PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Massa!!!!!

WABIT
30-07-2009, 06:32 PM
BEEEEEEST!!!!!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/07/schumacher_1451678c-1.jpg

Seven time World Champion Michael Schumacher has made a shock return to Formula 1 to replace his injured fellow Ferrari driver Felipe Massa, it was announced on July 29 on Schumacher's personal website.

The German legend retired in 2006 and is now aged 40, but the magnetic pull of Ferrari and Formula One racing was simply irresistible for the world's most successful driver of all time, who has pledged his allegiance to the team in times of crisis, and will pit himself against the young lions of the sport, in particular Lewis Hamilton and the 11 years younger Jenson Button. Schumacher is set to return at the European Grand Prix on August 23 2009.

"It is true that the Formula 1 chapter has long been closed for me," said Schumacher in his personal website.

"It is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate situation. And as the competitor that I am, I very much look forward to facing this challenge."

Schumacher indicated that his return is only to help the team for which he won five of his titles and, in particular, Massa with whom he developed a strong friendship as a fellow driver and as his personal mentor. "I will stand in for as long as Massa is sidelined by the serious head injuries he sustained in the Hungarian Grand Prix last week" Schumacher said.

"For team loyalty reasons I can not ignore this unfortunate situation," said the former Ferrari driver.

Reportedly, before announcing his decision, the German checked that Massa's condition was improving and asked if it was OK if he used his car until the Brazilian could return. Massa had told Schumacher "no problem".

velly_16v_cab
30-07-2009, 06:37 PM
i am sooooo happy over this news...MC will turn up the heat :):driver::bowdown:

dubbed
30-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I must be the only one not looking forward to him coming back!!

Lorenz
30-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Im with you on this one dubbed, he has had his time and won enough...

Blitzen
30-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm not either...As unfortunate and freakish as Massa's accident was(it blows me away each time I see it), I think they should give Marc Gene a return run. He is their primary test driver, and although not a race winner or multiple world champ, he is a good driver in his own right, and I'm sure he is pretty pissed about not getting a drive too.
(Let this be know though, I was never a Michael Schumacher fan, so maybe there is a bit of an underpining resentment there...!!)

evorobin
30-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Waiter can I get some wog sauce on my fiat 500 please...however I will now watch the races so I can see Webber beat him. I'm an aussie now! :drinkbeer:

TopBloke
30-07-2009, 08:23 PM
it will be interesting, watching the reaction on his face as the rest of the field go past him. alot has changed since the last time he pulled on the suit

gerhard
30-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Massa has to be the unluckiest driver in F1 ever (apart from perhaps Lauda and, of course, those who died), - he should have been champ last year.

The luckiest man in F1 in recent times has to be Hamilton, and in past times Damon Hill, Villeneuve, and Alonso. Why - because although they are all excellent drivers, they lucked into the best cars on debut and didn't have to work too hard for their titles.

The best driver of recent memory is Schumacher, M - why? because he did not luck into the best car at any time in his career, but developed a Ferrari shocker into a multiple winning car over multiple seasons. Only the usual measure of F1 misfortune prevented him from winning perhaps another 3 titles.

I for one will be pleased to see what he can do with the current dog of a car, although it seems to have found a bit of pace at the last race. It's a bit of an ask, though, for a 40yo, but if he doesn't do too well the haters will no doubt be out in force.

In F1 the car will turn you from hero to zero or vice versa in the blink of an eye - just look at this year with Hamilton out of the top 10 for the first half of the season, suddenly up the front, and Jenson Button suddenly nowhere.

Blitzen
30-07-2009, 08:54 PM
The luckiest man in F1 in recent times has to be Hamilton, and in past times Damon Hill, Villeneuve, and Alonso. Why - because although they are all excellent drivers, they lucked into the best cars on debut and didn't have to work too hard for their titles.

Only the usual measure of F1 misfortune prevented him from winning perhaps another 3 titles.

Damo Hill was extremely unlucky the same time The Schue was lucky in 94...You get that when a cheating German drives into you, but his luck changed in 97 when he tried to do it to Villeneuve and ended up taking himself out...Lucky Patrick Head strengthend the suspension for those later encounters!!

