PDA

View Full Version : Brand new RCD510 (MY2010 Tig) songs being chopped off at beginning on MP3

smipx013
01-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Hi all,

I have a brand new Tiguan with the RCD510 and I have a small issue that is driving me nuts. I have an SD card with MP3 songs and also a CD with MP3's and on both the first 0.25-0.5 seconds of the song is chopped off whenever I change tracks. Sounds insignificant but it is really beginning to bug me.

does anyone else have this issue?

I have checked the MP3's on my PC and on the ipod and they are just fine.

Talked to a local VW garage and they said they never heard of this before (surprise surprise).

Can anyone else test this out for me or share their experience?

thanks

Paul

tobyjug
01-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Hi Paul

I have only used a SD card which works fine. I havent tried a CD so cant help with that.
The tracks on the SD card were freebies from the internet using copy and paste.

Tony

smipx013
01-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Thanks Tobyjug,

Is your Tig Quite new? I know there was a firmware update fairly recently on the RNS so I suspect they also updated the RCD in the factory for card build in June/July.

thanks
Paul

Maverick
01-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been an update for the RCD 510.

The RNS 510 has had firmware updates as it's been out for quite some time now and it was the original third generation headunit.

smipx013
02-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks for that, Good to know. Ill see what VW say on monday.

smipx013
03-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Hi,

Just in case anyone else comes across this problem. My solution was to use a program called mpTrim PRO to add 1.5 seconds to the beginning of every mp3 song. This worked just fine and the program is lossless so no degradation of quality.

To be honest I could not be bothered to go to VW as I kind of knew the world of pain and inconvenience it was going to open up!!

Cheers,
Paul

clip
03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
What program are you using to rip your CD's? Does it happen with all songs?

Some programs (CDex is one I think) have a setting which you can select that will create a gapless playback (used for live recordings where you don't want to hear a pause between tracks). Sounds like this may be switched on if you are not getting a pause between tracks, and especially noticeable when jumping to another track.

MpTrim is just adding that gap, but you should be able to do it as you rip so you don't have to run them back through MpTrim. Hope that helps.

BTW, best cd ripper IMO is Exact Audio Copy (it's free and does an awesome job, especially if you're also ripping to a true lossless format like flac or monkey).

smipx013
03-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi,

will definately be doing this for all new stuff but I had 4000+ songs already ripped/downloaded so the tool did the job for those.

Cheers,
Paul