PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Bayford Skoda
02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself... My name is Heath Eustace and just recently I have taken over as Sales Manager for Bayford Skoda in Preston, Victoria.

I, like most of you am a massive car fanatic. I enjoy an active interest in motorsport having raced Motocross, Go Karts and Formula 3.

Previous to moving to Skoda, I spent over 3 years with Volkswagen so I have a good understanding of the product and where it has come from. My dealer group is very enthusiastic about the brand and we are looking forward to the brand growing.

Currently im driving a MY09 Black RS TSI DSG Sedan which I think is an amazing car.

Im looking forward to meeting some of you down the track and please keep me in mind if I can help you out.

Best regards

chris.
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
welcome :)

free skoda's? :D

Jake02
02-08-2009, 06:41 PM
welcome :)

free skoda's? :D

LOL (Y)
That'd be awesome!

Welcome to the club Bayford! One day in the far future, we should organise a massive Skoda cruise around a particular area of half-way between all-of-us (eg I'm in Sydney but all you guys are in Melbs). Also, do you think you could tell us of future Skoda news please? The Media can be quite incorrect, and what a better source to receive info from the actual dealer!

Thanks a heap
Enjoy them guys!

wombatoutofhell
02-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Welcome Heath-I bought my 2007 RS from Bayford in January. I'm still trying to find something major to bitch about-so far nil. Actually there's onw thing-I bought the car from Miles who said he'd find some lugage nets for me, Miles had gone by the time I picked up the car but Jonathon (I think) said he'd get them for me-still nothing.
Ok-minor detail and really not important-see how I'm clutching at straws to find a problem?

gregozedobe
02-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Welcome aboard Heath, lots of Skoda enthusiasts here, and by and large they are a pretty easy going bunch (much less deleted threads than in the Golf MkV section ;) ) Of course it might help that very few of us are having any significant problems with our Skodas (the only trouble I've had with mine was getting my dealer to set the aim of my Xenon headlights low enough - all sorted now)

I have a couple of questions for you:

What do you know about when we'll see the facelifted vRS's in Australia ?

When will the new EA888 family 2.0 TFSI engine (cam chains instead of cam belts) be fitted to Oz vRS's ?

pinzvidz
03-08-2009, 08:26 AM
When will the new EA888 family 2.0 TFSI engine (cam chains instead of cam belts) be fitted to Oz vRS's ?

The newer TSI engine is already in the vRS. My dad has a compliance 05/09 vRS which has the newer TSI engine.

gregozedobe
03-08-2009, 10:57 PM
The newer TSI engine is already in the vRS. My dad has a compliance 05/09 vRS which has the newer TSI engine.

Is it actually an EA888 engine, or it the previous engine with TSI badges ? VAG play very fast and loose with engine badges these days (Audi have even gone so far as fitting a TFSI badge to their supercharged V6, not sure what the "T" is supposed to represent, but it can't be Turbocharged).

Stan
03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
welcome to the forum Heath!

philz
03-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Welcome! and enjoy your stay.

The RS is a nice car, I'm a fan of the roomster.

pinzvidz
04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Is it actually an EA888 engine, or it the previous engine with TSI badges ? VAG play very fast and loose with engine badges these days (Audi have even gone so far as fitting a TFSI badge to their supercharged V6, not sure what the "T" is supposed to represent, but it can't be Turbocharged).

It's definitely the newer engine. Same as this pic below:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/08/wmdvfm-1.jpg

It's the first thing I noticed when I lifted the bonnet, completely different to my wife's MY07 GTI engine.

gregozedobe
04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
It's definitely the newer engine.

Thanks for that. From what I've read the new EA888 engine family has a number of improvements :

a No cam belt to be regularly changed (at whatever interval VW currently considers appropriate), so sifnificantly cheaper for longer term owners (and much reduced chance of catastrophic failure),

b 4 lobes on the high pressure fuel pump (instead of two), so should be better fuel supply at low/medium revs (no fuel cuts) and less wear on the cam and follower,

c Slightly earlier delivery of torque and power (mind you the older engine is pretty lag free),

d Smoother and quieter (less NVH),

e Has a simpler engine cover that doesn't involve the intake from the air filter.

The one negative I've read so far is that it will be different if you want to put a big turbo onto it (not a problem for me)

I gather the driving experience isn't that different unless you are really looking for differences.

anthony
04-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Heath,I had my Jetta serviced yestorday at your Camberwell VW branch.
They are all so enthusiastic about the brand,and are a pleasure to deal with.
Good luck with the Bayford group.

Bayford Skoda
05-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

The updated 2.0TSI engine is available now in the MY09 RS TSI Models...

What do you all think about the facelift RS to be released in a couple of months... Great looking car

gregozedobe
05-08-2009, 11:41 PM
What do you all think about the facelift RS to be released in a couple of months... Great looking car

I'm sure lots of people prefer the more modern look of the new headlights, but TBH I prefer the headlights on the Mk 2 Octy. IMHO the new ones look a bit "generic Korean" and don't suit the conservative styling of the rest of the car, but if the new OEM Xenons have Xenon Hi-beam and the new cornering function as well I'd be prepared to forgive them ;).

I thought it was a really cheap shot of Skoda to have Xenons on Lo beam only, surely it would have been cheaper to use the Bi-Xenon units from the Golf rather than develop their own Lo beam only version just for the Octy.

Do you know if Skoda Oz going to follow Skoda UK's lead and no longer supply a spare wheel in new Skodas (only a tin of sealant goop) ? It caused quite a bit of ill feeling, especially with new owners caught out in the transition period (before the brochures and web site specs were updated to show they no longer came with a spare).

code618
06-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Agreed re lights - my preference is for the older MkII rather than the new - but each to their own.