Rocket36
30-07-2009, 08:59 PM
MS has spent a lot of time in the F60 and assisted with its development. Kimi should be scared. Hell the whole field should be scared.

This is the best move Ferrari have made in a long time!

Webber? Win? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.... Riiiiight. Oh that's right, maybe in another 131 races... That's right! 131 F1 starts, 1 win and 8 podiums. PATHETIC!

Schumacher: 249 starts, 91 wins and 154 podiums! Best F1 driver ever. Second is Prost with 51 wins. Third is Senna with 41.

Oh and if anyone can explain how MS is a cheat, I'd be happy to hear it.

evorobin
30-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Massa has to be the unluckiest driver in F1 ever (apart from perhaps Lauda and, of course, those who died), - he should have been champ last year.

The best driver of recent memory is Schumacher, M - why? because he did not luck into the best car at any time in his career, but developed a Ferrari shocker into a multiple winning car over multiple seasons. Only the usual measure of F1 misfortune prevented him from winning perhaps another 3 titles.

I for one will be pleased to see what he can do with the current dog of a car, although it seems to have found a bit of pace at the last race. It's a bit of an ask, though, for a 40yo, but if he doesn't do too well the haters will no doubt be out in force.

In F1 the car will turn you from hero to zero or vice versa in the blink of an eye - just look at this year with Hamilton out of the top 10 for the first half of the season, suddenly up the front, and Jenson Button suddenly nowhere.

What I know about F1 fits onto a postage stamp but didn't Mike drive under Brawn for most of his careet the guy that gave Jenosn Button hope after it took him 150 starts to win a race?

I've seen Schumi drive a kart he's a winner through and through but he's had the right backing also...

gerhard
30-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Damo Hill was extremely unlucky the same time The Schue was lucky in 94...You get that when a cheating German drives into you, but his luck changed in 97 when he tried to do it to Villeneuve and ended up taking himself out...Lucky Patrick Head strengthend the suspension for those later encounters!!

Back in those days it was normal to crash and bash. Senna was the worst around that time.

Today's drivers are pussies in comparison.

Cheating German???? I guess for every winner on earth there are thousands of clueless people who "know" they are "cheats".

You should give credit where it's due - and Shumi was the best, his tally of pole positions, wins, titles, podiums - denying it just shows prejudice.

Arctra
30-07-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm a Schumi fan, and am very happy to see him make a return to fill Massa's shoes. But lets not kid ourselves. Than man's been out of the sport for a few years, and the reason he was as formidable as he was before retirement had a lot to do with the fact that he was in peak physical condition.

He may still be fit and all, but he can never be in the match-fit state that the other drivers are, and because of that I think we should not expect much more than a great qualifying session, and a good start to the race. After that I reckon the lack of track time, less than ideal car, and improved performance of the Red Bulls and Brawns of this world will get the better of him. I'll be impressed if he manages to podium more than once or twice if he drives teh rest of the season.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll say one thing though... his return will create an awesome amount of media buzz around the next GP!

team_v
30-07-2009, 09:15 PM
It will be good to see what he can do since he has been away from it for so long.

However at the Race of Champions this year he didn't do too well so i assume he will provide a mediocre performance for the races he is in.

TopBloke
30-07-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm not saying MS isn't a great driver, I'm with most of you, he is one of or the best driver in F1 but alot has changed and he isn't "match fit". There might be glimpse's of his incredible skills behind the wheel but highly unlikely it will make any difference to the season, which i believe has been the best one for a long time

Blitzen
30-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Back in those days it was normal to crash and bash. Senna was the worst around that time.

Today's drivers are pussies in comparison.

Cheating German???? I guess for every winner on earth there are thousands of clueless people who "know" they are "cheats".

You should give credit where it's due - and Shumi was the best, his tally of pole positions, wins, titles, podiums - denying it just shows prejudice.

