gtgs starting with our contributions at the DOTVW.
are you serious :D what including photos and interviews and stuff thats great, certainly puts us on the map!!!

welcome JR always great to see another Golf nut that understands.... you see aussies are obsessed with rice and head banging big V8's :(
we'll get them round eventually. ;)
what part of the UK are you from? went there last june and loved it, i plan to return soon so build up a UK chapter of this Aussie forum so i've got some golf nuts to meet!

static1800
18-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by brackie

Sweet!

JR.
18-01-2007, 09:06 AM
welcome JR always great to see another Golf nut that understands.... you see aussies are obsessed with rice and head banging big V8's :(we'll get them round eventually. ;)
what part of the UK are you from? went there last june and loved it, i plan to return soon so build up a UK chapter of this Aussie forum so i've got some golf nuts to meet!

hi GoLfMan+Gtimk5
I am from London but i live in the Essex,Suffolk area.....
(google earth "colchester") and i live in a small village in the west ? Golfman you should come over and go to some of the shows? there is a good video thats available to download from the last edition38 show it was produced by the southwestdubs boys. If you have not seen it i will try and find a link for you (it will give you an idea of some of the machinery that we have here in the uk and feel for the edition38 show)

...joe...

tommymac
18-01-2007, 09:19 AM
nice ride man :)