PDA

View Full Version : Any 2.0 TDI RS drivers here?

VRS-Vic
29-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi guys...Just wondering if anyone else here drives the Diesel RS here, or does everyone have the Petrol version? :)

pinzvidz
29-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I've seen a few of the sigs of some of our fellow users here with the words (V)RS and TDi in the same sentence. My dad was considering going diesel at one stage, and might've even considered the RS TDi, but went with a RS TSI instead, which, btw, is an awesome motor vehicle! < you'll find that I'll keep saying this, over and over, I just love the RS!

Jake02
29-07-2009, 09:00 PM
VRS_Vic,
Sorry but yeah I have petrol (lol I make it sound like a bad thing!). I originally ordered an Elegance 2.0TDI wagon, but found I could have an RS hatch (the boot is almost the same so I wasn't bovvvered) for only $1k more! I LOVE it! :D
I just don't like the dealer though...

dazag
30-07-2009, 06:25 AM
I have an order in for the new Face Lift Octavia RS Wagon 2.0 TDI and pick it up mid September. I test drove most of the Octavia range, and opted for the TDI over the TFSI only because of the torque & economy difference - I'll be towing an enclosed bike trailer behind it, so it's what swayed me. Otherwise i think I would have gone for the TFSI - that had a sweet sound and very responsive - and the wife loved driving it also.

paul_segr
31-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Like dazag I have just ordered a facelifted RS TDi Wagon, Black with manual box. Hopefully should be delivered mid September. I am looking forward to it.

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
31-07-2009, 09:27 PM
You can probably tell by my username - yes you have one here.

I have a Racing Blue 2009 Octavia RS TDi DSG Wagon. Only 4 weeks old and bought from Richmod Skoda.

Must say I am rapted with it. I'm driving quite regularly between Melbourne & Mildura currently and the diesel is great for the trip and uses bugger all fuel.

Cheers

Ocy

woofy
31-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Ah who sold it to you at Richmond.....I work just near them so got mine there last year...same colour but petrol and a hatch. Also moving to pretty much Blackburn at the end of next week so might pass you sometime around the traps.

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
31-07-2009, 11:20 PM
It'll be good to see another Octavia around Blackburn. C ya aorund. Cheers :)

chisler
02-08-2009, 06:46 PM
been driving a octavia RS TDI sedan for about 7 months now, still loving it.

VRS-Vic
03-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I also bought mine from Richmond Skoda just over a month ago.

Mine is a white wagon RS with a DSG gearbox.

so far, so good. I love the fuel ecomony with Diesel. It just keeps going and going.

I'm still finding it hard to get used to the gearbox thou.

When i accelerate from a stand still, it tends to jerk once and then gets going. Not sure if that's a deisel thing or the gear box.

Does anyone else have this issue?

indulis
03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Have the same behaviour on my Renault. If you take off slowly it is gentle, if you push down hard on the accelerator, it "drops the clutch" just like you would do if you are trying to get going quickly.

At least that is my theory!

dazag
04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Like dazag I have just ordered a facelifted RS TDi Wagon, Black with manual box. Hopefully should be delivered mid September. I am looking forward to it.

So Paul, getting any other options fitted to your RS??

I'm getting a Brilliant Silver coloured one - hides the paint chips etc a little easier then the dark cars ( I've owned mostly dark coloured cars so time for a change), with Tinting & tow bar.

Kind of wishing I had of got a quote on the Nav/DVD Stereo, after doing some research into it they are a good little unit. I can buy one from the US for around $630 USD, but unsure what maps etc would be loaded onto it. But would have been good with the inbuilt hard drive etc, and then connecting it into an extended entertainment system.

I do a little video camera/edit work with Dirt bike events etc, and i've been thinking the Skoda ads are crap, so been trying to work out something i can possibly shoot and edit that might be appealing and see if VW/Skoda are interested..... Might have to catch up with ya sometime Paul, put the Black & silver side by side.......

paul_segr
05-08-2009, 08:09 AM
So Paul, getting any other options fitted to your RS??

I'm getting a Brilliant Silver coloured one - hides the paint chips etc a little easier then the dark cars ( I've owned mostly dark coloured cars so time for a change), with Tinting & tow bar.

Kind of wishing I had of got a quote on the Nav/DVD Stereo, after doing some research into it they are a good little unit. I can buy one from the US for around $630 USD, but unsure what maps etc would be loaded onto it. But would have been good with the inbuilt hard drive etc, and then connecting it into an extended entertainment system.

I do a little video camera/edit work with Dirt bike events etc, and i've been thinking the Skoda ads are crap, so been trying to work out something i can possibly shoot and edit that might be appealing and see if VW/Skoda are interested..... Might have to catch up with ya sometime Paul, put the Black & silver side by side.......

I didn't get any options fitted, I was orginally going to get a Candy White one, but was told I would probably have to wait until sometime in November, however, the dealer found a Black and Racing Blue TDI Wagon in manual coming in early September that hadn't been sold, so I jumped on the Black one.

dazag
05-08-2009, 09:22 AM
I didn't get any options fitted, I was orginally going to get a Candy White one, but was told I would probably have to wait until sometime in November, however, the dealer found a Black and Racing Blue TDI Wagon in manual coming in early September that hadn't been sold, so I jumped on the Black one.

Yeah there wasn't too many of the manual vRS's coming in so a good catch.
I think we are getting the only Silver vRS TDI Wagon with DSG in this shipment.

I have family in Canberra and I'm sure we'll be down that way between Sept & christmas so will have to keep an eye out for your black wagon and throw ya a wave.