Hahahaha...I know he was a great driver, but I don't believe he was the greatest...There is only one driver that is, and that is Andrea De Cesaris!!
But maybe I am just prejudice...
To me, MS is like Anthony Mundine, he is great, but you don't want to admit it., and you can't wait to see him fall on his face!!

Dubdubdubdot
30-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Rumors that he will receiving 3mil a race.
MS has still been driver and is a key tester and developer in both Ferrari's f1 and normal cars. I reckon he'll freakishly grab a win!

Spyda
31-07-2009, 12:28 AM
As if it wasnt boring enough, he has to come back. I was looking forward to see webber on the podium a few more times.

WABIT
31-07-2009, 01:36 AM
wow! All these haters!!! I even read a few people calling him a cheat lol, for what? The whole time he has been racing? Wouldnt you think after the 20 odd years of racing and the come and gone drivers who raced against him youd think there would be some body, anybody elce that would either match or beat his performance? Those 7 world titles dont get thrown at you, he obviously earned it.......

its funny because preseason testing this year showed MS the fastest out of both massa and raikonnen

Rocket36
31-07-2009, 09:41 AM
LMAO!!! Webber is a one hit wonder... I think it's so funny he has so many Australian fans (most of who don't even watch F1) just because he's Australian.

As for Schumacher not being "match fit", he has been as involved in testing and developing the car as both Massa and Raikonnen. He may not have had any F1 race experience in a few years but there are three huge practice sessions to get used to being around other F1 cars before qualifying and then the race. Not only that, he has always had the ability to start average or poor and finish on the podium.

I think most of the people against Schumacher just don't like that he's as good as he is. But for me, he's a true champion... Sure he has made some poor decisions on and off the track over the years but show me a driver that hasn't.

Can't wait for him to finish near the top of the Championship ladder!

gerhard
31-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Before I die, I'd just like to earn 10% of how much he gives to Charities.

If Ferrari can get the car 90% as good as the front runners, he will win a race. Unfortunately they have canned any further development on the current car - so he will have to drive the dog. Podium finishes are highly likely I reckon.

The F1 year has just become far more interesting.

gareth_oau
31-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Schuey's major task will be to take Hamilton out on the first corner!! j:

be interesting to see if his neck stands up to a whole race. i know he's fit and fastm, but will he endure a full two hours in F1?

WABIT
31-07-2009, 01:01 PM
OMG!!!!! i bet the people who think hes a fat unfit, kentucky fried chicken eating bloke have noo idea about MS!!!!!! Unfiit and not race ready!!!! WHAT! People dont realise he is a sports freak? He plays for a local german football team anyone knoow that? He rides dirt bikes, plays tennis in competition and is the cheif tdeveloper for an F1 car! just because hes not on TV racing doesnt mean hes not fit anymore!!!

geeza
31-07-2009, 01:16 PM
as a mad Formula 1 fan for decades i think this is an excellent move and whilst i personally don't like Mik-hail Schoo-maaker (as once pronounced on Australian T.V) he is simple brilliant.

if you think he cheats then then i think anyone with his huge ammount of competitive drive and pressure would push the boundaries of what acceptable /achievable

I reckon he'll go great and whilst i'm not a fan of "ze Red Baron" i hope he does really well.

and good luck to Mark - he got talent - maybe not as much as some of the the but the aint bad - the red bull is exceelelnt though as you would expect from Adrian Newey - i just can't belive how many breaks we've had this year! :frown:

if it was last year then we could have had a hamilton verses Schu battle! that would have been great.

STV4SYT
31-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I think we should not expect much more than a great qualifying session, and a good start to the race.

And that is what is required to win an F1 race, all the overtaking is done in the pits anyway, so as long as his strategy is no worse than anyone else then he has a fair chance.

Rocket36
31-07-2009, 02:35 PM
all the overtaking is done in the pits anyway, so as long as his strategy is no worse than anyone else then he has a fair chance.

Spoken by someone who clearly hasn't watched any F1 this year at all!

static1800
31-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Spoken by someone who clearly hasn't watched any F1 this year at all!

I have watched every race this season and tend to agree with him. While they have gone some way to promote more overtaking it's not quite at the level it was years ago but that is the nature of current aerodynamics. It is still often a case of who leads at the first corner wins the race.

