PDA

View Full Version : white paint, bugs & kero?

clip
26-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Ok, I know all the good polishes and waxes etc. but what do you guys do to get rid of those bloody bugs that stick like glue all over the front of the car. We've got a plague of them at the moment :mad: and car wash is useless. Someone said use some kero in with the car wash?

Pullstarter
26-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Don't know if I'd be prepared to use Kero, sounds a bit risky to me. There's plenty of bug and tar remover products around, think i'd give those a go first.

Tigga1
26-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Ok, I know all the good polishes and waxes etc. but what do you guys do to get rid of those bloody bugs that stick like glue all over the front of the car. We've got a plague of them at the moment :mad: and car wash is useless. Someone said use some kero in with the car wash?

clip, after my drive back from the coast, Tigga was covered in bugs and dirt...a normal carwash with soft rag or sponge and WARM water, just slowly soaks it off, maybe 3-4 goes, no elbow grease required.

hoope it helps

mattyb
26-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey Clip.

I'de recommend the kero and a rag. You only need a small amount on a rag, I wouldnt add it to the whole wash, and just wipe /wash it off after your done.

The kero will also work a treat on the road grime and tar that you get too.

Matt

NZTiguan
27-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Don't quote me on this one cos I haven't tried it myself BUT there's a theory out there that WD40 or CRC does a great job as long as you wash it well immediately afterwards to get rid of the "product". Guess it has a similar effect to kero.