PDA

View Full Version : APR'd polo yO!

ryan_GTI
16-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Posted this on vwvortex, but ill post it here as well for the ppl that tends to avoid the 'tex lol

hey guys - this might be a long read but you may skip the intro :D

after saving for 2mths - i've finally got my hands on the APR reflash and my god its awesome!

i was a sceptic about reflashes before as they cost a small fortune and never actually been in a chipped 1.8t before - so i wasn't sure if it was worth the money.

anyways i did what every1 would do and dropped by at Guy's place to have the 6hr trial. I was surprised i didn't get any funny looks from either Alex or Guy as i'm only 18 but look like a 14yr old kid - this was a good sign as i dont wanna look like i'm taking it for a free joyride.

as soon as i reversed out of the garage the exhaust opened up and had a very nice deep bassy note to it - no need to change the muffler lol

what a difference it was on the road! feels like a total different car but keeping the stock feel. I brought my cousin along for feedback and he loves it more than i do lol definitely worth the money!

the car now has so much torque that i'm able to go up hills in 5th with ease - and city driving has become a dream. Power delivery is surprisingly smooth yet noticeable - and there was no major hint of torque steer!

loving this car more now - and thanks to Guy and Alex for the job well done and questions answered. ;)

gtimk5
16-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Thats great news Ryan. It certainly makes an amazing difference eh. So you can see that any "flashing" is probably worth every cent now?
They are a very fast jigger with it done.
Good on you and congratulations on your purchase of the polo.
Cheers, Andrew:)

Eddy
16-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Hoyhoy.
Guess what, your vehicle is now a sub 15sec. 1/4 miler.