Will be interesting to see him come back, I don't rate him higher than Senna or Fangio though :wasntme:

gareth_oau
31-07-2009, 03:13 PM
i respect Schuey, i'm not a fan and he did some seriously dodgy things in his time, but he has my absolute respect. it will be great to see him back in the sport again, even if it is for only a short time.

I cant see how you can compare a "fangio" with "schuey" as they are from different eras, with different cars, different rules, different budgets and different opponents. the only real comparision is with your own current team mate, and even then you might be the first vs second driver, with different backing and even different strategies on the day, and certainly (unwritten) team orders

static1800
31-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Not trying to judge Michael and Fangio together, merely who i have more respect for as a driver and as a person, same goes for Senna.

We have a month almost to wait until he races so will have to wait to see how he goes.

Rocket36
31-07-2009, 03:52 PM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/cspbiz/schumachermassaap595.jpg

Rocket36
31-07-2009, 03:58 PM
From BBC Sport:

But those who question Schumacher's decision might do well to remember a little vignette that took place last Thursday in the media conference room at the Hungaroring.

BMW driver Robert Kubica was talking about a karting event that he and Toyota's Timo Glock had organised the previous weekend.

"We knew that maybe Michael (Schumacher) was coming," said Kubica, one of the most highly rated drivers in F1, "so we asked some drivers and they joined us. We had good fun, a good day's driving. Also a bit of competition because once you have drivers - even if it is not an F1 track, but karting - there is always competition. There is always someone who wants to be the fastest but overall I think it was good fun."

So who was fastest, Robert, someone asked.

"Michael was the fastest," he said.

Dubdubdubdot
31-07-2009, 04:12 PM
WHAT! People dont realise he is a sports freak? He plays for a local german football team anyone knoow that? He rides dirt bikes, ...

Also an avid MTBer/adventure racer just like our aussie friend webber.

Mika
01-08-2009, 01:51 AM
It's good to see him back. I always wanted to get to see Lewis and Schumi go toe to toe and now i get my wish! Shame the McLaren's and Ferrari's are bit part players this year...would be better if both teams were at the top of their game.

I've been a Mika Hakkinen fan since Suzuka 93, and was indifferent to Schumi, but I've hated Schumacher since watching Adelaide '94, and them more so in Jerez 97 (although that was Hakkinen's first win). I loved every time Schumacher lost his temper, crashed the car, went off track, stalled on the grid, got owned by Hakkinen or DC, etc, etc. Without him, though, F1 would have been pretty boring for me. He has mellowed in his old age though.

I'm actually really interested to see how well he can perform after so much time out. Hakkinen did a test a few years back and was a second or two off the pace after 2 days of running...that said, he'd been out of the sport a fair bit longer than what Schumacher has.

SoVeReIgN
01-08-2009, 11:05 AM
As much as it is interesting to see him back, I don't agree with it.

While he was a fantastic and successful competitor, he is ruthless, a few incidents over the years have me scared for other driver's safety. He has nothing to lose, and everything to gain. He has no drivers championship or points to protect and no worry about not racing in all races or next season. Outright dangerous IMHO.

FJ Steve
01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
LMAO!!! Webber is a one hit wonder... I think it's so funny he has so many Australian fans (most of who don't even watch F1) just because he's Australian.

As for Schumacher not being "match fit", he has been as involved in testing and developing the car as both Massa and Raikonnen. He may not have had any F1 race experience in a few years but there are three huge practice sessions to get used to being around other F1 cars before qualifying and then the race. Not only that, he has always had the ability to start average or poor and finish on the podium.

I think most of the people against Schumacher just don't like that he's as good as he is. But for me, he's a true champion... Sure he has made some poor decisions on and off the track over the years but show me a driver that hasn't.

Can't wait for him to finish near the top of the Championship ladder!mmm...a lot of assumptions and stereotyping there.

Nice move by Schuey...only because he couldn't handle a m'bike. And as for finishing in the top half of the Championship by years end...hell will freeze over first.