What would sway me is an updated TSI engine but with more kW (Golf Pirelli tune would be nice) rather than updating cosmetics.

Mind you I still reckon as a total package the new Octavia is a pretty awesome proposition for the money.

Bayford Skoda
06-08-2009, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=Do you know if Skoda Oz going to follow Skoda UK's lead and no longer supply a spare wheel in new Skodas (only a tin of sealant goop) ? It caused quite a bit of ill feeling, especially with new owners caught out in the transition period (before the brochures and web site specs were updated to show they no longer came with a spare).[/QUOTE]

As far as i know there are no plans to remove the spare wheel for the Australian spec cars...

woofy
06-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Heres a curly one, seeing as most people with RS here seem to have this door seal creak....is there a fix for it, a friend of mine who recently bought a demo from you guys is the only person I know who doesn't have it, so figured Bayford must have found a way to stop it...

GoLfMan
06-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

The updated 2.0TSI engine is available now in the MY09 RS TSI Models...

welcome matey :)

I personally think that the older style Octy was much nicer looking in the front.

In Vic we usually have quite regular GTG's so keep your eyes peeled ;)

enjoy!

wombatoutofhell
06-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Heres a curly one, seeing as most people with RS here seem to have this door seal creak....is there a fix for it, a friend of mine who recently bought a demo from you guys is the only person I know who doesn't have it, so figured Bayford must have found a way to stop it...

Mine doesn't creak-and it's from Bayford. Actually mine has no squeaks, creaks or rattles at all which I think is brilliant for a 2 year old car with 31000 on the clock. I've driven new cars with annoying squeaks and rattles.

vRS554
07-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Hopefully Bayford have a fix, I bought mine from them and have the door seal creak. I'm coming up for the 15k service, it'd be nice to know that they can fix it then

wombatoutofhell
07-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Now I have a complaint-about Bayford service. 2 actually. Firstly my car is using more fuel since the 30000km service-maybe not alot but noticable. Secondly one of my wheelbolts fell off today-the wheels were rotated with the service (about 4 weeks ago). Luckily it was found in the car park at work but it could have been anywhere. Of course I had to go and check the rest of them after that-in the rain before coming home. I'm grumpy now! I'll go fill in my customer satisfaction sheet now.

brad
07-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Now I have a complaint-about Bayford service. 2 actually. Firstly my car is using more fuel since the 30000km service-maybe not alot but noticable. .
I (& others) used to get that on our Subaru Libertys. It was for a couple of reasons.

ECU reset meant the engine had to relearn
For whatever reason, the new oil would emulate pre-ignition noises which would set off the knock sensors & retard the timing which dropped power & increased fuel consumption.
New oil starts out at (for instance) 5w-30 and after a few thousand kilometres loses viscosity (causing better consumption).

The other thing it might be is the new oil isn't as slippery or is more viscous as what was in there. Maybe it now has 0w-40?

Wheel bolt sucks. Ask them if they use a torque wrench or rattle gun. Should be a torque wrench to 110-120Nm (which isn't very tight - even my 52kg SWMBO can undo 120Nm with a 400mm breaker bar).

dazag
08-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Firstly my car is using more fuel since the 30000km service-maybe not alot but noticable. Secondly one of my wheelbolts fell off today-the wheels were rotated with the service (about 4 weeks ago).

I have a question for you - did you fill up just before or after having the service?? Aussie fuel quality is getting worse, so you may have gotten a bad batch of fuel which is causing the increased fuel usage - I know it does on my merc Vito at times. I'd wait and see after your next refill to see how the economy is going. What was the economy before compared to now?

Yeah the wheel nuts is a bad one, that's a safety issue and you should let your service centre know about that one.

I always request a copy of the service work sheet, so i can see exactly what they have done and what fluids etc they have used. Piece of mind for me.

But also being a mechanic (aircraft) myself I always tend to double check a few things after a service, I'm very particular when it comes to maintenance.

dazag
08-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Agreed re lights - my preference is for the older MkII rather than the new - but each to their own.

What would sway me is an updated TSI engine but with more kW (Golf Pirelli tune would be nice) rather than updating cosmetics.

Mind you I still reckon as a total package the new Octavia is a pretty awesome proposition for the money.

I like the new shape of the RS, better grill design I think, and suits the lights, well compared to the older shape. I mean the older shape is bold but really i think it's getting a little dated, so the update looks more euro I think.
Plus I like all the other small updates as well. So looking forward to when mine gets here
http://www.skoda.com.au/octaviars/gallery-pictures.aspx#
http://img2.netcarshow.com/Skoda-Octavia_RS_Combi_2010_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

jacob_1987
05-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Just yesterday I took the 1.8 Tsi for a drive with the new 7 speed dsg...

Beautiful... I want to cry !!!!

Its got a very constant pull and the gear box is like its constantly variable, the shifts are just that fast. The handles seems a bit better, I did give it a bit of a caning around corners and the traction seems to be less intrusive, but more effective.

That 1.8 engine is a charm, beautiful!

spellbound
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM

HI woofy

intersting , got my car august o8 creaked like mad , disappeared over the summer , never to be heard again , weird .

i would think that talcum powder might do the trick on both rubbers or powdered graphite .

cheers

woofy
06-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I know lots of cars ship with talcum powder that the detailers take off...It might be just as easy as cleaning the rubber for all I know. It seems to have got quieter recently.