PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie - ordered my new Tig today

mickofoz
21-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi all, I'm another newbie to this Forum. I ordered my new Tiguan today. They tell me it will take 3 months for delivery.
These are my specs:
125TSI
Black outer/ black cloth interior
Comfort package
RNS510
Rear View Camera
Off Road Pack
Park Assist
Bluetooth

Is there any way I can check the progress/delivery of my new Tig?

Has anyone got experience with the addon unit which goes inline with the power/data cable at the back of the RNS510 to allow DVD viewing while driving? Is it worth the 100 Euros plus shipping from Germany?
What about the Digital TV tuner addon?

Looking forward to many more posts here...

Mike

Sanman
22-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Sounds like quite a wepaon. congrats!
Look around the threads, once you know the VIN Number of the vehicle, you can find out what ship it is loaded on, and arrival and custom release dates.
Add two weeks to get it to the dealer and PD'd

The RNS-510 is a beautiful unit and can do anything but is painfully expensive - check out the GolfMkV forums.
I have the $800 "Waywell 6050" (or AVC9000-1) Chinese knockoff sat-nav stereo. For another couple of hundred, all the options you want are possible.

High-Fidelity
22-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Is there any way I can check the progress/delivery of my new Tig?

I'm not aware of anything until it leaves the factory. I'm sure the dealer could track it through the various factory checkpoints though.

Once you have a VIN number and it has left the factory, you can do a search for it at http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/ (click on Track and Trace and enter the VIN in the Cargo ID (I think that's it) field.

Has anyone got experience with the addon unit which goes inline with the power/data cable at the back of the RNS510 to allow DVD viewing while driving? Is it worth the 100 Euros plus shipping from Germany?

No experience with the TV in motion adapter, but I believe that it blocks the speed signal from the CAN BUS so that the RNS-510 thinks that the car is stationary all the time. Unfortunately, the RNS-510 uses dead reckoning to track the car movement if it loses the satellite lock (entering a tunnel, car park, etc). I think you would lose this feature of the RNS-510 if you used the TV in motion adapter.

Enjoy the Tiguan, they are great fun and very versatile.

Ben.

Pullstarter
22-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Congrats on the order! Now for the slowest 3 months of your life!! LOL As HiFi says once the car has been consigned to the shipper you can track it's progress through the link he gave you. Happy tigging :)

DBBL
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi all,

Just purchased my Tiguan today!

147 TSI
Candy White
Cornsilk Leather
Panoramic Sunroof
RNS 510 with RVC plus Dynaudio
MDI
Bluetooth
Park Assist
Bi-Xenon
New York 18" Wheels
Offroad Technology
Alarm

As with most Tig owners, good things come to those who wait. Feb 10 delivery.

Looking forward it!!!

Sanman
02-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Niiiice.
Not sure that's there's any more option boxes you could tick.
Certainly it will be a nice weapon
Congrats!