Pergs
01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Will there be a possibility that Massa will make a speedy recovery and MS wont be needed?

gerhard
01-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Will there be a possibility that Massa will make a speedy recovery and MS wont be needed?

Fractured skull, no chance.

GOLFBALLS
08-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Yes schumi´s great. no question. But if you think he´s not cheated (along with ferrari as a team), or at least never used some very questionable tactics over the years, then i think i´d better sit you people down over a drink or two and school you!!!

I´ll be seeing him race at Spa in a coupla weeks and i´m still very excited to see him go at it with hamilton and webber, and especially in the same car as raikkonnen, but I wish he would just go away overall.

And i´m sooo tired of the webber bashers. Just STFU!

Peace:cool:

gerhard
08-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes schumi´s great. no question. But if you think he´s not cheated (along with ferrari as a team), or at least never used some very questionable tactics over the years, then i think i´d better sit you people down over a drink or two and school you!!!

I´ll be seeing him race at Spa in a coupla weeks and i´m still very excited to see him go at it with hamilton and webber, and especially in the same car as raikkonnen, but I wish he would just go away overall.

And i´m sooo tired of the webber bashers. Just STFU!

Peace:cool:

Yeah, that time Coulthard stayed on the racing line with a crippled car in the pouring rain and caused Shumi to run into the back of him - Shumi was cheating that day, for sure. No-one could be that fast in the wet without cheating, best to have him run up your ar$e to stop him winning. That's one way to deal with cheats, especially the really bad ones.

You Ferrari/Shumacher haters are just so bl@@dy boring with your never ending unsubstantiated cheat allegations.....you need schooling in logical thinking, which is a rare thing, for then you could document the proof so other logical thinkers could take you seriously. :brutal:

Blitzen
08-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah, that time Coulthard stayed on the racing line with a crippled car in the pouring rain and caused Shumi to run into the back of him - Shumi was cheating that day, for sure. No-one could be that fast in the wet without cheating, best to have him run up your ar$e to stop him winning. That's one way to deal with cheats, especially the really bad ones.

You Ferrari/Shumacher haters are just so bl@@dy boring with your never ending unsubstantiated cheat allegations.....you need schooling in logical thinking, which is a rare thing, for then you could document the proof so other logical thinkers could take you seriously. :brutal:

Even Murry Walker came close to calling him a cheat after what happened to Hill in Adelaide in 94, then Jaques V at Jerez in 97 in the Championship deciding races...I think he is a great driver, but he gets the red haze(NOT a Ferrari pun) when he wants something so bad, he has to cross the line to try and win...

Mika
08-08-2009, 02:29 PM

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/ostrich_head_in_ground_full.jpg

He was stripped of all points and disqualified from a championship for his Jerez '97 efforts. What more proof is needed? Even watching the race you could see him look across at Villeneuve, then very deliberately swerve into Jacques path

Blitzen
08-08-2009, 05:38 PM

Even Murry Walker came close to calling him a cheat after what happened to Hill in Adelaide in 94, then Jaques V at Jerez in 97 in the Championship deciding races...I think he is a great driver, but he gets the red haze(NOT a Ferrari pun) when he wants something so bad, he has to cross the line to try and win...

gerhard
08-08-2009, 05:49 PM

I've heard Murray Walker many times - a more english driver bigot you couldn't find anywhere else on earth ... I always loved his commentary but as for him being a judge of fact - well, he unfortunately has his feet in his mouth so often he couldn't verify adam from eve.......

Blitzen
08-08-2009, 07:55 PM
...he unfortunately has his feet in his mouth so often he couldn't verify adam from eve.......

But nobody could...

Mika
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfby7GaMXmo&feature=related

gerhard
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeAuQ2Xem4Q

Coulthard taking Shumacher out 98, after being told by his pits to let Shumi past and lap him. One of the dirtiest pieces of driving I ever saw. Anyone who has ever raced Karts will know how effective a quick lift-off or brake check is at crashing out the driver behind you.

But Shumi must have been cheating, going so fast in the wet........

Listen also to the comments about Mansell grabbing Senna by the throat.

