PDA

View Full Version : Issue #2 (Steering Woes)

DIDZ
14-01-2007, 03:21 PM
This is partially linked to Issue #1 (and it could be).

When I'm at a slow speed, say less than 20kph, and I move the steering wheel left-right-left , it doesn't exactly vibrate, it feels like something is loose.

In addition I have another problem (issue #1).

What could be possibly loose to cause this ?

Any ideas ?

william
14-01-2007, 08:18 PM
This is partially linked to Issue #1 (and it could be).

When I'm at a slow speed, say less than 20kph, and I move the steering wheel left-right-left , it doesn't exactly vibrate, it feels like something is loose.

In addition I have another problem (issue #1).

What could be possibly loose to cause this ?

Any ideas ?

hey Didier how you doin buddy issue one and two are very similar :idea: tyre wear remember i came to your place and you told me it pulled to the left i told you to get a wheel alignment due to the fact it hasnt been done you are getting uneven tyre wear causing vibration tyre noises all sorts of issues get that checked out theres a place on canterbury doing wheel alignments for 30 dollars

Golf Loon
14-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah and whilst you are getting the wheel alignment done, get em to check there is nothing loose in the front end.

brackie
15-01-2007, 05:25 AM
Most (decent) wheel aligners won't touch anything if there's significant wear in bushes, joints, rack etc. They know that they'll have problems getting it right. Ask for a check first. No point in realigning with something worn.

DIDZ
17-01-2007, 07:34 PM
hey Didier how you doin buddy issue one and two are very similar :idea: tyre wear remember i came to your place and you told me it pulled to the left i told you to get a wheel alignment due to the fact it hasnt been done you are getting uneven tyre wear causing vibration tyre noises all sorts of issues get that checked out theres a place on canterbury doing wheel alignments for 30 dollars

Hey champ, I'm alright!

I had the wheel alignment done and it went away, but at the moment it has come back a bit more. I'll check the bushes and see if anything needs tightening.

If it's the rotors that need machining, is it a walk in/walk out job ?