As I said before, the drivers weren't pussies back in those days, they would frequently take each other out and there would be frequent punch ups afterwards.

static1800
10-08-2009, 01:34 PM
So Coulthard holding to one side of the track to let Michael pass is taking him out? Please he didnt see him and ran into him far and square, David held the line the entire time no malice what so ever.

Mika
10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeAuQ2Xem4Q

Coulthard taking Shumacher out 98, after being told by his pits to let Shumi past and lap him. One of the dirtiest pieces of driving I ever saw. Anyone who has ever raced Karts will know how effective a quick lift-off or brake check is at crashing out the driver behind you.

But Shumi must have been cheating, going so fast in the wet........

Listen also to the comments about Mansell grabbing Senna by the throat.

As I said before, the drivers weren't pussies back in those days, they would frequently take each other out and there would be frequent punch ups afterwards.
One of the dirtiest pieces of driving you ever saw...after a string of 90's Schumacher specials, a little Prost and Senna, I'm sure. If that is one of the dirtiest, Jerez 97 and Adelaide 94 must have come from the deepest depths of a sewer.

Sure DC should have moved off the racing line earlier, but in those conditions you've got no idea who is where behind you. If you get radio from the team to let schumacher past and you have no idea where he is on the track, what do you do? Keep going at the same speed and he'd more than likely get a stop-go penalty, move to the left and schumacher could very well be coming alongside him already.

Schumacher in both 94 and 97 knew exactly where Damon and Jacques were and did his absolute best to take them out. Everyone can see that without a shadow of doubt unless of course you're the ostrich wearing the red shirt and cap. In both cases, Schumacher had everything to gain from taking out his opposition too. It's an amazing coincidence that he crashed into drivers that were contesting the championship against him...twice...both in the title deciding race. Unlucky, racing incidents, hey?

WABIT
10-08-2009, 02:57 PM
omg enough crap about dirty drivers, who cares!!!

get over it guys, everyone acts like they are 14 and talking about what power ranger has better powers :banana:

dom

gerhard
10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
So Coulthard holding to one side of the track to let Michael pass is taking him out? Please he didnt see him and ran into him far and square, David held the line the entire time no malice what so ever.

Rubbish - he didn't see him? - he'd been following Coulthard for a whole lap trying to get past - Coulthard received instructions from his pits to let Michael past, so Coulthard stays on the racing line and practically stops.

No malice - yeah, right.

DubSteve
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
omg enough crap about dirty drivers, who cares!!!

get over it guys, everyone acts like they are 14 and talking about what power ranger has better powers :banana:

dom

It was definately the yellow power ranger :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

danish
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM
The funniest part is the Schumacher haters talk about him as though Senna, Prost, Villeneuve Coulthard, Hamilton, Alonso and other champions never employed such tactics in order to win :crazy:

Every race driver that has ever been any good has run someone off the track at some stage of their career in order to win. Thats what racing is.

Getting all uppity at Schuey over a handful of incidents over a 250 race career is just stupid and, frankly, only shows up people's bias against him.

I don't think the Ferrari is good enough for him to win a race in this come back, but given the constant improvement of the Ferrari car over the last few races I am willing to take a punt on it. He is paying $14 to take out the win after all :wink:

Mr Messy
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I caught a bit of Watkins Glen NASCAR yesterday and couldn't believe how soft those guys are. Marcos Ambrose pulled out beside a guy, outbraked him, and left as much room as he could by cutting grass with his inside tyres (ie didn't miss the apex and shove him away from the corner).

It was a clean pass with no contact and the Americans went into a fit, bitching about how Marcos dive-bombed the guy with a sneaky (in a bad way) move. They even went as far as saying it was unsafe as he didn't telegraph the pass early enough and let his opponent's spotters say Ambrose was up beside him. Crap.

Motorsport should be aggressive and a bit dirty. Look up ``Jaime Melo Sebring'' on youtube to see what I think is one of the gutsiest, grittiest passes I can remember.

Schuey was a flawed legend but a legend nontheless. People still talk about him, but Hill and Villeneuve? very much forgotten.

static1800
10-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Rubbish - he didn't see him? - he'd been following Coulthard for a whole lap trying to get past - Coulthard received instructions from his pits to let Michael past, so Coulthard stays on the racing line and practically stops.

No malice - yeah, right.

Show me a video where you can see Coulthard slowing

I have a lot of respect for Shumacher don't get me wrong, but he did some things that tarnished his reputation i.e 94 and 97 that can't be reverted.

He is/was an amazingly talented driver I personally rate him lower than several other because of these "incidents"

danish
10-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Show me a video where you can see Coulthard slowing

I have a lot of respect for Shumacher don't get me wrong, but he did some things that tarnished his reputation i.e 94 and 97 that can't be reverted.

He is/was an amazingly talented driver I personally rate him lower than several other because of these "incidents"

And how much do you take off of, say, Prost and Senna for the multiple times they each punted each other and others off the track?

:EDIT: as to Coulthard.... what more evidence do you need that he slowed down besides the fact Schumacher came up on him so fast that he first of all could not stop, clearly pointing to Coulthard standing on the brakes unexpectedly, and the force at which he hit him?

He clearly stopped in front of him. Its not as though Schumachers car suddenly accelerated straight up the back of him.

Blitzen
10-08-2009, 07:02 PM
And how much do you take off of, say, Prost and Senna for the multiple times they each punted each other and others off the track?

:EDIT: as to Coulthard.... what more evidence do you need that he slowed down besides the fact Schumacher came up on him so fast that he first of all could not stop, clearly pointing to Coulthard standing on the brakes unexpectedly, and the force at which he hit him?

He clearly stopped in front of him. Its not as though Schumachers car suddenly accelerated straight up the back of him.

Schuie invaded Couthards rear end like the Germans taking Poland!! He is a dirty cheating, mean man!! Nothing like that Gentleman Racer Mansell!!:biggrin:

Manaz
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Nothing like that Gentleman Racer Mansell!!:biggrin:

Mansell was too boring to cheat.

:banana:

static1800
11-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Not sure if it is 100% confirmed yet....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8186319.stm

Rocket36
11-08-2009, 06:09 PM
DOH! That sux! :( Was so looking forward to watching him race again...

No457 Snowy
12-08-2009, 08:17 AM
At least he'll have his new 12,000 Euro helmet as a mantle piece keepsake!

Helmet manufacturer Schuberth has reacted to Felipe Massa’s Hungarian Grand Prix accident by developing an upgraded version of the design used by the Ferrari driver.

Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher will launch the new model later this month at the European GP in Valencia, where he is set to return to Formula 1 as a high-profile stand-in for his former team-mate Massa.

The Brazilian suffered a fractured skull and brain concussion after being hit in the head by a spring weighing 800g that had detached itself from the rear suspension of Rubens Barrichello’s Brawn car.

Although Massa’s lightweight carbon fibre helmet stood up well to the impact – testifying to the efficacy of stringent safety standards introduced by the FIA in 2004 – the left visor mounting was knocked off.

Schuberth has therefore reinforced the mounting point between the helmet and visor with a titanium disc, a change it says will double the strength of the mounting.

“Felipe’s visor only came off when the doctors pulled on it,” Schuberth’s Oliver Schimpf told German newspaper Bild.

“But we have inserted a titanium disc at the transition from the visor to the helmet where before there was only plastic.

“It is a reaction to the accident.”

Schumacher’s new €12,000 Schuberth RF1 lid sports a revised livery designed by Jens Munser, with a barcode-style cluster of white stripes below the top white band and some Mandarin script on a black background behind the visor on either side.

On the right side of the helmet, the names of Schumacher and his son Mick are written in Chinese characters, while the names of his wife Corinna and daughter Gina Maria appear on the right side and a dragon adorns the rear.

The seven stars denoting his record number of F1 world titles remain on the top of the helmet.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/attachments/latest-news/16957d1249908760-michael-schumacher-launches-upgraded-helmet-michael-schumacher-tests-idm-international-u0hihlt_febl.jpg

Snowy :)